TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Show Awards

SGT0225

How about going to car shows just for fun and talking to other people. Rick

I don't bring my car to shows just to talk to other people. I can do that without bringing my car.

I just thought we could list the different awards we have got over the past few years.

i dont care for awards at shows unless the awards are pretty sweet looking.

For instance, a show that happens with NE Shelby guys in PA, some of the awards are a rock wheel because the show is called Rocktoberfest, i went to a show in Philly, and the trophies were made out of old pistons, those were pretty sweet. I would just want to get those because they look cool

The aspect of going to shows and walking around talking cars is a long lost part of car shows now. I do cruise ins (no competition) or show with the survivors (again no competition). We still see club sponsors sitting behind their cars not caring about anyone elses. What a sad group we have become. IF IT'S NOT MY CAR I DON'T CARE - IF IT's NOT A FORD I DON'T CARE, IF I DON'T KNOW YOU - I DON'T CARE - you get the idea and I'm sure a lot of you old timers miss the olden days. We have enough trophies (remember I'm old), and I am excited to see some younger person win their 1st trophy, but the fun of looking at other iron and talking cars is what it should be. Get out from the back of your car and see the field - remember - EVERYONE THERE IS AS PROUD OF THEIR CAR AS YOU ARE OF YOURS AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR COMPLIMENTS TOO! Just my 2 cents worth.

The aspect of going to shows and walking around talking cars is a long lost part of car shows now. I do cruise ins (no competition) or show with the survivors (again no competition). We still see club sponsors sitting behind their cars not caring about anyone elses. What a sad group we have become. IF IT'S NOT MY CAR I DON'T CARE - IF IT's NOT A FORD I DON'T CARE, IF I DON'T KNOW YOU - I DON'T CARE - you get the idea and I'm sure a lot of you old timers miss the olden days. We have enough trophies (remember I'm old), and I am excited to see some younger person win their 1st trophy, but the fun of looking at other iron and talking cars is what it should be. Get out from the back of your car and see the field - remember - EVERYONE THERE IS AS PROUD OF THEIR CAR AS YOU ARE OF YOURS AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR COMPLIMENTS TOO! Just my 2 cents worth.

Wayne1948,

I agree completely with your observation about what has become of many "car shows" and the trophy race. I still enjoy cruising to the shows, parking my Shelby and then making the rounds to look at all of the vehicles present and socializing with other car enthusiasts. A trophy in my mind is an after thought...

Here's a little cruise and car show some TS-PCR members have enjoyed the past couple of years at Lake Tahoe: http://www.teamshelb...ow/page__st__80

Wayne1948,

I agree completely with your observation about what has become of many "car shows" and the trophy race. I still enjoy cruising to the shows, parking my Shelby and then making the rounds to look at all of the vehicles present and socializing with other car enthusiasts. A trophy in my mind is an after thought...

Here's a little cruise and car show some TS-PCR members have enjoyed the past couple of years at Lake Tahoe: http://www.teamshelb...ow/page__st__80

I hope no one here thinks I am "out for me". That is not what I am asking here.

I am far from it, but I dont pay to park my car just to sit behind it and watch people walk by. A free show, or cruise night is fine with me.

I am the guy that goes to shows with friends, park my car, put a little blurb in the window and go hang out. I leave my car unattended alot.

I would rather have built up a mustang of my dreams than buy my Shelby. That will never happen, so i bought my car and enjoy it.

I just asked if any one had won an award. Some older guys may have many awards in their youth.

• 4 months later...

Don't worry about the comments, some people like to jump on and complain about anything. Most owners love working in their cars,some for show others for go what ever turns your crank. At the end of the day its nice to get recognition from your peers on what you did to improve your ride, it's not the $10 trophy they want, but it's nice to know they love your work.

Archived