TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To Save or Sell

Iam going to do a rear seat delete kit on my 08 sgt vert. So i was going to save the seats but my buddy said they might mold Anyone ever here of this these seats have had no one on them ever like brand new. So iam a little confused if i ought to try to sell or keep I try to save all my original parts .tks dave

I would save it. I had a friend that bought a 1966 Hemi Belvedere II back in 1968 and decided to put in bucket seats. When it skyrocketed in value he remembered watching the trashmen crush the original bench seat. He never did find an original. Just my oppinion and I do like the looks of the seat delete in the coupes - have never seen one in a convertible.

I would save it. I had a friend that bought a 1966 Hemi Belvedere II back in 1968 and decided to put in bucket seats. When it skyrocketed in value he remembered watching the trashmen crush the original bench seat. He never did find an original. Just my oppinion and I do like the looks of the seat delete in the coupes - have never seen one in a convertible.

If you have the room to store them, you are in no rush to sell.

These convert. mustangs are mass produced, you could possible find a seat down the road.

I pulled the back seat in my old 2001 GT and built my own delete. I double-bagged the seat in big heavy lawn bags and stashed it up in the attic. When I went to sell the car a couple years later, the seat was in perfect condition.....much better than the fronts that had stayed in the car.

If you have a place to stash it, I'd sure save it, but if you end up trading it in (instead of selling it yourself) they won't care about the seat being missing. I've traded in two Mustang GTs at Ford dealers and they were never interested in the stock parts I'd taken off the car, like the stock grilles (hanging in my garage now) and such.

Archived