TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Convertible Pics

kawwy600

Hmmm.....Vert doesn't have the race recaros? And this model has the new splitter. Looks like the splitter can be added and removed when needed. Kind of a relief since my current splitter taps the ground on dips as it is. The bulky new one doesn't stand a chance. I really like that blue. It's very mature looking. One last thing..I'm not a fan of the standard rims now. I loved the 2010-2012 standards as much as the SVT rims..now... they lack something. I'll definitely been snatching up the mesh looking SVT rims on my 2013.

I'm loving that new Blue paint. I like the improved tailights, new rims, painted lower side fairing (vs black molded).

My only quirk on it is the wide open grille with the snake squeezed on the right side (at the very least it should be on the left old school style)

very cool..i agree the grill snake should be deleted, looks like an afterthought.i do like the wheels but looking at this one it is clear to me that black stripes or stripe delete are a must otherwise the rear is entirely too busy looking.white/black stripes is gonna be sick

In my opinion, the rear of the 2013 Shelby is way too busy and a design fail (other than the cool quad exhaust) as compared to the 2010 - 2012's. As others have suggested, a stripe delete unit will compensate for some of this. The rest of the package is awesome, but I can already see aftermarket front grill treatments to protect the coolers/radiators from damage.

Agreed on the busy rear treatment. Too much going on there. Also surprised there's no grill to protect flying objects from damaging the radiator. I understand the thinking on 155mph speedo limit for the 'vert, because most performance buyers opt for the hardtop. Here's a shot I took of the car at the chicago auto show.

post-12933-0-87786500-1329347083_thumb.jpg

post-12933-0-87786500-1329347083_thumb.jpg

Archived