TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front splitter mod

I had a run in with a concrete parking lot wheel stop. While the splitter did bend and return to it's original shape, the paint cracked.

I removed the splitter and instead of repainting, I decided to have it wrapped in faux carbon fiber. It turned out great and gives the car a different look.

IMAG0115.jpg

Now I would love something to put in front of the splitter to prevent little rocks from hitting the radiator

I have considered making a mesh grille to match the grille for this opening. looks like I would have a ready customer for another one if I decide to make it.

The splitter is installed with rivets, lots of rivets. The original installation “technique” made removal a chore. With a Harbor Freight a block away, :spend: anything is possible.

Note to installation tech - when you pop rivet a panel on, make sure that you cleanly clipped the pin off. Leaving a quarter inch nub makes it a real PIA for the next guy to drill out the rivet to perform a repair.

Glad to know you have my back Chris! :finger:

I cant help it if the splitter can't handle normal everyday west Texas driving speeds! :tumbleweed::bike:

If you remember correctly, I did have your back :poke: was on your 6 at over 100mph when it came off. :censored: The seat in Becky's bunny also remembers being places seats do not belong. :hysterical:

I took my original splitter and had it hydro carboned. Looks a little different than the original carbon fiber but now I don't have to worry about dragging the driveway or the curb on a blonde day!

Sherri yours looks great, and guys don't let her fool you, you can only tell the difference if you look closely. Anyone who didn't know would probably never notice. It took me a bit, lol

• 2 months later...

Archived