TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Track Video

Mulanzo

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but saw this on Youtube. It appears to be the first video of the car in motion. It sounds great, especially when the SC whine punches through the grunt of the v8. There's also a short in-car vid of Tanner Faust driving the vert at VIR.

Wow, that car gives no mercy.

Hey, just because the Mustang topped the Camaro this round, don't be proud of that. Just remember, the Camaro and the Mustang topped anything foreign. ;)

I agree...I just don't understand the hate for the Camaro...Childish IMO.

That's a folkin great video! :rockon:

Love it when Tanner is tearing up VIR. :peelout: He didn't almost lose it! He was pushing the heck out of it and had total control. :superhero:

:hysterical3: Did someone say Camaro?

If you wanna defend Chevy's go to a chevy forum. :doh:

Nope then I'd have to defend Ford...I was asked last summer to join a local Vette club and all they done was bad mouth Mustangs

at the first show that was it for me I walked away...Like I say CHILDISH...Something you would hear on a school ground.

you got that right

So by using your logic, if you wanna act like a child, go to a children's forum.

You're welcome,

Phill

That video rocks! cant wait to see more videos of this bad boy!

As for the Camaro hate, This is a SHELBY forum. Not a hail GM forum. What can you expect? People are biased and have strong feelings for these type of cars. Trust me that the Camaro guys do the same thing on 10x scale about Mustang hating. It's called Brand loyalty. I love everything Ford and Shelby. GM has really stepped it up with the Camaro but I believe Ford and Shelby will always have the upperhand. Just my .02.

Great video! Thanks for sharing. As for the Shelby-Camaro rivalery I would make an analolgy to pro sports. There are fans that are passionate about their team, but still can acknowledge a great play no matter who makes it, for instance cheering when an opposing player reaches an important carreer milestone; others will be just as passionate, but will despise all players that wear the wrong jersey color, for instance cheering when an opposing player is badly hurt. I'd rather be in the first category, but we can't change the fact that some will always be in the second.

That video rocks! cant wait to see more videos of this bad boy!

As for the Camaro hate, This is a SHELBY forum. Not a hail GM forum. What can you expect? People are biased and have strong feelings for these type of cars. Trust me that the Camaro guys do the same thing on 10x scale about Mustang hating. It's called Brand loyalty. I love everything Ford and Shelby. GM has really stepped it up with the Camaro but I believe Ford and Shelby will always have the upperhand. Just my .02.

No matter who does it Ford Chev or Dodge fans it's still childish.

Now on another subject....The picture of your GT500 it looks like you have wider rubber than stock..Unless it's an optical illusion.

Some people say it can't be done on the 013 GT500...I think thats BS...The wider the tire the meaner the car looks IMO.

This would explain why the tires on both display cars at the Chicago show looked well-broken in..almost abused. I made a comment to my buddy with me, "someone has been running the dog-crap out of each of these on some track somewhere."

No matter who does it Ford Chev or Dodge fans it's still childish.

Now on another subject....The picture of your GT500 it looks like you have wider rubber than stock..Unless it's an optical illusion.

Some people say it can't be done on the 013 GT500...I think thats BS...The wider the tire the meaner the car looks IMO.

I'm actually running 295's on the rear and 275's up front. Perfect combo! The thing about the Michelin 295's, they are only about .3 inches smaller overall than the 315's. So you basically get the same width as a 315 but get a little more clearance as well.

I'm actually running 295's on the rear and 275's up front. Perfect combo! The thing about the Michelin 295's, they are only about .3 inches smaller overall than the 315's. So you basically get the same width as a 315 but get a little more clearance as well.

Awesome it looks way better than the stock width tires for sure....Did it affect your ride quality or handling in any way ?

It also should give you more traction I would say....The 013's should come from the factory with wider rubber IMO but some

people say it would affect the handling I think thats BS think the car would handle it just as yours does.

Well i also have the full Shelby/Eibach suspension installed and the handling is 10x better. The width of the tires hasnt affected it at all. The fronts still turn lock to lock and dont rub at all. And traction has definitely increased with these tires! I also think the 2013's should have had a little bit bigger than 285's. Especially with 650HP. Now, SVT said the reason was because I they were worried about the wider tires causing too much oversteer I believe. But if we can fix all that with the suspensions we can put on ours, theres no reason they couldnt make it work. I mean the price is already up around 60k, whats another 1-2k for a really good suspension from the factory.

Well i also have the full Shelby/Eibach suspension installed and the handling is 10x better. The width of the tires hasnt affected it at all. The fronts still turn lock to lock and dont rub at all. And traction has definitely increased with these tires! I also think the 2013's should have had a little bit bigger than 285's. Especially with 650HP. Now, SVT said the reason was because I they were worried about the wider tires causing too much oversteer I believe. But if we can fix all that with the suspensions we can put on ours, theres no reason they couldnt make it work. I mean the price is already up around 60k, whats another 1-2k for a really good suspension from the factory.

I agree....Great looking GT500 bud.... :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived