TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sounding Off on Shelby GT500

It looks like there is going to be a Shleby GT500 KR model and a lot more to come.

What does that do to those who bought Shelby GT500 above MSRP ???

Looks like that could reduce the demand.

If you are worried about Global Warming bull shit that the politicians are pushing.

Check out your information on the web before making up if it's just a play to control

people and money by big money. Look on the web for the truth about global warming.

Back to Mustangs can't wait for the new models to come out.

Don't be conded into playing above MSRP.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they do bring out more Shelby Mustangs, the more the merrier I say. We didn't buy our '07 as an investment, we bought it to enjoy it and will probably own it until we tip over. As far as not paying over MSRP, if you really don't want to, don't, but you may have to go without. Or wait and buy a used one. To each his own.

Well all i can say is i do like my shelby but i would have never paid 60k for it is i thought the exclusitivity would be topped within a years time........I do have a sour feeling but oh well.Lesson learned.NEVER pay more than msrp.Im not talking about losing on an investment but i feel robbed now knowing there is going to be better so soon and many more to come.It looks to me like the 07 shelby will be the most mass produced and least desirable of the many to come. The 07s brought so much over MSRP when it was the only game in town. i think the o8s will bring 100k or more if they limit it to 1000 but it will also make the 07s drop value like a bomb if they do mass produce them at 5000 or more...........well see.

Seeing the way this puzzle is starting to form.Im pretty confident ford will hold off any KR production #s or pricing until every last 07 is sold...............Watch and see............My belief is the KR will not be an addition but it will replace the gt500.They say 1000 now but it will probally be

8000-10000 when the 07s are all gone. Thgis will make the 07s value drop like a lead wieght if the KR replaces the regular gt500.Specially if the MSRP is around 55k..............

If i was a mustang nut like i am a lightning nut.Id be selling my car immidiatly and buy the 500kr . Fortunatly for me, its just a fast car to me now.The special feeling is long gone the more i watch all this unfold............................

Well all i can say is i do like my shelby but i would have never paid 60k for it is i thought the exclusitivity would be topped within a years time........I do have a sour feeling but oh well.Lesson learned.NEVER pay more than msrp.Im not talking about losing on an investment but i feel robbed now knowing there is going to be better so soon and many more to come.It looks to me like the 07 shelby will be the most mass produced and least desirable of the many to come. The 07s brought so much over MSRP when it was the only game in town. i think the o8s will bring 100k or more if they limit it to 1000 but it will also make the 07s drop value like a bomb if they do mass produce them at 5000 or more...........well see.

Seeing the way this puzzle is starting to form.Im pretty confident ford will hold off any KR production #s or pricing until every last 07 is sold...............Watch and see............My belief is the KR will not be an addition but it will replace the gt500.They say 1000 now but it will probally be

8000-10000 when the 07s are all gone. Thgis will make the 07s value drop like a lead wieght if the KR replaces the regular gt500.Specially if the MSRP is around 55k..............

If i was a mustang nut like i am a lightning nut.Id be selling my car immidiatly and buy the 500kr . Fortunatly for me, its just a fast car to me now.The special feeling is long gone the more i watch all this unfold............................

Your 07` is special Its the 40th Anniversary Shelby ENJOY IT LIFE IS TO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS AROUND THE CORNER

..I believe that the kr version will stay close to the concept as presented, a limited run of shelbys sent to LV for some SAI add ons. I think that the ultimate price will be far out the league of most current shelby buyers, so I predict very little impact. These KRs are for the crazy rich guys, and based on the number of dealers who have held onto shelbys and gt40s, I bet a lot of the KRs stay with the dealership owners or their best buddies.

It looks like there is going to be a Shleby GT500 KR model and a lot more to come.

If you are worried about Global Warming bull shit that the politicians are pushing.

Check out your information on the web before making up if it's just a play to control

people and money by big money. Look on the web for the truth about global warming.

I look at the polar ice caps for the truth about global warming. Sorry.

:headspin:

There was only one car worth paying MSRP+ for, the Shelby GT500. Not because it is a collectible but because it is a BADASS car. IMO it sounds like we are getting close to the death of the musclecar like we did in the 70's.

it's all a bunch of yak. This time we have to much data and we think we know how it's all going to turn out. Well HELLO we don't know what's going to happen. Just enjoy the friggin awesome car you baught, The next year model will always be better until they drop a 4 banger in the S197 because of the politics, or even worse toss an Mustang badge on a focus. Just enjoy it.

I look at the polar ice caps for the truth about global warming. Sorry.

:headspin:

+1

...and the Maldives ... the country is slowing going under the waves ...may be gone in 50 years or so as sea levels rise.

..regardless of the myriad causes, it's a eal problem, imo.

+1

...and the Maldives ... the country is slowing going under the waves ...may be gone in 50 years or so as sea levels rise.

:hysterical2:

The GT500KR is nothing more then a modded GT500. Don't be bitter about prices, maybe someday you'll get your price. A 500HP 6 speed car will always be in demand. Too many view points on the Internet to say it represents truth. BTW for all you the believe in the Global Warming thing is caused by man, why don't you study some history with your science.

There was only one car worth paying MSRP+ for, the Shelby GT500. Not because it is a collectible but because it is a BADASS car. IMO it sounds like we are getting close to the death of the musclecar like we did in the 70's.

it's all a bunch of yak. This time we have to much data and we think we know how it's all going to turn out. Well HELLO we don't know what's going to happen. Just enjoy the friggin awesome car you baught, The next year model will always be better until they drop a 4 banger in the S197 because of the politics, or even worse toss an Mustang badge on a focus. Just enjoy it.

Well said. :rockon:

:hysterical2:

:shrug: it is...

saw on TV the other night how some are already leaving... The head of the country (king?) felt that in another 50 years most of the landmass of the country will be gone. On the country's website there's a lot of beautiful realestate for sale... bring your scuba ;-)

If you are worried about Global Warming bull shit that the politicians are pushing. Check out your information on the web before making up if it's just a play to control

Be careful what you watch and hear on Fox News. Listen to the EDUCATED SCIENTIST.

Excuse me, but WTF topic are we discussing here? GW or being depressed that you bought a incredibly bitchen car?

GW- As far as I'm concerned right now, the jury is still out on what is or is not happening and what will or will not happen. But I will say this, before getting behind any cause or movement, it's always smart to first check the big picture to see if someone stands to benefit from the successful outcome of the cause or some forced behavor put upon a population. And no, I'm not saying that GW is somesort of conspiracy conjured up by the tree huggers either. I'm just saying we should all stand back and look at the big picture before jumping on anyone's bandwagon.

Depressed/mad because you feel that FoMoCo and SAI scrwed you over- HOW? Because you believe they put a car on the market that was only good for one MY before they brought out something better? Because you made a personal choice to pay the ADM on your car? If you feel that way then you bought the car only as an investment and you are now pissed that your investment has been diminshed because of the KR.

SNAP OUT OF IT! JEEZ!

LOOK, IN THE LONG RUN, IF THEY REALLY ONLY MAKE 1,000 KR'S, THE ONLY THING THE KR WILL BE GOOD FOR WILL BE IT'S COLLECTIBILTY, AND THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF IT'S LIMITED AVAILABILTY. OTHER THAN THAT, THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN FROM THE KR AND INSTALLED ON YOUR "STOCK" OVER PRICED 500 AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE. THERE IS A BIG PICTURE GAME PLAN FOR THE 500 OWNERS THAT WILL ECLIPSE THE KR. CAI IS NOT GOING TO SCREW ANYONE OF US 500 OWNERS OVER. OH, DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE WILL PAY FOR OUR PLEASURES, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE PERFORMANCE AND SPEED COST MONEY, BUT IN RETURN FOR YOUR INVESTMENT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WAX ANY STOCK KR ANYDAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY'S.

IF YOU WERE NOT A COLLECTOR, YOU WOULD CLEARLY SEE THAT POTENTIALLY PAYING SIX FIGURES FOR AN ADDITIONAL 40 H.P., FIRMER SUSPENSION, BETTER BREATHING EXHAUST, AND THE FEW OTHER ITEMS THAT THE KR HAS "OVER" YOUR CURRENT 500, IS ABSURD!! ESPECALLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PARTS AND ACCESSORIES THAT SAI IS OR WILL OFFER SOON FOR YOUR 500 IN ADDITION TO BETTER THAN KR P&A. YOU KNOW THE KR'S HOOD? F'IN BEAUTIFUL, RIGHT? OKAY, WHAT IF SAI BRINGS OUT A DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HOOD THAT WILL SMOKE THE KR'S HOOD IN APPEARANCE; HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CAR THEN? WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU SELL YOUR 500; ARE ABLE TO PURCHASE A KR AND THEN FORD AND SAI COME OUT WITH SOMTHING BETTER THAN THE KR? WILL YOU THEN SELL THE KR TOO?

LOOK IF YOUR UNHAPPY THEN SELL YOUR 500 NOW AND THEN PRAY THAT YOU WON'T GET TOO BENT OVER TRYING TO OBTAIN A CAR THAT IS ONLY TEMPORRALY "BETTER" THAN WHAT YOU HAVE NOW. AND UNLESS YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE NEAR A DEALER THAT WILL GET ONE AND YOU ARE ABLE TO OUT BID YOUR NEIGHBOR FOR IT; OR UNLESS YOU HAVE A REALLY, REALLY HIGH CONNECTION WITHIN FOMOCO, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER OWN A KR. SORRY TO POP YOUR BUBBLE, BUT DO THE MATH. 1,000 UNITS DIVIDED BY 4,500 DEALERS. UNLESS YOU HAVE RON PRATTE'S POCKETS, THE ODDS ARE VERY, VERY, BAD FOR GETTING ONE.

Keep your 500 and make it your own. And if your concerned about future investment value, then have SAI do all the work and certify that they did it. Oh, did I just reveal one of their big picture plans for 500 owners just now? Maybe, maybe not.

+1

I'd better get my butt there and dive them then. Just missed a trip. More on the way as long as they're still above water.

bj

A most lucid post Son of GT. And you are exzactly right.

You are one ADM crying dude. Get over it. Why do you continue to make the GT500 part of an investment portfolio?

Excuse me, but WTF topic are we discussing here? GW or being depressed that you bought a incredibly bitchen car?

GW- As far as I'm concerned right now, the jury is still out on what is or is not happening and what will or will not happen. But I will say this, before getting behind any cause or movement, it's always smart to first check the big picture to see if someone stands to benefit from the successful outcome of the cause or some forced behavor put upon a population. And no, I'm not saying that GW is somesort of conspiracy conjured up by the tree huggers either. I'm just saying we should all stand back and look at the big picture before jumping on anyone's bandwagon.

Depressed/mad because you feel that FoMoCo and SAI scrwed you over- HOW? Because you believe they put a car on the market that was only good for one MY before they brought out something better? Because you made a personal choice to pay the ADM on your car? If you feel that way then you bought the car only as an investment and you are now pissed that your investment has been diminshed because of the KR.

SNAP OUT OF IT! JEEZ!

LOOK, IN THE LONG RUN, IF THEY REALLY ONLY MAKE 1,000 KR'S, THE ONLY THING THE KR WILL BE GOOD FOR WILL BE IT'S COLLECTIBILTY, AND THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF IT'S LIMITED AVAILABILTY. OTHER THAN THAT, THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN FROM THE KR AND INSTALLED ON YOUR "STOCK" OVER PRICED 500 AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE. THERE IS A BIG PICTURE GAME PLAN FOR THE 500 OWNERS THAT WILL ECLIPSE THE KR. CAI IS NOT GOING TO SCREW ANYONE OF US 500 OWNERS OVER. OH, DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE WILL PAY FOR OUR PLEASURES, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE PERFORMANCE AND SPEED COST MONEY, BUT IN RETURN FOR YOUR INVESTMENT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WAX ANY STOCK KR ANYDAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY'S.

IF YOU WERE NOT A COLLECTOR, YOU WOULD CLEARLY SEE THAT POTENTIALLY PAYING SIX FIGURES FOR AN ADDITIONAL 40 H.P., FIRMER SUSPENSION, BETTER BREATHING EXHAUST, AND THE FEW OTHER ITEMS THAT THE KR HAS "OVER" YOUR CURRENT 500, IS ABSURD!! ESPECALLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PARTS AND ACCESSORIES THAT SAI IS OR WILL OFFER SOON FOR YOUR 500 IN ADDITION TO BETTER THAN KR P&A. YOU KNOW THE KR'S HOOD? F'IN BEAUTIFUL, RIGHT? OKAY, WHAT IF SAI BRINGS OUT A DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HOOD THAT WILL SMOKE THE KR'S HOOD IN APPEARANCE; HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CAR THEN? WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU SELL YOUR 500; ARE ABLE TO PURCHASE A KR AND THEN FORD AND SAI COME OUT WITH SOMTHING BETTER THAN THE KR? WILL YOU THEN SELL THE KR TOO?

LOOK IF YOUR UNHAPPY THEN SELL YOUR 500 NOW AND THEN PRAY THAT YOU WON'T GET TOO BENT OVER TRYING TO OBTAIN A CAR THAT IS ONLY TEMPORRALY "BETTER" THAN WHAT YOU HAVE NOW. AND UNLESS YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE NEAR A DEALER THAT WILL GET ONE AND YOU ARE ABLE TO OUT BID YOUR NEIGHBOR FOR IT; OR UNLESS YOU HAVE A REALLY, REALLY HIGH CONNECTION WITHIN FOMOCO, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER OWN A KR. SORRY TO POP YOUR BUBBLE, BUT DO THE MATH. 1,000 UNITS DIVIDED BY 4,500 DEALERS. UNLESS YOU HAVE RON PRATTE'S POCKETS, THE ODDS ARE VERY, VERY, BAD FOR GETTING ONE.

Keep your 500 and make it your own. And if your concerned about future investment value, then have SAI do all the work and certify that they did it. Oh, did I just reveal one of their big picture plans for 500 owners just now? Maybe, maybe not.

:yup::poke: :rolleyes:

-------------

on GW, I think there's now little doubt it's real and the downstream effects are fairly well understood, imo. What's unclear is how much man is contributing separately from other natural cycles/causes. But the planets natural holding capacities are fairly well modelled and understood -- another major international report across many scientific disciplines was just released (today/yesterday?) specificallyreaffirming that.

Still, your words on getting the big picture is most wise, imo, and always sound advice since the media-play is certainly changing 10,000 times more rapidly than actual global warming! ;-) ...and you can bet that everyone who can take advantage of that is lined up to do so, from politicians to morticians <lol> ...it's the mind-f___ing spin-doctors 'right' to exploit change to more ruthlessly pick the pockets of everyone in a free-market economy (well, not exactly -- but that's the net effect) ;-)

-Dan

I still love my car! Besides, the KR is still a ways off, got a whole year of fun before the KRs will come out. :banvictory:

My only issue is not making the KR CAI/RAM Air package available for a retro fit. Maybe they will change their minds on it. There is some nice aftermarket Ram AIr hoods available and I was thinking of doing that anyhow, but I would much rather get a real Shelby part vs aftermarket.

GW-Its probably real, but I think we will run out of fossil fuel before we see serious damage or it become irreversible. Of course it doesnt take much temperature shift to have catastrophic results so it is wise to try to keep from happening.

Electric cars and reactors are going to be our main sources of transport and power within 60 years. We just have to figure out how to get rid of the spent radioactive fuel. I worry less about GW than I do about all the crap we dump in the water.

KC666

Were you stoned when you wrote this?

HSURB

unbelievable,Some of you are just plain simple minded.This site is to offer opinions and such.No need to call anybody a cry baby because they dont agree with you.You are not gods.Everybody looks at things different.Just becuase some feel the need to defend their getting bent over without lube.There are others like myself who love the car but wish they might have waited a little longer for the smoke to clear.Doesnt mean we are unhappy with the cars just our feelings on our purchases.Get over it.

SNAP OUT OF IT! JEEZ!

Thanks for putting order!! in the court :hysterical2:

unbelievable,Some of you are just plain simple minded.This site is to offer opinions and such.No need to call anybody a cry baby because they dont agree with you.You are not gods.Everybody looks at things different.Just becuase some feel the need to defend their getting bent over without lube.There are others like myself who love the car but wish they might have waited a little longer for the smoke to clear.Doesnt mean we are unhappy with the cars just our feelings on our purchases.Get over it.

To start a topic in a GT500 forum titled "Sounding off on the Shelby GT500" is not exactly the best way to start a nice warm social conversation with a group of fans for the product. That's why I asked if he was stoned when he wrote that. Doesn't seem like the approach a sober, common sense individual would take.

Here's a good rule of thumb for everyone. This video and typing on a forum don't mix. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqJJADvD3I

HSURB

Archived