TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Cobra Shelby Reunion in conjunction with the NHRA Museum

MMcGuirk

Due to high demand, a TRACK ONLY option has been added to the Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion.

Scheduled for April 19-21 on the historic Pomona Road Race Course (1956-'63), the event is a 3-day fun fest for all Cobras, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury (FLM) vehicles including trucks and Broncos, all Ford- and FLM-powered vehicles, including GT40s and Ford GTs as well as all Shelby vehicles.

The list of activities includes:

* 3 Days of Open Track organized by Mid America Ford Team Shelby

* A new exhibit honoring the Cobra’s 50th birthday presented by Racing Division and curated by Lynn “Mr. Cobra” Park

* A banquet honoring Carroll Shelby

* Show ’N Shine organized by Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region

* Grand Marshall Parnelli Jones (Along with numerous other Ford Cobra Shelby celebrities have been invited – Allen Grant, Chuck Cantwell, George Follmer, Phil Remington, Don Prudhomme, John Morton, Bob Bondurant and many more..)

Michael McGuirk

Director

TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC COAST REGION

For more information go to: www.fordcobrashelbyreunion.com

--cid:896C0B1F-E29D-4A4C-9F4B-EE4710161BCF

Three days of Pomona Track time is only $250.00! www.fordcobrashelbyreunion.com

Cars will be seperated into Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups with the LASAAC group providing driving instruction to assist individuals who want to improve their on-track skills.

There will be a special "Vintage Race" group for race prepared vintage cars that will include historic Tiger's, Mustang's and Cobra's featured on Saturday afternoon.

More and more excitment is developing every day for this event!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Just looking what is offered for the Gold package, it does not look like that package would include the show n shine at Knott's Berry Farm? Or am I reading this wrong? I am looking at wanting to do all of the events but the Track and was wondering about the other items not listed under the Gold. Any response in this matter would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

I was just researching this event getting ready to sign up and there is an update canceling the track portion of the event and making this a one day event with car show and banquet honoring Carroll. Anybody know what happened to the track event? Is ther going to be a Knotts caravan on Sunday?

We've heard they are still talking about doing the Knott's Berry Farm Caravan on Sunday. The Reunion will be a one day event on Saturday. Michael McGuirk will be getting back to us to update the information or have something posted on here to let us know just what the event will involve and will have the price changes. I've been patiently waiting to see this and know what to do on our end also. We are hoping to come out from WI as that will be a better time of year for us to make this drive!!

I was just researching this event getting ready to sign up and there is an update canceling the track portion of the event and making this a one day event with car show and banquet honoring Carroll. Anybody know what happened to the track event? Is ther going to be a Knotts caravan on Sunday?

This is living below the radar screen. The initial post makes it look like there is a bunch of low cost track activity while the track part has been canceled. I would like to request that the initial post be updated with the latest news.

Detals of the restructuring here:

http://www.nhra.net/2012/images/Museum/FCSR-OneDayAnnouncement%202-18-12.pdf

Second, what happened to cause the event to be so restructured? This was going to be the premier event and now it's a social gathering.

There finally is an update to the Registration and Event on the NHRA Museum website. The museums website is: http://museum.nhra.com/

Then click on Reunions and go from there. The pricing is considerably less since the track portion is no longer being offered. As far as a

caravan to Knott's Berry Farm on Sunday, I still haven't heard about that, but would be interested in that also if it is offered. I hope this helps

to clear things up for everyone and I appreciate all of the feedback that I have gotten from all of you! :)

If I am misleading or conveying the wrong information to anyone, please let me know. This is just what I have discovered tonight

while researching other things.

As we couldn't make the Bash in Vegas that we have attended for the last 3 years, I am hoping to see faces from that event at this one if at all possible!! It is always a pleasure to interact and enjoy time with those that have the passion for these cars as we do!!

Just got the latest from Oz Marlen below is the email exchange.

I am one happy camper

GLEN

thank you for your interest. other then the pits opening at 2:00 pm and track set up untill 5:00

there is not much going on for thursday. I can mail you any other information as soon as it printed along with the schedule. Thank you 'oz'

FRIDAY : 9:00AM DRIVERS MEETING

10:00AM TRACK TIME BEGINS

THERE WILL BE 3 RUN GROUPS IN 30 MIN.INTERVALS.

RUN GROUPS WONT BE DECIDED UNTIL DRIVERS MEETING

SATURDAY: 10:00 AM TRACK TIME BEGIN

12:00 PM PARNELLI JONES PARADE LAP & GROUP PHOTOS

1:00 PM TRACK TIME BEGINS AGAIN

ALL RUN GROUPS SHOULD GET AT LEAST 3 SESSION PER DAY

SATURDAY NITE : MEET AND GREET NEXT DOOR AT THE HOTEL

Cool

Thanks a bunch.

We are on board; couple of questions

Are verts allowed??

Can I post this on Team Shelby??

Cost for track?

Will there be a complete package we can buy (track, event, dinner)?

Sorry more than a couple

Glen

GLEN "

COST $250.00 FOR BOTH DAYS / PLEASE POST IT ON TEAM SHELBY / VETS ALLOWED / VINTAGE VIEHICLES PREFERD / YES THERE IS A PACKAGE AVAILABLE / CONTACT- LYN ROSE 714-307-3084 FOR PACKAGE DETAILS. GLEN IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE YOU. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ANY OTHER QUESTIONS. THANKS 'OZ'

I was all set and even had a rental car and airfare, then when they changed it all up I cancelled everything. Now they have changed it AGAIN???

I would really like to attend, but I just can't take the risk that it will be called off again.

I was all set and even had a rental car and airfare, then when they changed it all up I cancelled everything. Now they have changed it AGAIN???

I would really like to attend, but I just can't take the risk that it will be called off again.

I decided to drop out as well once the event was changed to a one day event. Now that it's back to multiple days I'm still opting out.

Shame to as I think this will be a fantastic event.

COST $250.00 FOR BOTH DAYS / PLEASE POST IT ON TEAM SHELBY / VETS ALLOWED / VINTAGE VIEHICLES PREFERD / YES THERE IS A PACKAGE AVAILABLE / CONTACT- LYN ROSE 714-307-3084 FOR PACKAGE DETAILS. GLEN IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE YOU. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ANY OTHER QUESTIONS. THANKS 'OZ'

Yikes......vintage vehicles prefered??? Whats that say about the late model crowd?

Based on the Track Cancellation Notice I re-spent my money on tickets to the Riverside International Automotive Museum Gathering of the Legends IV, March 30, 31, April 1.

If they are serious about "Vintage Vehicles Preferred" (and reducing the specified track-time by a third) they better be communicating with me about the $$ I sent.

Archived