TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took GT500 for a Ride..NOT

BlueByU

Had it out today with the top down and another 120 miles on the clock. It was 67 degrees in CT today with the sun out and clean roads. I had to run the fuel down below 1/2 tank and then drove it to the CT Convention Center for the Frank Marratta Auto Show this weekend. Now there's an empty spot in my garage, I'm use to it being there all the while.

Drive and enjoy the car. Don't be a bear and hibernate!

Honestly, the winter was not bad at all. No major snow storms and little salting and I live in the same part of the state as you.

I had my Shelby stored at a buddy's house, but drove my Vette through the winter.

Drive the car.....no one will give you more money because you have a few hundred or thousand miles less. All the best Billy !

I had the GT500 out TODAY. It saw the sunshine B) even though I only pulled down the driveway ( 20 feet) , it saw the sun. First time since Thanksgiving. Next month I put the Insurance back on the the GT500.

Never put the Roush in storage this winter in Chicago, used it when the weather was good. The 08 GT500 Vert rolled out ofthe garage last week and the top went right doiwn :)! The GT500 is at the dealer for some new stuff! Hope to spinning it around for my 60th Celebration on Tuesday!

I don't know how you guys in Northeastern NJ can enjoy a performance car. Having lived in all four corners of the state, the roads up there are completely horrendous. They might as well be cobblestone streets since there are so many potholes. I'm so glad to have moved south with less traffic, smoother roads, and some nice open areas of farmland to really open them up once in a while. I hope you winter storers are using stabil to protect the fuel pumps, lines, etc. I keep my car fully insured all year long and when the weather is nice (no salt or wet roads) I'm out there cruising the backroads.

I don't know how you guys in Northeastern NJ can enjoy a performance car. Having lived in all four corners of the state, the roads up there are completely horrendous. They might as well be cobblestone streets since there are so many potholes. I'm so glad to have moved south with less traffic, smoother roads, and some nice open areas of farmland to really open them up once in a while. I hope you winter storers are using stabil to protect the fuel pumps, lines, etc. I keep my car fully insured all year long and when the weather is nice (no salt or wet roads) I'm out there cruising the backroads.

I'm originally from Essex county and I know what you mean. I used to take out only 6 month policies on my motorcycle for that reason. If I had a GT500 back then I would have done the same thing. I can't get traction on dry roads..never mind snow.

Don't know what you uys are talking about. I live in Long Valley - very scenic part of the state with alot of nice country roads. Lots of nice good roads in Chester, Long Valley, Califon, Mendham area. Essex County and Bergen County are a different story. Sure there are some potholes, but you can avoid them.

You are in South Jersey,.....thats not exactly the South.

If you are taking insurance off of the car, you might want to consider a hobby you can better afford.

If you are taking insurance off of the car, you might want to consider a hobby you can better afford.

Ouch, I gotta see where this goes. :lurk:

April 1st the Insurance goes back on the GT500. The GT500 did see some sun on the driveway this weekend. :fear:

I have new Front ( RED ) Brembo Calipers and new ( RED ) Rear Ford Calipers to put on the GT500 in a couple of weeks. I will take Pictures of before and after. :camera:

Archived