TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took GT500 for a Ride..NOT

BlueByU

Took the GT500 out for a ride... NOT only about 6" outside the garage, it saw some daylight. I am getting the etch for the BIG Show at Carlise :yahoo: I have to wait a couple of more months before the whole car can come out.

Did the GT500 see it's shadow? Will there be 6 more weeks of winter? Inquiring minds want to know!

I fired mine up yesterday after finally installing my VMP pulley and tune. Only thing is I couldn't take it out to test it. It is off the road for the winter and I have adjusted my insurance to reflect that. Quite frankly I don't want to deal with salt and other crap all over it and I have nowhere to clean it off where I keep it. I know it's there to be driven but I have another car and I'm willing to wait until the weather improves.

Colin

Mine got to see outside the garage this weekend as we were snowblowing the massive dump that winter took on us. I had about 5 days after it was delivered to drive it in dry & unseasonably warm weather. Now that we got our first real taste of winter so far this year, I guess I'm done for a while. Back to the old reliable F-150. >sigh<

We have had a very mild winter - no salt used so far. Have had ours out on most days that were dry. Carroll always said - MY CARS ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN - enjoy it ! I have cars that haven't been wet in over 20 years, but they still get driven - the Shelby won't be an exception.

There are around (10)ten Shelbys around our area. 1/2 of them drive them all year. The other 1/2 put our Shelby away by Thanksgiving and then take them out of hibernation :boring: around March time. The pot holes are REALLY bad around here.

I saw a grey GT500 in my area yesterday, covered from top to bottom in salt. No thanks, that isn't what I bought my car for. This is my fair weather/weekend toy and I intend keeping it for a long time. I appreciate that not everyone can afford to have more than one car and have to drive their car year round. Trust me, I enjoy my car when I can, but not in winter.

Colin

Ha! I'm not paying $1000/mo car payment to not drive it. Unless it's snowing or there's salt on the roads, I'm driving!

I put some all seasons and 18's on it for the winter and good to go. Been out in 18 deg weather with no problems.

7990bff3.jpg

My GT500 is like a groundhog. It just came out to see it shadow. :kuko:

Again the roads around here are really bad to many pot holes. I do not want to buy new rims or tires for the GT500. I am saving some car insurance money for the winter months enough to make a car payment or two.

Again the roads around here are really bad to many pot holes. I do not want to buy new rims or tires for the GT500. I am saving some car insurance money for the winter months enough to make a car payment or two.

That makes sense if your roads are that bad BBU. We just have the occasional "crater" to avoid...lol. Cool that you are able to save some money for payments too.

I drive mine as long as the snow is off the roads...I don't care about salt or anything - next year I'm getting snow tires for it - so even snow won't stop me! lol. I figure the longest I'll have this car is 10 years...and nearly 3 are gone already. No biggie to me personally.

Don't know how to post a photo (will try to get them in MY GALLERY), but had ours out again today (avoided the pot holes too) and ran into a friend at his shop - he had drivin in his GT350 recreation. 600+ HP and pulls the front wheel of the ground on launch. Enjoyed our drive by the way. Bad weather coming in on Wednesday - so it may be the last for awhile. Sorry I am not able (or smart enough) to be able to upload any photos. I keep getting ERROR file too big (it's only 1 photo). Any help from anyone out there?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought mine would be parked after Thanksgiving, but I've been running it almost every week when it's dry, and the temp is above 30 degrees or so. I've wanted a Shelby my whole life, and I feel lucky that the first year I have it, the winter has been so mild. Driving it is occasionally a conflict as I try to keep the mileage in check, but it keeps calling me. Only 8 months old and just hit 4500 miles. Gotta say I'm really enjoying it, though. :shift:

Erm.....No comment:

I haz a sad for your Mustang. Interesting what the wind did to the snow, though. We had a 50-plus, sunny day yesterday so I gave the GT500 a good going over with Griot's Speed Shine (awesome quick-detailer, by the way) and went out cruising around. The G:2s actually had a little bit of stick to them in the "heat". Today it's back to freezing cold, so the Other Woman is safe in the garage. Thursday's supposed to be 50+ again; can't get here fast enough.

Archived