TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Event 2012

VorpalBunny

Hello Fellow Forum Members,

The Terlingua Preservation Society’s yearly Terlingua event is coming up again this October 4-7, 2012. A pre event meetup is also a part in Alpine, TX on October 3rd at the Historic Holland Hotel for those availble.

This is a great event and is open to anyone who loves the cars of Carroll Shelby of all models. It is hosted in Terlingua and Lajitas, TX which is located in far west Texas next to Big Bend National Park.

The event is largely a big group of friends who get together each year for socializing, fun, ½ mile drives, slalom, meals, an auction, a closed road speed run of 16.5 miles, great scenery, history, the Terlingua Racing Team and more.

Each year we host about 40-45 cars and couples/singles for the event. The registration fees cover all costs including three nights resort lodging, event options such as drives and courses, event insurance, meals (lunch and dinner Thursday thru Sunday), goodie bags and more.

We have a couple available slots for the event if you are interested please contact me at vorpl8@yahoo.com or any board member all of whom can be found at our website www.terlinguapreservation society.com

The event is a registered 5013C non-profit that donates charity to local Terlingua beneficiaries. More information can be found in this forum’s threads including past event photos, talking to other participants and at the website above, or by contacting myself or any board member.

Typically, there are several caravans that add to the fun of getting here from the west coast, east coast and Texas. Some participants also fly in locally and rent a car and have a great time.

David Elkowitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Some participants also fly in locally and rent a car and have a great time.

David Elkowitz

Like they say, everything is bigger in Texas and by local, he means anything within 5 hours is local to Terlingua..... :hysterical::hysterical2:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe ,,just maybe I will this year B) what's a 1000 miles ," one way ",,,,002410-R1-08-17A.jpg. :camera: .

Dam your close :hysterical:

I think we are gong to take the scenic route should be around 3300 miles one way.

Like Carroll says enjoy life theses cars are meant to be driven :peelout:

Always wanted to do this one... looks like fun. Hmmm... My birthday's October 2, maybe take some vaca time?

Jer

• 3 months later...

Always wanted to do this one... looks like fun. Hmmm... My birthday's October 2, maybe take some vaca time?

Jer

Among all the irrational choices you have made or will make, "doing this one" will be the least regrettable.

One of these years I'm doing this trip... Unfortunately I will not be able to swing this year... :(

Especially after doing 50th Bash Vegas :spend: and Carlisle... :spend::spend:

Maybe ,,just maybe I will this year B) what's a 1000 miles ," one way " .

Drive it! That's just a hop skip and a jump... B)

:reading:

Big Larry... The man of many emoticons! :rockon:

Like Carroll says enjoy life theses cars are meant to be driven :peelout:

That's what I'm talking about! :superhero:

Terlingua

What? No emoticon? :drop:

You all enjoy now... Ya hear... :happy feet:

Archived