TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby K-Member Support Plates

Staff

I can not imagine where and how the plates will be installed. Has somebody some detailed pictures or the installation instructions? My question is must the k-member be removed for the welding of the plates?

Sorry for the delay! Here's the info:

You do not need to remove the K-member entirely, just the corner where you are installing each plate, one by one.

The correct method is to remove the bolts (supporting any load when neccessary), insert the plate between the K-member and frame, then REATTACH THE K-MEMBER AND TORQUE THE BOLTS FULLY. Then weld along the edges of the plate (see the pix attached).

The reason I typed that last section in CAPS is because it's very important - the K-member/plate/frame "sandwich" needs to be tight before welding. THAT way, if there has already been any distortion of the frame, even a little bit, the plate will straighten it when you tighten. Otherwise, the plate will be straight, your frame might NOT be, and the structure's not as supported as it could be.

BTW, in the first 2 pictures below, the K-member IS totally removed from the car - that is because these photos were taken of an actual Shelby 1000 build, and the engine had been completely removed for its rebuild. That may be where the installation method confusion comes from.

Jer

IMG_6386_21.jpg

IMG_6387_21.jpg

IMG_6391_21.jpg

IMG_6392_21.jpg

S10002.jpg

IMG_6386_21.jpg

IMG_6387_21.jpg

IMG_6391_21.jpg

IMG_6392_21.jpg

S10002.jpg

Any idea when these will be back in stock?

Oops!

Probably just needs to be transferred into SPP's stock from the SAM stock. Sorry! I'll get that done ASAP!

Jer

Archived