TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Temp Gauge

bloodusmc

I have a new 2012 GT500 SVTPP.

Live in NJ, its about 37 degrees today. I drove for about 20 minutes and the oil temp gauge is a little on the hot side.

this was the same last night too around 35 degrees. is this normal?

Oil Temp gauge?

You have a Oil Temp gauge in your car??

I assume you added it, right???

I want to add a Oil Temp gauge to my car. How did you do this and where did you mount it?

Phill

He must be talking about his temp. gauge because the oil guage shows the oil pressure not the temp...

Hmm, he had me thinkin' the 2012's had a oil TEMP gauge in 'em.

Someone said you can get a digital read-out on oil temp by pushing a secret code series of buttons but never answered back on if it worked with a '10 and later. I hoped he knew.....

It'd save me the cost and hassle of mounting a oil temp gauge with my vac/boost gauge (which means I'd need to go with a multi-gauge pod).

Darn it,

Phill

Hmm, he had me thinkin' the 2012's had a oil TEMP gauge in 'em.

Someone said you can get a digital read-out on oil temp by pushing a secret code series of buttons but never answered back on if it worked with a '10 and later. I hoped he knew.....

It'd save me the cost and hassle of mounting a oil temp gauge with my vac/boost gauge (which means I'd need to go with a multi-gauge pod).

Darn it,

Phill

Back when I had a new edge GT, there was a way to get the odometer readout into diagnostic mode, which gave you access to several things that weren't displayed. I would assume there's something similar available on the new ones but have never seen or heard of it.

I swear I read something recently about a diagnostic mode on my 2012. I'll see if my Google-fu is strong enough to find it again...

Edit: Found this: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm

Thread over at AllFordMustangs seems to say that this procedure works in 2011s. I assume we just use the Reset button instead of the odo reset button that the older cars had.

No mention of oil temp, sorry.

I swear I read something recently about a diagnostic mode on my 2012. I'll see if my Google-fu is strong enough to find it again...

If you can find it, I for one will appreaciate it!

Phill

See above. Might not work. Don't think it includes oil temp.

I'll be the guinea pig. My car is up on jackstands so I'm gonna go out to my garage and try it. I'll use the reset button because that's what I remember someone else saying on either a earlier or later model (I have a '10).

I'll let ya know when I return....

Phill (keeping my fingers crossed that I don't fug something up!)

Archived