TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH in the toy box

Cali_KR

Having rented a GTH in Miami back in Oct '06, I'd always thought in the back of my mind, "wouldn't it be great to have one of these unique cars in the stable"...after all, this was the first Mustang bodied Shelby in 36 years!

Well today was the day...Micheal McGuirk and I drove in his GT350 down to Bakersfield where our good friend Rick Yates had the car in his shop awaiting my arrival. Rick was the one who told me about the car last Sunday, and after negotiating over the phone with the seller on Monday, a deal was done on Tuesday. I had Rick pick the car up on Thursday to take it to his shop, as he had arranged for me to get the car professionally detailed on Friday. (you know these black ex-rental cars...geesh..lol) Thanx for all of your help Rick!

She has a few blems, but thats to be expected, a 6 year old car with 46k on the odo (but nothing out of the ordinary). Turns out the car has never been registered with Shelby, and I'm the 3rd owner (after Hertz)

CSM #06H368

Here is the one pic I took as i got home (cel phone), more (better) pix to be uploaded in the future.

GTH.jpg

Turns out the previous owners either didn't know, or didn't care to contact SAI or Hertz for all of the unique items that are given to the buyer once they were sold off.

Therefore, I've got all the cool swag coming to me :happy feet: :yahoo::rockon:

Bonus score :bandance:

Turns out the previous owners either didn't know, or didn't care to contact SAI or Hertz for all of the unique items that are given to the buyer once they were sold off.

Therefore, I've got all the cool swag coming to me :happy feet: :yahoo::rockon:

Bonus score :bandance:

:yahoo:

• 1 month later...

Congrats Tom---call me when you get tired of it....... :wub2:

For those spectating this thread...Bruce and I have matching CSM numbers, his '66, and my '06

How about, when you get tired of yours... :drool:

#368...Welcome to the GT-H team. I am on my third one! I currently have #117 with 23K miles and I drive it almost every day! I love this car as my favorite ride.

Simular to you, I own a few other Shelby's, etc....but, nothing like the GT-H. It is a great drifting car and I have had it on the Thunderhill Race track for open track days.

I am now building an 05" GT as a track car so I don't put too much on this "driver", Lol.

Maybe we will hook up in the bay area sometime.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The detail job looks great. What did they use on it to get it looking so new? Even the stripes look new (are they?).

Thanx GF..the front end does have a lot of chips, in fact I need to replace the front bumper cover... you just can't see it in the pic. Considering #368 lived in the desert sun, and the mileage, she really is quite clean.

Archived