TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4.10's installed this week

I took the 4.10 plunge this week. Wow, I should have done that so long ago. It's like a new car. If you’re on the fence about the mod, I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Dwain!!!

Who did the install for you?

Laurence

It was a small Ford dealer in Taylor (Wilson Motors). Perfect install. $200 bucks. If your intrested I'm sure he would fix you up. He's doing my cams as soon as my warranty runs out in April.

I took the 4.10 plunge this week. Wow, I should have done that so long ago. It's like a new car. If you’re on the fence about the mod, I highly recommend it.

I had mine done last Fall and can't wait to get back out on the track :shift:

Not a daily driver, so the +400 RPM increase at highway speeds wasn't a factor in my decision to swap gears... Enjoy!

I

Gregg,

If you figure out how to do that please share ! :idea:

Just do it and ask forgiveness for it later when she hears the funny whine from your car. It worked for me and she still likes me! She was mad for a while though be prepared for that.

I

Just do it and ask forgiveness for it later when she hears the funny whine from your car. It worked for me and she still likes me! She was mad for a while though be prepared for that.

That Sh#% don't work, It got me in some serious hot water last year, I don't even mention car parts around the wife anymore. I would need to have a lawyer on standby if I spent 7gs on the whipple with out here knowledge. I'll probably have to get a second job on the weekends to pay for it. Maybe next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed mine this weekend. Took the whole rear end out because I was not looking forward to laying on the garage floor trying to setup gears all weekend. I'm getting too old for that crap! Everything went perfect. Excellent contact pattern, pinion preload, and backlash was close at .008". Drove 90 miles today on a "Sunday drive" and loved it! 5th gear is useful again, and absolutely no whine. These gears with the Bama race tune from American Muscle are the most bang for the buck.

Installed mine this weekend. Took the whole rear end out because I was not looking forward to laying on the garage floor trying to setup gears all weekend. I'm getting too old for that crap! Everything went perfect. Excellent contact pattern, pinion preload, and backlash was close at .008". Drove 90 miles today on a "Sunday drive" and loved it! 5th gear is useful again, and absolutely no whine. These gears with the Bama race tune from American Muscle are the most bang for the buck.

Most bang for the buck, glad everything went smoothly.

I

lol, be careful...I tried this route and let's just say she got it all back in the end w/ the help from her attny! :worship:

Archived