TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bridgestone RE11/K110 First Impressions

mullens

As promised, I'll post some of my observations of the RE11/Hankook K110 combo. The tires were mounted today, so these are just preliminary impressions. Temp was 56 degrees, so I decided to take a ride up through Red Rock and stretch her legs a bit.

The first thing I noticed was a 100% improvement in traction over the F1's. They still break loose in 1st gear, but once they heat up they absolutely hook up in 2nd. Road noise is not an issue..they are at least as quiet as the F1's. I took it through some curves at speed, and they were very predictable and VERY sticky. I can't comment on wet traction because, well, it just doesn't rain here.

I'll give them a few thousand miles and post back. First impressions were VERY good. For less than $1k this is a great combo. Don't believe that crap about not mixing brands/tread patterns. They work..

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

The Hankooks were very responsive...no sidewall roll whatsoever. Equal to or better than the F1's. Grip is great..I was snaking through the turns pretty good.

FYI as the RE11's are breaking in they seem to get stickier. I just hope they last a reasonable amount of time with the 180 wear rating...

Looks good Mullens! Same stock tire size or did you change? I had to laugh at your last comment about 'lasting a reaonable amount of time...". Thats up to you if want to keep your foot out of your TVS and save your tread. LOL... I say spin em!

Looking good, thanks for writing up.

There is a bit of truth to the don't mix/match tires story, but it is pretty contingent on the tires that are being matched. I bought my Fox with Kumho Extas in the back and Nitto 555's in the front. It was horrible. The front tires would tramline, the rears wouldn't, they would release differently in a hard curve, and the confidence in the rain was smiley-scared_1863.gif.

I replaced the fronts with Falkens and the car doesn't fight itself now and it behaves itself much better in every way.

Sounds like you found a combo that works well. Congrats. :hi5:

Looks good Mullens! Same stock tire size or did you change? I had to laugh at your last comment about 'lasting a reaonable amount of time...". Thats up to you if want to keep your foot out of your TVS and save your tread. LOL... I say spin em!

I went same as OEM...255s in front 285s in back. Yea keeping the foot out the TVS is like having a big bank account and not dipping into it..Thanks..

Looking good, thanks for writing up.

There is a bit of truth to the don't mix/match tires story, but it is pretty contingent on the tires that are being matched. I bought my Fox with Kumho Extas in the back and Nitto 555's in the front. It was horrible. The front tires would tramline, the rears wouldn't, they would release differently in a hard curve, and the confidence in the rain was smiley-scared_1863.gif.

I replaced the fronts with Falkens and the car doesn't fight itself now and it behaves itself much better in every way.

Sounds like you found a combo that works well. Congrats. :hi5:

Yes I'm sure there are some combos that won't work. It's just that some guys paint the whole issue with a big brush and say it will never work. BTW I read up on the Kumho's and they seem to be a kick ass tire. It's just that nobody has them. According to DTD they've been on National back order for months.

Archived