TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tana’s New Bangastang Radiator cover

Grabber

Tana’s New Bangastang Radiator cover

Vender: Bangastang

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang_07_09_5_4L/product/RCGT500/Bangastang_s_Radiator_Cover_07_09.htm

Ordered: 12/24/11

Arrived: 2/3/12

Cost: $485 (free shipping)

Paint finish: Flawless ! The painted stripes and Clear Coat is amazing & the match is superb.

The box arrived undamaged

006-7.jpg

The note put some suspense in the unwrapping !

008-6.jpg

Plenty of protection inside of the box

012-7.jpg

Lots of protection during shipping

016-6.jpg

Personal note on the bottom. This is done on all covers from what I heard

024-7.jpg

I unwrapped it and looked it over very closely. It was flawless and the stripes were so smooth you could not feel them. The paint was so smooth and the clear so thick.

026-7.jpg

Looks great Rob & Tana!!!

I'm waiting for my cover from Hendrix. I went with the white & silver stripes with a customization to the stripes. Hendrix, Pat & I spent about an hour measuring all the cuts and changes that need to be made for the Whipple, tanks, hood pins and Shelby VIN plate. Can't wait to see the finished design.

Dan

That looks outstanding Rob, that would look good on my car but I don't think it pays as big of dividends on a black car as it does on other colors. I'm a little intimidated by the various colors of red found on the stripes too! Oh the contemplation of some of these mods.

Did you put the wings all the way around on Tana's car or just on the Cobra on the grill? I check this forum regularly but I probably missed that thread.

I must admit you're a great salesman for some of these vendors, thanks to you I had to change my shifter knob in mid-December to a black with red stripes and it looks great.

Very nice... Congrats to Tana.

One small thing though... Is it me or are the stripes wider than the cars?

And where did you get that battery tender? Took me a while to figure out what it was.

Later,

JG

:salute:

The stripes on the cover are the same width as our cars. Some photos give the optical illusion to appear wider.

026-7.jpg

I have 4 of these and use them on my Bike, cars and riding lawn mower. I got them from Griots Garage a few years ago. They sitll sell them and the design has changed a bit. They have a great product. Read the details on the below link:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/battery+manager+iv.do?sortby=ourPicks

Looks great Rob & Tana!!!

I'm waiting for my cover from Hendrix. I went with the white & silver stripes with a customization to the stripes. Hendrix, Pat & I spent about an hour measuring all the cuts and changes that need to be made for the Whipple, tanks, hood pins and Shelby VIN plate. Can't wait to see the finished design.

Dan

That is going to look great on your car. I'm looking forward to seeing your Pic's. It must be nice to live close to his shop.

That looks outstanding Rob, that would look good on my car but I don't think it pays as big of dividends on a black car as it does on other colors. I'm a little intimidated by the various colors of red found on the stripes too! Oh the contemplation of some of these mods.

Did you put the wings all the way around on Tana's car or just on the Cobra on the grill? I check this forum regularly but I probably missed that thread.

I must admit you're a great salesman for some of these vendors, thanks to you I had to change my shifter knob in mid-December to a black with red stripes and it looks great.

If you are worried about the color match you could have Hendrix send you the color chart or go to your local paint store and ask them for a sample of the Dupont Red Baron color.

016-4.jpg

I put a full set of the wings on Tana's car for her birthday. My car got a set too. :)

024-6.jpg

026-6.jpg

028-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

030-1.jpg

032.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

The stripes on the cover are the same width as our cars. Some photos give the optical illusion to appear wider.

026-7.jpg

I have 4 of these and use them on my Bike, cars and riding lawn mower. I got them from Griots Garage a few years ago. They sitll sell them and the design has changed a bit. They have a great product. Read the details on the below link:

http://www.griotsgar...sortby=ourPicks

I figured it was an optical illusion... Thanks for the link! :salute:

If you are worried about the color match you could have Hendrix send you the color chart or go to your local paint store and ask them for a sample of the Dupont Red Baron color.

016-4.jpg

I put a full set of the wings on Tana's car for her birthday. My car got a set too. :)

024-6.jpg

026-6.jpg

028-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

030-1.jpg

032.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

Your cars looks great!

I really appreciate all the nice comments about these mods, sorry I'm not able to respond more quickly. Thankfully Grabber always lets me know whats going on so at least I'm in the loop.

When I first saw the radiator cover with stripes on another car, I really wanted one for mine. This radiator cover more than lives up to ones expectations and excitement as you wait for the mods to show up at your door.

It was really, really, nice surprise to also recieve the battery cover compliments of Hendrix. I knew I wanted to cover it but I could never decide on what. Thanks to Grabber all mods are on and this weekend he has made

a plan to clean my rusty behind. I can't believe it has taken him so long to get to it. :hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very surprised some of you eagle eyes did not notice that Tana's radiator cover was over cut 2 inches at the ford Racing CAI.

It turns out that in 2007 Ford racing made the Cold air intake air deflector 2 inches longer and then in 2008 changed the design to be shorter. All the KR's came with the shorter air deflector and if you go to order one today, you will get the shorter one as well. I have pointed this out to Hendrix at Bangastang to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

When I ordered Tana's rad cover I told Bangastang I had a Ford Racing CAI. Hendrix has a cut out for the KR's that would of fit perfectly, but he thought that those were unique to the KR's and di not realize that all the units sold over the counter the last few years are the 2nd generation model.

Bangastang made it right and built Tana another cover that fits great. Thank you very much Hendrix ! Tana is very happy with the fit of this cover and so am I.

001-3.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-12.jpg

005-2.jpg

Archived