TEAM SHELBY FORUM

32 Pounds Of Boost ? ? ?

shelbymotorsports

I can't vouch for this particular car, but there are more folks than I can count on one hand that are running better than 30 pounds of boost on the 2.2/2.5 and 2.4 hybrid motors (hybrid being a 2.2/2.5 bottom end with a 2.4 cylinder head on top). Last year at our annual event Brian Slowe's hybrid Shadow went deep into the 9's in the quarter and he has been in the 8's. James Reeves 4-dr Omni is in the low 10's with full interior and I think James is still on an 8 valve 2.5 engine. Dean Stillie is knocking on 9 second's door in his Rampage (also a 2.4 hybrid). You can't get those numbers without lotsa boost or lotsa nitrous (or both). I don't know everyone doing it, but I think James Reeves is running a 4 bar MAP sensor which will read boost to 3 atmospheres or about 42 psi.

I can't vouch for this particular car, but there are more folks than I can count on one hand that are running better than 30 pounds of boost on the 2.2/2.5 and 2.4 hybrid motors (hybrid being a 2.2/2.5 bottom end with a 2.4 cylinder head on top). Last year at our annual event Brian Slowe's hybrid Shadow went deep into the 9's in the quarter and he has been in the 8's. James Reeves 4-dr Omni is in the low 10's with full interior and I think James is still on an 8 valve 2.5 engine. Dean Stillie is knocking on 9 second's door in his Rampage (also a 2.4 hybrid). You can't get those numbers without lotsa boost or lotsa nitrous (or both). I don't know everyone doing it, but I think James Reeves is running a 4 bar MAP sensor which will read boost to 3 atmospheres or about 42 psi.

I probably should have said something more like "32 pounds of boost on the sellers engine build description"..... hmmmm.

Perhaps the "runs & drives perfect" but parked under a tree in the weeds makes me go hmmm........

Steve

Yeah, true dat.

Sometimes it may even make a pass or two on a lesser build at that boost level until their luck runs out ....

You know, Mr. Baker and I live only a little over an hour away from this car. I've been a little out of the loop for a while, but maybe him or I could check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The previous owner of the car claimed 500+ whp and had some interesting dyno videos as well. the car definitely sounds built up. I think the goal was 10's in the 1/4 but not sure what/if it ever went. Unfortunately, our little Shelby Dodges are way easier to make power with than traction!

• 2 months later...

well known car, tall block, aluminum long rod 2.2, 400 WHP without the bottle and 540 with it. Not the best driver though and not setup to be drag raced, all over the place lol

as someone that has built up turbo dodges, 32lbs seems a little ambitious, but squeezing 400whp out of one is a cakewalk (sorta lol). I've had Shelby Fords, and Shelby Dodges, and let me tell you it's waaay easier and cheaper to make a 2.2/2.4/2.5 go fast.....faster than most lightly modded V8s.

they're a different kind of fun.

I miss my 11 sec 88 shadow that thing was a beast untill I sold it and the kid cranked up the boost way past what I told him to run and poped the head gasket. I tell you what my stock csx-vnt seems way more brutal off the line you have to love no turbo lag. Lol

Archived