TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Converter, gears, shifter....New Toys!

JeffJ

I got home this weekend from lots of boxes. Once I get it all put together I'll post my thought on it all. Hopefully it should get off the line pretty good now. Remember all that keep it stock stuff? I think I'm starting to get beyond that a bit now. I'm going from a 3.8" Paxton Pulley to a 2.65", 3000 TCI converter, TCI ratchet shifter, 4.10 gears, dual 63 mm throttle body, and some other stuff. I also found 6 used GT500 wheels for my BFG race tires to go over the Brembos. I'm out of control now I'm pretty sure!

100_0292.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got the tranny pulled, put in the shifter and converter and got it all re-assembled today. New tubes are on, supercharger pulley, 63mm throttle body. So it's getting there. Should get the gears in this week. Then to the tuner. It will idle and move around right now, but need to get it tuned to be driven. With the changes, the computer is really confused and will stall the car if I give it much throttle. So should be ready pretty soon!

I got home this weekend from lots of boxes. Once I get it all put together I'll post my thought on it all. Hopefully it should get off the line pretty good now. Remember all that keep it stock stuff? I think I'm starting to get beyond that a bit now. I'm going from a 3.8" Paxton Pulley to a 2.65", 3000 TCI converter, TCI ratchet shifter, 4.10 gears, dual 63 mm throttle body, and some other stuff. I also found 6 used GT500 wheels for my BFG race tires to go over the Brembos. I'm out of control now I'm pretty sure!

100_0292.jpg

Did "some other stuff" include the ford racing installation kit w/the 4.1 gears?

Nice, like the throttle body. Did it come that way or was it etched?

Kind of a mystery. It came as an option from what I understand, on the 630 hp Super Snake. It's etched pretty deep. This is what I'm told, but can't find another one like it in any pictures. I know it came off a Super Snake, but it's dual 63mm, so certainly not off the 750hp.

Car is at Rizza Performance here in Denver, getting the gears installed and they have a brand new Dyno. The tuner there is named Rob Williams who worked with John Lund for quite some time. So hopefully it will be a runner later in the week! Getting the proper tune to altitude here will be the best. I can't wait to see what they can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for those that may not have seen the other thread on my luck Saturday. Apparently that was the wrong combination and I now have rods out the side of my block. The FRPP Aluminator shortblock and FRPP CNC heads are now on their way. That wasn't much fun, specially right before the bash. Oh the horror!! Well it should be a real screamer now when done.......

link to other thread with pictures of the carnage:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/73360-one-less-gt-h-headed-to-vegas/page__fromsearch__1

Archived