TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got some work did!

The blower looks great! I am assuming that is powder coating. Did you take the blower apart, or just mask off the areas you did not want coated? I thought about doing something similar myself to only the scroll cover, but I see you did the back side as well, nice touch. I was concerned about heating up the seals and bearings during the baking. Could you elaborate on how this was done? Thanks

The blower looks great! I am assuming that is powder coating. Did you take the blower apart, or just mask off the areas you did not want coated? I thought about doing something similar myself to only the scroll cover, but I see you did the back side as well, nice touch. I was concerned about heating up the seals and bearings during the baking. Could you elaborate on how this was done? Thanks

It is powder coat. I sent it to my sponsor. He actually does all the un-assembly and re-assembly. The seals and whatnot can not be baked hot enough to cure the powder coat. If you are interested in getting this done, let me know.

That looks great man!! Where did that chrome strip underneath the PAXTON plate come from? Did they pop off the rivets and install that strip and then re-rivet it? Also, looks like the buffed up/ polished those two brass pieces as well - very sharp indeed! Can't wait to see pics of all of it installed.

Archived