TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HEY FORD MOTOR COMPANY! LISTEN UP!!!!

I GOT IT!!!!

OK, FORD! Listen up! This is a GREAT IDEA!

You REMEMBER when you told all your dealers NOT to get carried way with the big mark-ups on the GT500???? I REMEMBER THAT!

Did YOUR dealers LISTEN???? NO!!!

PAYBACK TIME!

This is how YOU, FORD, need to handle the distribution of the GT500KR!

Since you are only building a 1,000 of these I think you should allow them all to be sold through SAI. And this how they should be sold.

All 1,000 of these will be given out to buyers at MSRP with NO MARK-UP!

BUT!!!!

The only way anyone can get to buy one at MSRP would be on a lottery. All potentials buyers that want one for MSRP will have to buy a lottery ticket. ONLY ONE TICKET TO EACH BUYER ALLOWED!

Each ticket will cost $1,000. The $1,000 from each ticket sold would be donated to the Carroll Shelby's Children Foundation. It only takes 1,000 tickets to be sold to distribute the entire 1,000 production being built. So for every 1,000 tickets sold at $1,000 that would raise $1 million dollars for the Childrens Foundation!

Set a date to start selling tickets and have a cut off date set. Everyone that "DONTATED" a $1,000 to get a chance to WIN the right to buy a Shelby GT500KR will be entered into a drawing where 1,000 lucky winners would get to buy one of these cars for MSRP through CAI.

This would keep all the consumers happy, keep over 70% of your dealers happy since they would never get one of these to sell in the first place, and raise a boat load of money for Carroll's children foundation!

OK mustang fans and future GT500KR owner wannabes.....are you WITH ME?????

Who would risk a $1,000 for a chance of winning the right to buy 1 out of 1,000 of these GT500KR's???

Or would you rather take your chances getting one from a dealer for god only knows how much over MSRP???

I'M IN!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I GOT IT!!!!

You REMEMBER when you told all your dealers NOT to get carried way with the big mark-ups on the GT500???? I REMEMBER THAT!

PAYBACK TIME!

Since you are only building a 1,000 of these I think you should allow them all to be sold through SAI. And this how they should be sold.

BUT!!!!

The only way anyone can get to buy one at MSRP would be on a lottery. All potentials buyers that want one for MSRP will have to buy a lottery ticket. ONLY ONE TICKET TO EACH BUYER ALLOWED!

Each ticket will cost $1,000. The $1,000 from each ticket sold would be donated to the Carroll Shelby's Children Foundation. It only takes 1,000 tickets to be sold to distribute the entire 1,000 production being built. So for every 1,000 tickets sold at $1,000 that would raise $1 million dollars for the Childrens Foundation!

Set a date to start selling tickets and have a cut off date set. Everyone that "DONTATED" a $1,000 to get a chance to WIN the right to buy a Shelby GT500KR will be entered into a drawing where 1,000 lucky winners would get to buy one of these cars for MSRP through CAI.

This would keep all the consumers happy, keep over 70% of your dealers happy since they would never get one of these to sell in the first place, and raise a boat load of money for Carroll's children foundation!

Who would risk a $1,000 for a chance of winning the right to buy 1 out of 1,000 of these GT500KR's???

Or would you rather take your chances getting one from a dealer for god only knows how much over MSRP???

I'M IN!!!!

Not a bad idea, even if I lost I could still write it off as a charitable donation on my taxes. :lol2:

Ford nor Shelby can interfere with what dealers charge due to strong state franchise laws - I love the idea. I wonder if it can be done.

I know Ford can't do anything about dealers charging whatever they want. But the big question is could Ford allow CAI to be the only source to purchase a specialty vehicle through since CAI is also involved with modifying the vehicles? Or does CAI have to sell everything they build strictly through dealers as well?

How does for handle the sales of those cars they sell through Barrett-Jackson? Does that car actually end up being sold through a dealer somewhere? I would think if not then Ford could structure the sale of these as well without going through dealers.

Do the math again.....

1,000 tickets sold for a raffle to be one of 1,000 lucky people to get a KR? better make that 10,000 tickets sold so only 1,000 get picked to get one. Your way makes everyone a winner, wait a minutem makes the 1st 1,000 a winner, not fair to all parties

No, no, no. I didn't say limit the tickets to only 1,000. I said only one ticket per person allowed. Sell as many tickets as possible to all that would want one to get a chance at winning the right to buy one of these. They only need a minimum of a 1,000 sold to distribute all the cars to a buyer. But they could end up selling a 100,000 or more or whatever. Set a date ASAP to start this and end it when production starts. Odds of winning one of the 1,000 depends on number of total tickets sold.

It could raise an INSANE amount of cash for the Childrens Foundation.

No, no, no. I didn't say limit the tickets to only 1,000. I said only one ticket per person allowed. Sell as many tickets as possible to all that would want one to get a chance at winning the right to buy one of these. They only need a minimum of a 1,000 sold to distribute all the cars to a buyer. But they could end up selling a 100,000 or more or whatever. Set a date ASAP to start this and end it when production starts. Odds of winning one of the 1,000 depends on number of total tickets sold.

It could raise an INSANE amount of cash for the Childrens Foundation.

I like the idea but I think the dealers would freak out over it. I've already been out inquiring about the car and the dealers in my area are already chomping at the bit over the ADM's they can get on this car.

What Ford should do is look at the dealers that they got complaints about with the GT500 and just not give them a KR.

Better yet, only sell them to dealers who sold their GT500's at MSRP (like mine) :)

+1000

I like the way you think!! Sign my dealer up then! :happy feet: Considering how rare this was, imagine the distribution plan-- 100 cars for each of the 10(?) dealers around the nation who didn't renege on an MSRP deal. GT500KR's as far as the eye can see on their lots! :baby:

I like the idea of the lottery a lot! For those who win, you get the equivalent of a GT500KR for a 1K ADM; much better that what most of us paid for the GT500. If you're not a lucky winner, then at least you have helped a great cause. Just tell me when and where can I buy a ticket ! :)

I'M IN!!!!

Sorry to be a naysayer, but a lottery idea is pie in the sky. :wacko:

Whoever can make money on the sale of a KR will, and you would too if you had the opportunity. :yup:

I mean, it's a CAR - and an unnecessary purchase for 100% of those who will buy it. It's not a liver needed for transplant or one of 1,000 doses of a miracle chemotherapy agent that can cure those who receive it. :unsure:

The rules of supply and demand will - and should - apply. You might not like to spend the money, but spending money makes our economy hum. :idea:

Jolly Roger is OUT. :lurk:

Flame suit on! :headspin:

I think its a great idea and will stand behind it. However, I think this will really tick off the large volume Ford dealers across the country. With all the financial problems Ford is facing, the individual dealers will take advanage of this rare opportunity to stick it to the consumer once again.

I think its a great idea and will stand behind it. However, I think this will really tick off the large volume Ford dealers across the country. With all the financial problems Ford is facing, the individual dealers will take advanage of this rare opportunity to stick it to the consumer once again.

+1

That's what sucks about this whole deal. While I love these special edition Shelby's, I'm really getting sick of all the gouging that the dealers are doing. It's almost enough for me to say F...... Ford and go buy another make. Fortunately for them I just can't see myself driving a Chevy. I bought a GT for a grand under invoice instead. I'm still hoping that all this ADM crap will die down and I'll be able to pick up a Shelby but only time will tell.

+1

That's what sucks about this whole deal. While I love these special edition Shelby's, I'm really getting sick of all the gouging that the dealers are doing. It's almost enough for me to say F...... Ford and go buy another make. Fortunately for them I just can't see myself driving a Chevy. I bought a GT for a grand under invoice instead. I'm still hoping that all this ADM crap will die down and I'll be able to pick up a Shelby but only time will tell.

You need to keep in mnd that Ford is not the only brand who has cars that sell over MSRP. I was working at a Dodge dealer in the early'90's when the Viper came out and they were all getting way over MSRP for those too. The same with the Twin Turbo Stealth. Hell, even Honda has cars that sell for over MSRP. You can bet than when the Challenger comes out they will be selling for way over MSRP too, at least the high performance versions. I know what you're saying, but it's a sad reality when there are more buyers for a product than there is production.

You need to keep in mnd that Ford is not the only brand who has cars that sell over MSRP. I was working at a Dodge dealer in the early'90's when the Viper came out and they were all getting way over MSRP for those too. The same with the Twin Turbo Stealth. Hell, even Honda has cars that sell for over MSRP. You can bet than when the Challenger comes out they will be selling for way over MSRP too, at least the high performance versions. I know what you're saying, but it's a sad reality when there are more buyers for a product than there is production.

Correct, but the ADM's didn't last that long on those cars. The ADM's on the Shelby's seem to be hanging on longer than people expected.

Shelby Dude, I like the idea....but I think Ford would suffer from one aspect. They KR would draw people into the showrooms...and many of these visits would end up in "cross sales" to other models. Just ask Five Oh B...he said this has happened many times with the GT500. I think Ford wants to use this as a way to draw traffic into showrooms. But there may still be a hybrid solution....maybe Ford could sell it to the customer direct...but allow it to "ship through" the dealer for a fee charged to the dealer...such that they could let it sit in their showroom for a week or whatever. I dunno...just a thought....but I like the thought you put into this...it has merit.

Dave

Correct, but the ADM's didn't last that long on those cars. The ADM's on the Shelby's seem to be hanging on longer than people expected.

Yes, but unlike most cars that start out with ADM's the GT500 is limited for two years only. Also, look at what the Gt500's that were built in the 60's are bringing today. Plus the fact everyone that loves mustangs all love the Shelbys. Add it all up with 300 million potential buyers with only 18k - 20k total units over two years to be built and the demand goes way up.

If we ever see this car through 08 come down to MSRP I would be extremely surprised. It wouldn't matter to me, because I got mine. But if they did drop to MSRP I would gladly buy another one.

Shelby Dude, I like the idea....but I think Ford would suffer from one aspect. They KR would draw people into the showrooms...and many of these visits would end up in "cross sales" to other models. Just ask Five Oh B...he said this has happened many times with the GT500. I think Ford wants to use this as a way to draw traffic into showrooms. But there may still be a hybrid solution....maybe Ford could sell it to the customer direct...but allow it to "ship through" the dealer for a fee charged to the dealer...such that they could let it sit in their showroom for a week or whatever. I dunno...just a thought....but I like the thought you put into this...it has merit.

Dave

I think if Ford was concerned about using this to draw people into showrooms then they wouldn't limit it to just a 1,000 where less than 25% of their dealers will get one. They would build at least 3,680 so every dealer could at least get one. So based on that from Ford's standpoint I don't think they care or that they are thinking about their dealers on this.

Yes, but unlike most cars that start out with ADM's the GT500 is limited for two years only. Also, look at what the Gt500's that were built in the 60's are bringing today. Plus the fact everyone that loves mustangs all love the Shelbys. Add it all up with 300 million potential buyers with only 18k - 20k total units over two years to be built and the demand goes way up.

If we ever see this car through 08 come down to MSRP I would be extremely surprised. It wouldn't matter to me, because I got mine. But if they did drop to MSRP I would gladly buy another one.

Sorry but I don't share your point of view. MSRP will happen eventually. People just need to be patient.

Sorry but I don't share your point of view. MSRP will happen eventually. People just need to be patient.

Like I said, if it does I will buy another one. And if it gets to where these can be bought for MSRP then Ford would also end up honoring A/D/X/Z Plan on this as well because if they end up at MSRP then that just means Ford over built the car and they are sitting on dealers lots where no one is buying them. Just like the V6 and GT mustangs are now.

Good post ShelbyDood and I like the idea of Ford overcharging the dealers! LOL! It is true if you did not win it is a charitable contribution but I need to save up to help a poor illegal alien family which I believe now we have 5000 in our city alone! Remember to pay your taxes next week-21 million illegal aliens are counting on you!

Here is some food for thought. Since what I have seen in modifications to this KR edition are all the things Ford and Shelby SHOULD be doing to correct the 2007/2008 GT500's. Case in point is the suspension for one thing. Also, just the placement of the letters S H E L B Y on the rear of the car which I believe came off of this web site by all you guys. They should make the remaining 9000 to be built Shelby's all KR's but I don't think the Vegas plant could keep up. They should have just modified the 2008 with all these fixes and saved the KR name for the 600 HP which we all have figured out by now is coming soon to a theater near you. Just my 02 cents. What do I know?

Mark

Hey everyone, I've been reading on the forums here for a while now, and love the site. I'm a 2005+ Mustang GT wannabe owner at the moment, but, in time, I hope to buy and MOD one to my liking in the next year or two.

As with the rest of you Mustang nuts, I too covet the GT500, and now the 500KR. Wow, what beautiful and amazing cars. However, I do find it both sad and disheartening that a team like Ford and Shelby, whom started out representing the underdog working class in Lamans, (when Enzo Ferrari was king, and thought that Ford was just a punk kid company) has now put their "special" cars in almost the same exclusivity catagory as those same Ferraris they blew off the track at Lamans.

When I first heard about the 2005 body style at the 2003 Autoshow (I believe), I was hooked from the word go! I'm 33, and when I was 3 years old or so, the first car I ever fell in love with was a metalic brown mid 60's Mustang. I've loved them ever since. It's been a long time dream of mine to own one similar to that body style, but, I also wanted a new car. Thank heavens for Ford and "retro styling"! Then, I heard about the GT500, and when I saw the final MSRP of $42k (or so), I thought to myself "that's within reach, it's not an unreasonable amount". Then came the limited production numbers, and dealer markups of $15k, $20k, and in some cases $25k or more over MSRP. You could buy another Mustang GT nicely loaded for that! It's just gotten ridiculous. While the lottery idea is a great one, I'd bet the KR MSRP is $50k+. Well out of reach for a lot of us.

Oh well... I can take some solice in the knowledge that there are a couple of dealers in my state that offer Saleen supercharged Mustang GTs with "over 400 HP", that will still honor the standard Ford warranty on the car as well. Pricing is in the high 30's, and it's not a "Shelby", but, at least it would be a kick in the pants!

I love StangsUnleashed.com, and you guys seem like a great group. I hope to post my Stang up here some day.

- Josh

it is OK to sell the car at OVER MSRP...but come on...draw the line somewhere! These prices are really hurting the FORD MUSTANG IMAGE. these things are supposed to be fun and affordable. Now they are just fun to PRAY to ever see one on the road and just plain and simply not affordable....for most and TRUE fans....collectors only dont count! M2C

I think if Ford was concerned about using this to draw people into showrooms then they wouldn't limit it to just a 1,000 where less than 25% of their dealers will get one. They would build at least 3,680 so every dealer could at least get one. So based on that from Ford's standpoint I don't think they care or that they are thinking about their dealers on this.

They have not limited it (at least not YET) to 1,000 units. Watch the video.

Even if it is less than one per dealer, I think that they realize that some dealers won't benefit from having it. In the city I live, I doubt anyone cares. We have one of the highest gun-rack-laden-pickup-truck ratios around. No, that's not a slam against those types of vehicles....all I'm saying is that there are more hunters and fishers around here than car enthusiasts...that's all. I've lived in other cities where it's quite the opposite.

Dave

I GOT IT!!!!

PAYBACK TIME!

BUT!!!!

I'M IN!!!!

BAD IDEA!!! Well at first, it started out sounding good and then reality hit home. The money going charity is great. No dealer markup is great. But there's one huge leak with this system. Not only would this tick off the high volume Ford dealers with Ford,but there are other concerns as well. Even though you said 1 ticket per person for 1 grand, I see someone very, very influential with alot of mulla,(especially for investment purposes), getting alot of his friends,relatives and/or unrelated people to buy a ticket, by giving them 1500 to cover ticket price and 500 for just using their name for purchasing ticket as well as buying the shelby from them at msrp if and when their number is picked and won. Sadly that seems so unfair and I believe illegal, but heck,... they even buy people votes for big government elections. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer! Unfortunately,Alot of people would take the quick 500 or even lesser dollar amount for that chance to get the quick money. This "One (or more) Influential"persons then,could and would have one massive collection of brand new KR's at msrp,and all us other poor folks who thought they had a good chance to win,or tried to save up the money for the ticket are SOL......which is not Good!!! In a perfect honest world, its Great,...But in this world,...forgetta-bout-it!!!

Archived