TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lug Nut

fcettner

Changed the rear brake pads on the KR09 Shelby and took the car out to bed the pads. Came back and noticed the right side wheel brake assembly got real hot, a lot more than the left side. So while removing the lug nuts I stripped one. I inspected the pads and brake assembly all was good. I installed a temp nut and drove the car again and all was nomal.

Anyone know the part number for replacement lug nut for our alcola wheels? I'm told they are the same lugs for stock GT500's. Just asking so I get the right one.

TIA

PS -It was PITA to remove the nut and no I don't use a impact wrench :victory:

Changed the rear brake pads on the KR09 Shelby and took the car out to bed the pads. Came back and noticed the right side wheel brake assembly got real hot, a lot more than the left side. So while removing the lug nuts I stripped one. I inspected the pads and brake assembly all was good. I installed a temp nut and drove the car again and all was nomal.

Anyone know the part number for replacement lug nut for our alcola wheels? I'm told they are the same lugs for stock GT500's. Just asking so I get the right one.

TIA

Yup I understand they are the same , might be lucky & find one at your Ford dealer as I`am sure they are used on alot of other wheels, wouldn`t hurt to ask.

Archived