TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Super Snake

• 3 weeks later...

Blackout, was this from the time you placed your order for your GT500 with Ford to the time you got it back from SAI? Also curious if you had anything done at the speed shop or was it just the straight Supersnake conversion?

Blackout will have to answer you on the time frame from Ford or from Shelby for a *firm* answer but I can tell you he didn't have anything 'extra' done at the speed shop.

This was a stright-up Super Snake conversion with a couple of the regular options added (800HP & upgraded cooling systems, for instance).

I *think* the 6-mos was from the time Ford dropped it at SA until he got it back. I know there were at least a few delays stated. I was aware of the build right from the start and it certainly FELT like it was 6-mos at Shelby (and it wasn't even MY car I was anticipating)! If it was from the time he orderd it, about the longest that added was a month, or there abouts (so maybe 5-mos. @ Shelby??).

Again, Blackout can give you more info than "I think" so don't take my info to the bank.

Phill

Phill is correct about the timeline...as it happened, the Shelby I ordered was already enroute to the dealership--they simply rerouted the truck the day I made the deal. Clock started ticking the day it hit SA in July...~5 months later (November), Super Snake! I started negotiated w/Ford in June...so, total time was ~6 months.

I did have upgrades--e.g., the cooling system. However, I was told that installation was done along w/the regular conversion.

Cheers,

Mike aka Blackout

Shelby called Monday Feb.13th to say the car was finished. Reliable Carriers picked it up Tuesday 2/14, said I should have it here in FL by end of next week.

Car arrived in Las Vegas Nov1st, so it looks like a total time of 115 days.

How cool would it be to have the car delivered on Feb. 22nd, that's my birthday! :)

Thanks Phil and Mike for the in depth posts, it gives me a little more insight as what to expect. My car just entered production on the 10th which was last Friday. And your source was correct about the cooling package being done during supersnake production, the speed shop doesn't get involved with that. However my supersnake (when finished) will be going to the speed shop for a bit of work on the rear end so who knows how much longer that will take. At least it's not still waiting for a lift, and Doug I hope you post lots of pictures when you get yours back.

Shelby called Monday Feb.13th to say the car was finished. Reliable Carriers picked it up Tuesday 2/14, said I should have it here in FL by end of next week.

Car arrived in Las Vegas Nov1st, so it looks like a total time of 115 days.

How cool would it be to have the car delivered on Feb. 22nd, that's my birthday! :)

Did you get it mi amigo? I live in South Florida and you?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived