TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Plastic sill body trim

bitnippy

Can anyone help please?

I've managed to damage the plastic sill bodykit which goes between the front and back wheels under the passenger door. (I'm sure there is a better description!)

Is this a standard 2007 Ford Mustang convertible GT part?

Part no?

Where can I get one please?

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

Can anyone help please?

I've managed to damage the plastic sill bodykit which goes between the front and back wheels under the passenger door. (I'm sure there is a better description!)

Is this a standard 2007 Ford Mustang convertible GT part?

Part no?

Where can I get one please?

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

Are you talking about the rocker panel under the door , should be able to order that from your local Ford dealer ..

Are you talking about the rocker panel under the door , should be able to order that from your local Ford dealer ..

Thanks, yes, I thought it would have a name. Lot easier to ask for it now.

Not a quick fix for me as I am in England.

Looks like I will probably need a trim panel tool to get the clips out?

Thanks, yes, I thought it would have a name. Lot easier to ask for it now.

Not a quick fix for me as I am in England.

Looks like I will probably need a trim panel tool to get the clips out?

I think the rocker panel is also the same part # as the California Special, please verify but I think that was what was used on the GT-H and SGT.

Small flat tip screw driver will work. Just take your time to pop the center pin out.

It is the stock Mustang moulding. It is available from Ford, but unpainted and pricey. Mine was damaged on my Hertz car when I purchased it. There are companies

that have them as take offs, but they are hard to find with the body style change. I found it cheeper to take it off and have it repaired at a body shop. I purchased new

clips to reinstall the moulding.

It is the stock Mustang moulding. It is available from Ford, but unpainted and pricey. Mine was damaged on my Hertz car when I purchased it. There are companies

that have them as take offs, but they are hard to find with the body style change. I found it cheeper to take it off and have it repaired at a body shop. I purchased new

clips to reinstall the moulding.

I thought the cars used the California Special trim or is this just the 2006?

The rocker panels are the same on all Mustang GT based models. The 05-09 V6 and 07-09 GT500 models used black textured panels. Both are made of the same urethane material, and are secured the same way with push clips up front and several long trim clips pushed up into the chassis. Be sure to buy some extra trim clips as the plastic sometimes doesn't like to hold during a second installation.

Archived