TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The road to NYAS

svtbird91

I live off the parkway in CT that connects to NY city and Crispy23 C on his way to NYAS stopped by for a visit.

It was great meeting him ,great guy, got to share our car / Shelby stories . Great camaraderie. I wanted to give him a test drive but I'm waiting for my x pipe and tail pipe upgrades from SSW to arrive (another story) so that wasn't possible.

Showed him the T-Bird too.

One of the nicest things about this site is the great people on here. Chris and I go back to when this site just started and the GT500 was just an idea . When all we could do was speculate on what it would look like and how much power it would have ect.

It was great to finally meet him in person.

Monday I will be going to NYAS and will be meeting a couple more fellow Stangsunleashed members, looking forward to it.

I've said it before , this car is something special and has brought all of us together on this site and others to share in its wonderful herritage. I for one am very blessed to be part of this Shelby family. It truly is an exciting time for us car /performance enthusiasts.

Here's a pic of Chris...

post-54-1175820670_thumb.jpg

I live off the parkway in CT that connects to NY city and Crispy23 C on his way to NYAS stopped by for a visit.

It was great meeting him ,great guy, got to share our car / Shelby stories . Great camaraderie. I wanted to give him a test drive but I'm waiting for my x pipe and tail pipe upgrades from SSW to arrive (another story) so that wasn't possible.

Showed him the T-Bird too.

One of the nicest things about this site is the great people on here. Chris and I go back to when this site just started and the GT500 was just an idea . When all we could do was speculate on what it would look like and how much power it would have ect.

It was great to finally meet him in person.

Monday I will be going to NYAS and will be meeting a couple more fellow Stangsunleashed members, looking forward to it.

I've said it before , this car is something special and has brought all of us together on this site and others to share in its wonderful herritage. I for one am very blessed to be part of this Shelby family. It truly is an exciting time for us car /performance enthusiasts.

Well said Bird, have fun at the show, have a good Easter weekend bud. :happy feet:

I have to say...

It was great to finally meet George (svtbird91') after we talked so much here over the months of speculating, hoping, and waiting for this car.

Great guy, and I don't know why we did not do it sooner. He has a nice grouping of Ford cars (SVT Lightning, GT500, and custom 'SVT' T-Bird). He also does fantastic work under the hood (and everywhere else) of his cars. Just the work on his Thunderbird alone blew me away.

I can't wait to see/hear/experience the monster he is unleashing in the GT500. He really knows what he is doing, and it shows in his other finished cars.

He's a great host and we both shared many cool & funny stories. Too bad that I can't make it back to NY to meet some of the others as well. I think it would be alot of fun!

Hopefully summer we'll all have more time & opportunities to hook up in the northeast and all over the US & Canada. It's a great feeling to make a new friend.

Here are a couple of quick shots I took of the beast...and the other beast (lol). Check out his license plate, too!

post-140-1175823205_thumb.jpg

post-140-1175823242_thumb.jpg

:hysterical:

That's why they don't send donkeys to school....nobody likes a smart ass. :hysterical2: :huh:

Great story and pics...both of you. Glad to have you both on the forum. I've spoken to Crispy on the phone...he's a knowledable guy.

Dave

Aww, shucks! :blush:

I look forward to meeting you someday too, Dave. And lots of other cool folks that hang out here! Maybe summer travels will allow for more of us to hook up! :beerchug:

And remember Dave.....better a smart ass than a dumb ass! :hysterical2:

Aww, shucks! :blush:

I look forward to meeting you someday too, Dave. And lots of other cool folks that hang out here! Maybe summer travels will allow for more of us to hook up! :beerchug:

And remember Dave.....better a smart ass than a dumb ass! :hysterical2:

Chris, did you get a lot of good pix there? Or am I, once again, clueless and they're already posted somewhere?

Hope it was a fun day for ya!

Dan

:hysterical:

That's why they don't send donkeys to school....nobody likes a smart ass. :hysterical2: :huh:

Great story and pics...both of you. Glad to have you both on the forum. I've spoken to Crispy on the phone...he's a knowledable guy.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the kind remarks . How far are you from the NY city area ?

I noticed you are in "goat country" ,I was wondering what happened to all those GTO's . :huh:

Chris, did you get a lot of good pix there? Or am I, once again, clueless and they're already posted somewhere?

Hope it was a fun day for ya!

Dan

It was awesome. Nicer, more down-to earth people don't exist. Amy & Carroll are the best.

Lots of pics & Videos.

For the KR pics, unveiling and the interview:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

For the GT-H Convertible:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry127048

Nice to be able to put faces to names!

I think you both need to put on a little weight.

It was awesome. Nicer, more down-to earth people don't exist. Amy & Carroll are the best.

Lots of pics & Videos.

For the KR pics, unveiling and the interview:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

For the GT-H Convertible:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry127048

Thanks for the links, Chris -- great coverage and pix!!!

Can;t wait to see it it in the 'flesh!' ;-)

Nice to be able to put faces to names!

I think you both need to put on a little weight.

Well, thanks! I was telling George that I need to start working out! Feeling flabby after winter and all. Guess I'll have some extra mashed potatoes & Lamb today! ;)

Thanks for the links, Chris -- great coverage and pix!!!

Can;t wait to see it it in the 'flesh!' ;-)

I'm telling you, this car is beautiful & evil all at once. I'm just bummed that this color is not slated for production on any Mustang for '08.

I heard that it looks beautiful in Vapor, but I have yet to see it. I heard it's like Tungsten but with blue undertones instead of purple. Maybe this color will come out for '09???

Vapor sounds pretty interesting...

Archived