TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5.0 engine swap

Paintings don't appreciate either. If there is a market for something then it will return a value. Although I did not buy mine thinking it would be worth X dollars by Y time, I am not sure how anyone can also predict that it won't.

Enjoy your car for the reasons you bought it! If you drive it every day or if it is a garage queen that has not seen the light of day in two years, thats your decision, enjoy it!

not talking about as an investment. im simply referring to driver's standpoint you guys bought yours cars to be driven and not to become garage queens.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely agree. The heads are limiting but can be improved. I thought I read somewhere that the 3V head flow as much as the early Gen 4V. All I was trying say is the 3V can be a contender with the right mix of mods. I would love to see a N/A 3V make 500hp.

Heck, there are twin turbo 2V's making 1000hp so in many cases the only real limit to any of these motors is your wallet.

Amen Brother!

I absolutely would NOT swap my 4.6 for the 5.0. As far as I'm concerned, the 4.6 is no longer produced, therefore my engine is already becoming a classic ;)

I drive my car all the time, it by no means is a garage queen. I've even been driving it this winter (Just needs a good spring cleaning). Our cars were limited production cars, built while Carroll was alive ( I hope he lives to be 110) and were built with the 4.6. If I wanted a 5.0, I'd get a Boss. I think the 4.6 sounds meaner anyway. Just my .02

Archived