TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP - GT500KR

90GT

Not that I'll be able to get one at MSRP, but does any one know what it is??? I fell in love with this car from the first picture that I saw. I'm going to try my hardest to get one, but I'm not holding my breath. At least you can't blaim a guy for trying???

I've been around to several dealers in my area and what's funny is not one even knew the car was coming out. I've got my name on the buyers list at three dealers which I'm taking with a grain of salt due to past experience in trying to get a GT500. Its really just for them to contact me once they get more information on the car, not that I'm number one on the list to buy the car.

So what's this beast going to cost, any one know???

Not that I'll be able to get one at MSRP, but does any one know what it is??? I fell in love with this car from the first picture that I saw. I'm going to try my hardest to get one, but I'm not holding my breath. At least you can't blaim a guy for trying???

I've been around to several dealers in my area and what's funny is not one even knew the car was coming out. I've got my name on the buyers list at three dealers which I'm taking with a grain of salt due to past experience in trying to get a GT500. Its really just for them to contact me once they get more information on the car, not that I'm number one on the list to buy the car.

It is obviously too early to tell for sure but on the Car and Driver website, they were talking about $12,000 above the GT500's MSRP, which would mean mid to high 50's depending on equipment. Then again, in a preview about the GT500 in 2005, they slightly underestimated the MSRP at $39K.

My guess is that Ford will ultimately make a decision closer to launch time. Ford can now use the GT500 as a precedent, and seing the ADMs that people paid for that car, try to get a bigger piece of the pie for itself this time around. An MSRP of around $60K would not be unreasonable considering the exclusivity, added power, improved cornering and great looks! Some "regular" GT500's are still selling around that price with the ADM.

Only about one out of four dealers will get one, so I hope that you are on the right waiting lists. Not sure anyone will ultimately want to sell these at MSRP though. I hope you get lucky and get one at that price!

It is obviously too early to tell for sure but on the Car and Driver website, they were talking about $12,000 above the GT500's MSRP, which would mean mid to high 50's depending on equipment. Then again, in a preview about the GT500 in 2005, they slightly underestimated the MSRP at $39K.

My guess is that Ford will ultimately make a decision closer to launch time. Ford can now use the GT500 as a precedent, and seing the ADMs that people paid for that car, try to get a bigger piece of the pie for itself this time around. An MSRP of around $60K would not be unreasonable considering the exclusivity, added power, improved cornering and great looks! Some "regular" GT500's are still selling around that price with the ADM.

Only about one out of four dealers will get one, so I hope that you are on the right waiting lists. Not sure anyone will ultimately want to sell these at MSRP though. I hope you get lucky and get one at that price!

I was guessing in the 60k range myself. I also know that I'll have a one in a million chance of getting one but it doesn't hurt to try. With that in mind I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out.

90GT- I've heard through a good source the MSRP on the GT500KR will be identical to the GT500. WOW. The only catch is you have to send a check for $65,000 ADM to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Delivery is approximately 4 months from the time of your order.

On a serious note, I would hope that MSRP is $5,000 higher than a GT500. That's fair for a tune, the correct suspension and a new hood. Then, the challenge will be to keep all of the dealers from blowing this thing out of proportion. With only 1,000 units, it would be a true benchmark to own.

Now, the only question is, how will the SAI announcement in one week change all of this???? Will this announcement effect all current GT500 owners? I guess only a few on the board know. And yes, I'm a jealous bastard right now not knowing.

HSURB

90GT- I've heard through a good source the MSRP on the GT500KR will be identical to the GT500. WOW. The only catch is you have to send a check for $65,000 ADM to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Delivery is approximately 4 months from the time of your order.

On a serious note, I would hope that MSRP is $5,000 higher than a GT500. That's fair for a tune, the correct suspension and a new hood. Then, the challenge will be to keep all of the dealers from blowing this thing out of proportion. With only 1,000 units, it would be a true benchmark to own.

Now, the only question is, how will the SAI announcement in one week change all of this???? Will this announcement effect all current GT500 owners? I guess only a few on the board know. And yes, I'm a jealous bastard right now not knowing.

HSURB

Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be as much as 60k but only time will tell. I'm also waiting to hear what this announcement is.

GT350 any one??!! :happy feet:

Archived