TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need 4 Gunmetal Gray Razors!

I just damaged all 4 of my wheels by hitting something in the road!!!! Does anyone know where I can get 4 new wheels either in the Gunmetal gray or the Silver finish? Shelby says they are no longer available, and I have not been able to find any on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The wheels are damaged too badly to be repaired, SPP says they have been sold out since last summer, and the wheels online for American Racing only fit the GT and the V-6, they will not fit the GT500.

I am going to try to contact American Racing via phone today to see if they have something that is not listed.

The right rear wheel is in about 8 pieces and the right front has a very large chunk out of it, so I don't imagine that those are repairable! The left side really doesn't look that bad, but since there was so much damage to the other side, I am afraid of internal hairline cracks...etc. Just wouldn't feel safe anymore.

I did have someone tell me that the V-8 Razor wheels which have a +30mm spacing would work if you use a +6mm spacer. The GT 500 rims are +24mm.

Has anyone tried this, or know if all of the other offsets are the same?

Yes, the wheel is literally in about 8 pieces! It is not an exageration. And yes, unfortunately it did do a lot more damage when it came apart! I would post a pic orf the wheel but I am not real sure how to do it.

If you want to post lots of big photos and not exceed the site limit and help keep the CPU usage down and conserve the site Bytes, then follow these few simple instructions to get going on Photo bucket so you can post as many photos as your heart desires.

1st. Go to this link and set up a account. It is quick and easy.

http://photobucket.com/

2nd.

Go to the area called "Albums and Upload".

3rd.

Click on the "browse" button and find the photo on your computer that you want to download and then click on that photo and then click "Upload".

4th.

The photo will then "Upload" and pop into the bottom of the page. Scroll down there and click a check mark in the box telling it that you have chosen it.

5th.

Then click the button at the bottom of the page that says " Generate HTML and IMG Code".

6th.

Then you will see the photo codes in 2 areas that you can use. one is "IMG Thumbnails for message boards" and the other one is "IMG images for message boards". Highlight one of the codes in those boxs and use your mouse to do the copy function. You can do one at a time or as many as you want.

7th.

Go to your Team Shelby post and paste the IMG code into the big white box that you would normally type a post into.

That's it. After you do it once or twice, you will have it down quick. Note that the Thumbnail selection is going to give you a smaller photo and the Image selection will give you a big photo in your post. If you need any help, let me know and I will give you a hand.

This will really help our site run quicker and faster if you are a photo poster lover like me.

I didnt create this, someone eles here on TS, just passing it on.

Try American Muscle for the newly released SHELBY Razors. They do say they DO NOT fit the GT500 but I purchased one 20X9 first for fitment reasons after putting pencil to paper concerning the backspacing/offset etc. They do clear the caliper but I ordered a hubcentric 3mm spacer for a little clearance. The 30mm +offset should actually work out well on our cars and I ordered 20X10 for the rear. Someone on our local Craigslist had a set of four with 255 tires but I thought they were overpriced considering they all needed repair. A wheel repair place I know siad they were difficult to repair because of the fake rivets when it comes time to powdercoat them (after repair). Anyway, feel free to contact me with any questions; the wheels look great, I bought the anthracite sp? versions. Thanks, Dave

I have a set of the American Racing razors in silver. Used with a couple of minor blemishes and they do not have Shelby stamped on the front but they are identical in every way. American racing produced some with and some without the Shelby letters stamped on them. These were the only silvers I could find anywhere and I searched and searched. I had chrome and thought they were too blingy so I wanted silver. I've since sold my 40th sadly, so I do not need them. I'd let them go cheap if anyone is interested.

I have a set of the American Racing razors in silver. Used with a couple of minor blemishes and they do not have Shelby stamped on the front but they are identical in every way. American racing produced some with and some without the Shelby letters stamped on them. These were the only silvers I could find anywhere and I searched and searched. I had chrome and thought they were too blingy so I wanted silver. I've since sold my 40th sadly, so I do not need them. I'd let them go cheap if anyone is interested.

Sounds perfect for 1BAD500

Thanks for the offer on the silver razors, but I think I may have located a new set....Keeping my fingers crossed!

If they don't pan out, I will definately be contacting you.

If I was to buy some without the Shelby lettering, does anyone know if it could be engraved by someone with a CNC machine?

Archived