TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all 2012 GT500 owners

texaggie

Ok, on another thread I have posted a question about trading in my '08 for a 2012. What I am looking for is your honest opinion about your 2012. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Also, if any of you have owned an '07 - '09 and now own a 2012, what do you think about your '12 vs your other gt500? Thanks in advance for your input.

Got our 12 only in Dec so haven't had a lot of time to compare to the 08 GT Premium. I do miss the power seats and the heated seats for the Dakota winter! The recarro seats are really nice but would rather have the other ones. Being 5'3 I have to put the seat closer so I can push the clutch all the way and then move the seat back to get out. But those are small things in the overall picture. We love the Shelby and particularly in our small community like the stares as we drive by! The Shelby is washed and put away for the winter and we are anxiously waiting the nicer weather so we can cruise.

My 2012 Shelby is a great car.....bought it August of 11 and it looks awesome and runs crazy fast. Never had a GT 500 before just a 2008 Mustang GT. I would rate the build quality and creature comforts higher than my 08 though. The clutch is much easier on the leg , I like the dash layout better as well. Hope this helps a bit.

Never owned a 07-09 GT500 but have read comments from several who made the same transition you are looking to make and they have nothing but great things to say about the (upgrade). Ive even seen tons of people go from the 10 to the 12. So far, ive only have my 12 for just over a week with only 350 miles on it and it is a blast to drive more so then my NSX. Just do it and never look back lol

I had a 2008 Shelby GT/SC and sold it a year or so ago. Bought the 2012 in December and really am enjoying it. The 2008 spend a lot of time in the garage, the 2012 is a daily driver. The car seems a bit squirrelly if the pavement is wet. I do not have the performance package. Only thing I miss is the heated seats. The SYNC is great as well as bluetooth for the phone. Absolutely no regrets.

This is my first GT500. I love it. Can't compare it to much other than other cars I have owned. Bells and whistles are ok. Voice activation on the sync is weak. My biggest gripe is that when you release the seat to put someone in the back the seat doesn't move forward automatically like on other cars. Oh yeah and no spare tire. That is just plain silly.

Other then that the car is incredible.

I have owned and still own some high end cars, I like my 2012 Gt500 it is a fun car. I had a 1967 GT500 in 1969 and have to say the 2012 is better in many ways. The complaints are few such as I find I can't power shift the 2012 like the 1967 but then again I am a lot older but think it is due to the shifter not me. As for the seats not going back into position when you move them to gain entry to the rear seat there is not much of a rear seat and I would feel bad putting any grown person in the rear. The car does not have a spare tire but you can put one in if you want. I have the sync and navigation which works very well, I think the stero is better than my 2011 E350. I know you will love the car and I hope you buy one...good luck

I own a 2007 and my wife owns a 2009. We love the look of the 07-09 body style far better and have never driven one of the newer models. I have no intrest in upgrading to a newer model and besides that, our cars have such low milage that they are still like brand new to us. I also love not having a car payment.

this my first 2012 GT500 but I can say that my 2010 Roush Stage 3 will run circles around it. I just put the Metco pulley on it so it is closer to the power my Roush Puts out. Either way I think if you keep your car or upgrade you will be happy.

Sold my '03 Saleen SC Speedster convertible to buy my '12 GT500. Black with strip delete, Recaros, SVTPP and Nav...the car is awesome! There is simple no comparsion to the SN95 car in terms of fit & finish, ride quality and performance. The car has an unbelievable amount of power, gets 24 mpg on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. I highly recommend the Recaros, although some of the early production units had some problems with the plastic bezels. Not sure why people are complaining about power seats and heated seats...this isn't a BMW...it's a muscle car. Not positive...but don't think there were too many GT500's in the late 60's that had power seats B)

I've had my 12 GT500 SVTPP since August. The only other Mustangs I can compare it to is an 08 GT and an 11 5.0 GT. The step up from the 4.6 to the 5.0 GT was vast, a whole different car. So I was already used to the newer body style when I bought the Shelby. I've seen other posts where people don't like the SVTPP suspension. I like it a lot and don't mind the rougher ride as it really isn't too bad at all. I expect that a car like this will have stiff suspension.

Coming from the 5.0 I welcomed the stiffer ride as I thought the 5.0 was very soft. The Shelby feels like a race car in comparision, and the power is awesome. Definitely a different driving experience than the GT, which I thought overall was excellent. I'll be keeping mine.

Colin

Archived