TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 wheels??

pony23

Saw this at Barrett-Jackson last night. The red 2013 behind the prototype had a nicer twin 5 star style wheel. Looked kind of like a grey Laguna Seca. Much better looking than that ugly new mesh design. Thinking the 5 star might be base and the mesh is for the PP.

ScreenShot2012-01-22at73309AM.png

For the price we're going to be paying for the 013 GT500 you would think they'd have at least 3 different options

for wheels...IMO all the wheels on the 10-11- 12 GT500 suck...Lets see an option that looks like the chrome wheels on the SS

or the KR.

Saw this at Barrett-Jackson last night.

The red 2013 behind the prototype had a nicer twin 5 star style wheel.

Looked kind of like a grey Laguna Seca.

Much better looking than that ugly new mesh design.

Thinking the 5 star might be base and the mesh is for the PP.

Gotta remember, that Red car you show is the "One-of-one" BJ give-away car for the Fantasy Bid winner.

Those wheels may or may not be what comes on the production model.

It's basically a Super Snake without the CSM# (750HP Whipple, FR3 handling pack, SS Hood & CF pieces, SS A-pillar gauge pod, etc. etc. etc.).

So now I'm wondering if those are the wheels that Shelby will replace the Alcoa Dura-Brights with, that the 2013 Super Snake will apparently no longer have (a preview of the 2013 Super Snake wheels, perhaps????)

Only time will tell (cuz I know Robert L. or Roger S. won't!)

Phill

Gotta remember, that Red car you show is the "One-of-one" BJ give-away car for the Fantasy Bid winner.

Those wheels may or may not be what comes on the production model.

It's basically a Super Snake without the CSM# (750HP Whipple, FR3 handling pack, SS Hood & CF pieces, SS A-pillar gauge pod, etc. etc. etc.).

So now I'm wondering if those are the wheels that Shelby will replace the Alcoa Dura-Brights with, that the 2013 Super Snake will apparently no longer have (a preview of the 2013 Super Snake wheels, perhaps????)

Only time will tell (cuz I know Robert L. or Roger S. won't!)

Phill

Thats not the Fantasy Bid car. The fantasy bid car has the mesh wheels, a Super Snake hood, and black side skirts. The one I pictured is another 2013 that was on location.

http://www.speedfantasybid.com/sweepstakes.shtml

Thats not the Fantasy Bid car. The fantasy bid car has the mesh wheels, a Super Snake hood, and black side skirts. The one I pictured is another 2013 that was on location.

http://www.speedfant...eepstakes.shtml

OH! My bad. I watched the auction last night and just ASSUMED the red car behind the concept car was the Fantasy Bid car!

Didn't pay much attention to it and now realize, I should'a.

I'm still wondering why some FOOL would pay $300K for a workhorse car. That car's wore out before it's even sold.

Yeah, I know...Ron Pratte. Big deal. The ONLY reason I can see him paying that kind'a money for that car is for the first rights to car #1 in 2013. That pretty much assures he'll get it (that, and having more money than brains plays a part).

Phill

Yeah, I know...Ron Pratte. Big deal. The ONLY reason I can see him paying that kind'a money for that car is for the first rights to car #1 in 2013. That pretty much assures he'll get it (that, and having more money than brains plays a part).

Phill

"If I wreck it, I can just get another one. No big deal." Those are the words going through those guy's heads. Just because of the money.

BTW is it just me, or are the two guys who bought the Fairlane 500 for the troops and the old geezer who bought the pierce arrow the only guys barrett jackson focused on and bought the majority of the cars? The tricks that money does.

Phil,

Nothing to tell my friend. Still in planning stage. Don't look for a Super Snake until late 4th qtr.

Roger

Late Q4 of '12 or '13???

I ASS-U-ME you mean late Q4 of 2012.

Either way is okay by me, My secondary annuity pays me a annual $15K lump sum dividend at the end of Q2 (~15 June) so the longer you wait, the more my account has in it!

Phill (65K and counting)

Archived