TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is the Strut Brace really necessary

drlovegun

No ... in my opinion. Its useful for in a track car but a everyday driver .. I would say not.

I removed mine to show off my CAI .... I dont use it

The STB is good on full road race cars to help keep the towers from folding in from all the hard cornering.

The bar on the GT500 is funny. Take it off and try and bend it over your knee. It's very weak and I would bet worthless on a road race car.

Jay

I hadnt thought of what Jay said .. but if u were road racing you would prob want a thicker bar. The strust tower bars on both the front and rear towers of my SHO are very very beefy and are adjustable.

Some like the look .. its factory .. so keep it .. but like i said .. i took mine off .. keeps things less busy

So it really doesn't help the structural integrity of the car then?

Maybe not the stock one, but a proper brace does provide lateral strength to the front of the car. That's especally true if you have a convertible.

I know with the torq twisting mostly in the rear most would think whats it matter on or off , but I,m kepping mine on would'nt want to find out a few years down the road that my car twisted even a little cause I took it off. Especially if anyone adds more power w/add on's. :idea: Ever look at close up's of drag cars when the front wheels are pulled off the pavement at takeoff usually one wheel is pulled higher because of the torq. twisting the car. I know that is exaggerated because most of us arent pushing 700-1000+hp but I would think it still helps. Someone who drag's car's as a pro might have some insight on this, maybe it's not just for track application's like some think. :unsure:

Archived