TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 & 2007 GT-H Build, ask questions

I have a question Bestia27. Why, in your opinion, is Canada allowing the 2007 GT-H in but the 2006 coupe is inadmissible. All (dare say) Roush cars can get in. Here is a list of vehicles. You will need to scroll down to Ford. http://www.tc.gc.ca/...afety/vafus.pdf

I have no idea. Maybe the Canadiens are saying: "we have enough hard tops already, convertibles at least remind us what the sunshine looks like...". But that's just my theory...

Again, Hertz owned these cars so you might ask them what's the reason for the discrimination...

AJ

I hear that the GT-H hood was signed on the under side by some of the employees during the build prior to the blanket being installed. Can you confirm or deny? I have not removed mine to check

Yeah, the build team had the habit of signing cars in hidden places. Trunk, undercarriage, hood etc... It wasn't allowed but I and then later Bill Crawford, who ran the line for me starting with the SGT, we closed an eye. It adds to the character of the car IMHO....

AJ

AJ, you indicated the TC control was a last minute "problem". Who brought the problem to SAI ?? It is my understanding that Hertz wanted to disable the TC control AND that Ford had to sign off on the modification. Ford and Hertz were one in the same in 2006, as Hertz was a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford at that time. Your thoughts please, regards, Larry

I've have heard the reasoning is because the 2007 Shelby GT was a Ford/Shelby partnership and met more criteria.

Larry, I think Erik was asking about the two versions of the GT-H, not the SGT. Both versions of the GT-H were post title cars owned by Hertz.

AJ, you indicated the TC control was a last minute "problem". Who brought the problem to SAI ?? It is my understanding that Hertz wanted to disable the TC control AND that Ford had to sign off on the modification. Ford and Hertz were one in the same in 2006, as Hertz was a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford at that time. Your thoughts please, regards, Larry

Larry, for the 2 GT-H programs Hertz was our customer, not Ford. Hertz requested us to disable the TC in any way we could. We came up with the solution of the clip and then Ford's technical group validated it.

I'm not familiar with the corporate set-up of Ford and Hertz in 2006, but from our viewpoint they were always 2 different entities. We had a contract with Hertz, not Ford on that program. Hertz had the contract with Ford. How they handled that, your guess is as good as mine.

Hope this helps,

AJ

AJ, great response. A Ford rep had a permanent office at the Hertz corporate headquarters in Park Ridge, NJ. The TS dis-abling, Ford warranty questions on the SAI mods, parts supply etc, all would have been reviewed by the Ford rep and probably a lot of "seat of the pants" decisions were made on these issues. Thanks for a great topic and getting the SAI point-of-view out there. This is why Team Shelby is a valuable forum for Shelby owners, especially GT-H owners. regards, Larry Miller SAI Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz GT-H

AJ, I have read in some documentaion that the GT-H had painted calipers. I have seen most in the unpainted format to include my car. Can you add information regarding painted calipers?

Also, Amy mentioned to me prior to my Paxton install that she recalled a GT-H with the Paxton being installed which she got to drive. Would you happen to know if this was a exec car or a car that Shelby kept?

AJ, I have read in some documentaion that the GT-H had painted calipers. I have seen most in the unpainted format to include my car. Can you add information regarding painted calipers?

Also, Amy mentioned to me prior to my Paxton install that she recalled a GT-H with the Paxton being installed which she got to drive. Would you happen to know if this was a exec car or a car that Shelby kept?

Hello Harald, my car did have black painted calipers that were installed by Shelby .... most of the paint had worn off by the time I had done the Brembo upgrade.

Edited by Larry T

Hello Harald, my car did have black painted calipers that were installed by Shelby .... most of the paint had worn off by the time I had done the Brembo upgrade.

Yep mine were painted also. I believe this was only a 2006 thing but AJ can confirm. The paint was pretty week however and peeled/chipped pretty easily. I re-painted mine with good Duplicolor brush on black caliper paint before I converted to the Brembo's.

Yep mine were painted also. I believe this was only a 2006 thing but AJ can confirm. The paint was pretty week however and peeled/chipped pretty easily. I re-painted mine with good Duplicolor brush on black caliper paint before I converted to the Brembo's.

Painting the calipers was a Hertz request the last minute. To paint the calipers properly, we would have to take them off the cars. That was not possible at the time, since the lifts were not planned to exchange any fluids on the car, especially brake fluid. I think that most owners of the GT-H would repaint their calipers properly with a long lasting paint anyways. That's at least what I would do...

AJ

AJ

There were a few cars we modified. I believe the one she refers to was a customer car. Or it may have been one of the Hertz exec's car. Sorry, my memory is weak on the history of the specific vehicles.

AJ

Harald, I can tell mine were painted, although about 99% has gone away..

Sorry to change the subject for one last question about the Traction Control. So the clip was installed by SAI to dissable the TC, Then was this cliped removed once the cars went to public sale, or is the clip still there? I assume it was removed, so why would you want to put one back, other than originality purposes.

Sorry to change the subject for one last question about the Traction Control. So the clip was installed by SAI to dissable the TC, Then was this cliped removed once the cars went to public sale, or is the clip still there? I assume it was removed, so why would you want to put one back, other than originality purposes.

Some cars that are purchased still have them, others do not. For me, just to have for originality purposes. It is not on the switch, just put away.

Some cars that are purchased still have them, others do not. For me, just to have for originality purposes. It is not on the switch, just put away.

Correct. Also, Hertz did not remove the clips before sale. So if it's gone, it was removed by somebody who rented it or somebody after purchase. Mine was there for about 30 seconds when I purchased it. :hysterical: It has since resided in my glovebox for safe keeping.

I am looking to replace it and to have it in my car show book.

You learn something new every day! Honestly I had no idea how important this little piece of wire is to you guys and girls... I should have started a business around it....

AJ