TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Photos Scottsdale Jan 2012

twobjshelbys

Thursday I just wandered around. Only had a couple of hours and checked out the lay of the land. The plan is to tour the outside tents on Friday and the inside stuff on Saturday.

I went to the Shelby "booth" (outside) and saw most of the regulars.

The new Foundation raffle is for a 50th Anniversary Cobra. Tickets went on sale yesterday (both at the auction and on line).

Highlights of Thursday's.

A Ford GT at one of the booths (Maguires?)

DSC_2015.jpg

Cobra that i think is a raffle for a local Phoenix valley charity.

DSC_2017.jpg

Matte black painted Bentley. Edit: We looked at it today and it was a pretty terrible paint job. They maked around some of the trim. It was a bad implementation of a good idea. More on the concept in tomorrow's set (from Friday's pictures).

DSC_2018.jpg

DSC_2019.jpg

Two Bugatti Veyrons. The hardtop is the one that Craig Jackson picked up after the guy that had the high bid bolte.

DSC_2020.jpg

DSC_2021.jpg

The new "Win a Cobra" car (not associated with the Shelby Foundation car that is later).

DSC_2023.jpg

DSC_2024.jpg

Thursday Part 2

The new Mustang Corral at the Shelby area (6 pictures)

DSC_2025.jpg

DSC_2026.jpg

DSC_2027.jpg

DSC_2028.jpg

DSC_2030.jpg

DSC_2031.jpg

This 50th Anniversary Cobra (CSX8000 series) is the Shelby concept/prototype but is being used as the "model" for the one that will be in the Shelby Foundation raffle. I bought my tickets!!!

DSC_2032.jpg

DSC_2033.jpg

Thursday Part 3

The 50th Cobra side badge.

DSC_2036.jpg

Military themed Camaro. I thought it was cool.

DSC_2037.jpg

A "Yellow Submarine". Note it is "NOT SEAWORTHY". It sold for 58300. They do get some funny things there. A couple of years ago it was bunches of covered wagons and other western stuff, then before that it was tractors.

DSC_2041.jpg

DSC_2042.jpg

Airplane. They taxi them from the airport. They literally close the freeway on Tuesday at 1:00AM and drive them over. This 4 passenger carbon fiber plane weighs 2600 lbs wet (without passengers and luggage).

DSC_2043.jpg

My wife told me I couldn't by anything at the auction but I took that to mean in bidding. I told her I was going to buy this for her. She didn't think I was funny.

DSC_2044.jpg

But maybe she'd go for this. The guy said you could buy it for aobut $280K. He spend 390K to build it but is willing to negotiatie. Built on a Ford F650 setup.

DSC_2045.jpg

Another Cobra this time at the DenBeste booth.

DSC_2046.jpg

Thursday Part 4

I was leaving and saw this "painting". The artist, Scott, came to our GT dinner with this. I might pick one up but have to decide if I have a place to put it.

DSC_2047.jpg

DSC_2048.jpg

Lamborghini Aventadore The flat white paint is totally awesome but you have to see it in person.

DSC_2051.jpg

Thanks for sharing, looks like about $1.5 million worth of Ford GT's in that parking lot. Nice!

Probably so for the ones that are present. But that's the tip of the iceberg. Several of them are highly customized. Many owners with cars were present without their cars (like me). And then a fair number of the owners that were there actually own more than one - one has 4. My guess is that somewhere around 30 cars were represented.

love the heritage edition. oh my. :worship:

Me too !!!!

I really like some of those night shots of the Ford GT's....very nice!

Lookin' forward to meeting (and shooting :camera: ) with you at the Bash.

Z-man

Regretfully, I will not be able to make it. Decided I can't trust the weather.

Here's Friday's pictures. Quite a few and 8 at a time. The forum allows 10 but the Photobucket gives 16 per page so it's easier to do them 1/2 a PB page. Comments on some but not all.

This is a "statue" that was done for the Shelby Foundation. Details on availability and price should be coming to the forum some time soon. It will be a limited run and they are gorgeous. It is all brass on a granite base.

DSC_2109.jpg

This is the 50th Cobra

DSC_2111.jpg

DSC_2112.jpg

Monkees recreation

DSC_2117.jpg

A couple of BOSS 302s. Looks like old BOSSes are going to come out of the woodwork.

DSC_2120.jpg

DSC_2121.jpg

DSC_2124.jpg

Friday Part 2

DSC_2125.jpg

DSC_2126.jpg

DSC_2127.jpg

DSC_2129.jpg

DSC_2132.jpg

Sometimes you'll see a photo of the the lot number paper or a sticker on the windshield. This is so you can go find out how much the car sold for from the Barrett-Jackson site. This car sold 143000 (130K+10%)

DSC_2133.jpg

Buick GNXs were pretty quick and "sleeprs" in their day.

DSC_2136.jpg

DSC_2137.jpg

Friday Part 3 (It looks like we can post more than 10 in a set!!! Yipeee!!! One good thing of the new forum.)

This is the 34 mile GTH

DSC_2139.jpg

DSC_2140.jpg

DSC_2141.jpg

DSC_2144.jpg

DSC_2145.jpg

Ferrari 360 Spyder (convertible). I almost bought one of these instead of the Cobra. They were part of the Hendricks "rent a racer" set (Ford GT, Ferrari, Corvette Z06 and Aston Martin DB9). This one sold for 143K(130K+10%), which is a hefty depreciation but consistent with the market.

DSC_2146.jpg

DSC_2147.jpg

DSC_2149.jpg

This Cobra was terrible. No indication of which kit.

DSC_2151.jpg

DSC_2153.jpg

DSC_2154.jpg

This is the staging of the 3 Shelbys (SS and 40th) plus the 3000+ mile GTH.

DSC_2155.jpg

DSC_2156.jpg

DSC_2157.jpg

DSC_2158.jpg

Great air conditioning. For real. This is from Sears. Just a fan

DSC_2159.jpg

Friday Part 4

Oops, not Sears but Allstate.

DSC_2160.jpg

Quite a few of these little Euro "motorocycle on 3 or 4 wheels" cars.

DSC_2161.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

DSC_2163.jpg

Food.

DSC_2166.jpg

Up at the Ford "ride and drive" Miller Motorsports had their cars and the Shelby team were running a GT350 around the track. The MM cars had roll cages so people had to wear helmets. The GT350 was set up for regular belts.

DSC_2167.jpg

You can buy your crypt. I thought it was kind of macabre. It's there every year.

DSC_2169.jpg

DSC_2180.jpg

Superbird #1. They have come down in importance since it was sitting in the outside tent but there were so many showcase cars inside that some had to go outside. This one sold for 112.2K.

DSC_2181.jpg

DSC_2182.jpg

DSC_2184.jpg

DSC_2185.jpg

I have no idea what this goofy thing is but it must have some historical significance. The details are here:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1552.2&aid=443&pop=0

DSC_2186.jpg

DSC_2187.jpg

DSC_2188.jpg

DSC_2190.jpg

Friday Part 5

Another Series 1

DSC_2192.jpg

The light really killed the effect of this. Someone ought to start a collection of just the Firebird hoods. Every year was different.

DSC_2193.jpg

DSC_2197.jpg

This is the original Euro "motorcycle car" - the BMW Isetta. There were several at the auction, as well as a slew of similar style commuters. Don't take this on the Autobahn.

DSC_2200.jpg

Supertruck I guess. I wouldn't want to go anywhere but in a straight line at more than 2MPH. It looks like it would flip in a 10MPH cross wind.

DSC_2201.jpg

DSC_2204.jpg

DSC_2205.jpg

A scale model of a a Daytona Coupe, This was sold in the memorabelia portion. Believe it or not it sold for $42,250.

DSC_2208.jpg

DSC_2210.jpg

Cobra Fridge :)

DSC_2212.jpg

DSC_2213.jpg

DSC_2221.jpg

On the way out of the display area. This is a matte black (from the factory) Lotus Evora. It sure looks like a fun little car.

DSC_2223.jpg

Hey Tony, thanks for taking the time and posting all those great pics! :camera:

Looks like you had a great stay out there. This is something the wife and I will do in the not so far future. Your timing was great as there were many Shelby's being showcased. I really like the mix Barrett Jackson has on their auctions & not to mention their auctions for charities. :salute:

Cheers,

Ray

Hey Tony, thanks for taking the time and posting all those great pics! :camera:

Looks like you had a great stay out there. This is something the wife and I will do in the not so far future. Your timing was great as there were many Shelby's being showcased. I really like the mix Barrett Jackson has on their auctions & not to mention their auctions for charities. :salute:

Cheers,

Ray

I like the Vegas auction too. It's a (long) day's drive there and back

On the contrary regarding charity cars. Charity cars are pumped up pretty well. They get more block time and usually Steve Davis breaks in to the middle to talk and give it more time to build up.

Archived