TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Handling Pack (Anti-Roll Kits/Sway Bars): New at SPP

robertlane

Shelby American Handling Pack (Anti-Roll Kits/Sway Bars)

Shelby American's Handling Pack was designed to add stiffness to your suspension to prevent excessive body roll often associated with factory original equipment. Our handling pack will allow your Shelby or Mustang to handle in a more precise and predictable manner.

Our handling kit includes heavy duty polyurethane bushings along with heavy duty hardware. Both bars are powder coated in Shelby Racing Blue and marked "Shelby" to insure that you're getting genuine Shelby equipment. The front bar offers three different settings: Soft, street or firm.

Click here to learn more.

S7MK-5490-C-3.jpg

S7MK-5490-C-2.jpg

These directed to the 2010 and later models? I speculate they are pachage used in the sweet 50 year edition GTS at NAIAS I have been drooling on in Detroit.

so this is what replace the FRPP sway bar kit?

Yes.

The Shelby/Eibach sway bars are no longer available?

SPP will no longer offer Eibach sway bar kits. The Shelby Track Pack, which will complement the handling pack is in production now.

These directed to the 2010 and later models? I speculate they are pachage used in the sweet 50 year edition GTS at NAIAS I have been drooling on in Detroit.

Actually, 2005-2012 models.

Can you say what the diameter of the rear bar is?

From the link provided in the original post by Robert Lane;

Front: 1-3/8" or 35mm

Rear: 15/16" or 24mm

Phill

I apologize for my failure to see the link, or for my sloth in not following it. I forget which.

Any road, those are substantial bars. What I have on my Coupe GT/CS is a similar front (adjustable bar) and a 26mm rear bar. With the front bar on full stiff (short arm) there is a very slight power oversteer on corner exit.

How does this compare to the sway bar included with the 2011+ SVT performance package?

Any comments from Shelby about this question? I own a 2012 with SVTPP so I would like to know the difference to see that if it's worth to spend the money.....Thanks

Any comments from Shelby about this question?

I own a 2012 with SVTPP so I would like to know the difference to see that if it's worth to spend the money.....Thanks

The new Shelby swaybars shown appear to be IDENTICAL to my Ford Racing swaybars that were part of my FR3 handling package so I *suspect* they are Ford Racing swaybars rebadged with Shelby part numbers & logo on them.

The FR3 swaybars are considerably better than the SVT Performance Package anti-roll (aka "Sway") bars.

First and foremost, they have 3-position adjustability to compensate for over/under steer (i.e. they are 'tuneable'). The SVT PP bars do not have adjustment holes.

Second, they are larger diameter bars which equates to a stiffer spring for more roll control, hence better cornering ability.

For What It's Worth (FWIW) my FRPP FR3 instruction sheet says their swaybars are made by Eibach so if they ARE the same bars as the FR3 package, Shelby does indeed sell Eibach swaybars...Just not under the Eibach name/logo.

Again, I only SUSPECT they are FR3 bars. Robert can shed more light on the subject, or not.

I suspect they are one and the same because *everything* appears to be identical between the two sets. The bars, the mounts, the links, the bushings, the COLORS, etc.

Frankly, I'd be VERY surprised if they weren't the FRPP items.

Oh, and they a lot cheaper through Shelby then what FRPP's list price (MSRP) is shown as.

Shelby: $399.99

Ford Racing: $460.00

HTH,

Phill Pollard

The new Shelby swaybars shown appear to be IDENTICAL to my Ford Racing swaybars that were part of my FR3 handling package so I *suspect* they are Ford Racing swaybars rebadged with Shelby part numbers & logo on them.

The FR3 swaybars are considerably better than the SVT Performance Package anti-roll (aka "Sway") bars.

First and foremost, they have 3-position adjustability to compensate for over/under steer (i.e. they are 'tuneable'). The SVT PP bars do not have adjustment holes.

Second, they are larger diameter bars which equates to a stiffer spring for more roll control, hence better cornering ability.

For What It's Worth (FWIW) my FRPP FR3 instruction sheet says their swaybars are made by Eibach so if they ARE the same bars as the FR3 package, Shelby does indeed sell Eibach swaybars...Just not under the Eibach name/logo.

Again, I only SUSPECT they are FR3 bars. Robert can shed more light on the subject, or not.

I suspect they are one and the same because *everything* appears to be identical between the two sets. The bars, the mounts, the links, the bushings, the COLORS, etc.

Oh, and they a lot cheaper through Shelby then what FRPP's list price (MSRP) is shown as.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Phil...you are talking about this? very good point from you. Let's ee what Robert says......

post-33685-0-21526200-1327436140_thumb.png

post-33685-0-21526200-1327436140_thumb.png

Phil...you are talking about this? very good point from you. Let's ee what Robert says......

Yes, that is the kit I refer to. The TRUE COLOR of the bars isn't reflected in the photo but my bars are EXACTLY the same color as the photo Robert posted in the OP.

And note that even though the complete FR3 kit has a different part number from year to year (one fo '07-'09, another for '10 and another for '11-'12) the SWAYBAR KIT is the same identical P/N for all years (same with the Shelby kit).

And again, cheaper through Shelby. And that's without using the TS sale discount (when it applies).

The only thing I haven't checked to verify if it's the same kit or not is the actual bar diameter from kit to kit. I *thought* it was advertised on the FRPP site but I don't see it. I THINK it's in my FR3 instruction sheet and if not, it's easy enough to reach under the car with a dial caliper and take a measurement.

I'm not bashing Shelby in the LEAST for selling a FRPP kit under their name (if that is the case). Not as long as it is LESS expensive from Sheby. Put your name on it and RAISE the price? Now I have a "problem".

That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm just sayin'....

Phill

as fro adjustability, only the front bar is not the rear.

Ah, that's very true. My bad for not catching that.

But then again, I don't tune the rear suspension to take out a push!

Ya ever notice how the NASCAR boys adjust the rear of the car (Wedge) but the INDY boys adjust the front (Wing)???

It's called, "Ease Of Access".

Phill

Phil is correct about these bars being from sourced from Eibach. The color of the Shelby bars is "Shelby Blue," which is different from the Ford units.

Another point Phil made was about the pricing - the Shelby pricing is about $60.00 as the price points lined up.

Like Ford and others, we will of course use similar manufactures. Going forward though, we'll conitnue to change items to our specs., etc. In some instances, we're developing items in house and making them ourselves because we were able to improve on what's already out there. Our upcoming cold air kits is one such example.

And our upcoming track pack was extensively tested on our GT350 and GT500 SS before we issued an order to produce them.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

From Tousley Ford they are $379.50 so if we can get a discount from Shelby , let's say 10% then it would be $360.00....so Shelby would be a better deal!

Phil is correct about these bars being from sourced from Eibach. The color of the Shelby bars is "Shelby Blue," which is different from the Ford units.

Another point Phil made was about the pricing - the Shelby pricing is about $60.00 as the price points lined up.

Like Ford and others, we will of course use similar manufactures. Going forward though, we'll conitnue to change items to our specs., etc. In some instances, we're developing items in house and making them ourselves because we were able to improve on what's already out there. Our upcoming cold air kits is one such example.

And our upcoming track pack was extensively tested on our GT350 and GT500 SS before we issued an order to produce them.

Did I hear " cold air kit " ???

As in different stages with tune and cooler plugs?

You guys are busy over there.

they are the same. as fro adjustability, only the front bar is not the rear. the only adjustable rear sway bar i know of is from STEEDA.

Strano (designed and) sells one:

http://www.stranopar...ID=80&ModelID=5

I don't know if it is same or similar with regard to the Steeda item.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously thought about this during the recent sale. Decided to put the money into rear control arms and relocation brackets as I think the SGT has very good set of Stabilized bars already. Being able to adjust between 'Street' and 'Do Not use on Wet Roads' was not high priority as I am good with the street conditions I have.

Investigation of arm installs indicates I should have bought the body bracket as well for the UCA. Clearly would UCA change out easier. Having to loosen the bracket to get freedom to move the bracket versus changing both at the same time would be time saver.

Still interested to here about any of the SGT owners buying this and it performance.

DrKSGT

• 1 month later...

Archived