TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MEtco 2.60: pulley??

AH64DFlyboy

So I got the 2.60 pulley from lethal performance. I was told I didnt need a new tune for this pulley as the PCM would recalibrate for the added airflow. I was looking on another site stage 3 performance and saw this write up on the same pulley I got. Upgrading your Shelby GT 500's supercharger pulley will require a re-calibration of the stock computer settings. Order your custom tune from Stage 3 Motorsports and get FREE custom tunes for life! I am trying to figure out do I need it or do I not need it. I spoke with the tune guy for Lethal and he said no. I just want to make sure. Anyone that can help please do so. :sos:

I was looking into this a while back. According to Justin at VMP, the 2010 and up can pulley without tune. The older models do need a tune.

Here's the thread I started with Justin's response on the subject.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/69268-vmp-pulley-without-tuning-on-a-2012

Can only speak about a 2007, yes tune needed with a stage 3 kit to get the max performance from the kit.

The stock air box is totally differnt from the cai that comes on the 10+'s. Not sure about a tune or computer is smart enough or already calibrated for the increased airflow.

What you dont want to do is run an aftermarket cai on 07-09 without a tune.

• 5 months later...

Got mine today. Metco 2.8 with idler and no tune needed.

I got my VMP 2.6 pulley on my 2012 and the car is driving all right but after a spirited 9-10min mountain road, the engine always stalls when I reach at the top of the climb and leave the gas off...(!)

Did not do it when no pulley was installed (never!).

I am waiting for a tune anyway, because everyone agrees there is much to gain, but I would imagine it's even more than about gains. The car NEEDS it.

Untill then I decided to leave the car alone or go cruise with it and never go WOT...

Archived