TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the word !

Thanks for posting the phone # for Ford Vehicle Tracking ...I called it yesterday and they said my car was built and on a caravan heading for my dealership on 4/17....I had called my dealership just before that for an update & they said they didn't have a build date yet.....hopefully they were just withholding that info to confirm the delivery date because of all the variables...or they didn't bother checking...I'm going to wait a week & call the hotline again to make sure it's on track for that date...... Chris

Chris -

Congratulations! Good news for you. Don't get cocky yet.

There are many legitimate reasons why the dealer does not have the latest info you do. Most of them are directly related to the fact that this is just another unit - already sold - for him. Many - but definitely not all - dealers are just not as enthusiastic about your car as you are. As my saleman - a good guy - said to me 'It's just metal' to most of the personnel. You are doing the right thing by coming here and getting information to help yourself. I always make sure I know more than the dealer just in case. That is usually not hard to do. It doesn't mean they are scum, though. Just that they have other things on their collective minds.

Chris -

Congratulations! Good news for you. Don't get cocky yet.

There are many legitimate reasons why the dealer does not have the latest info you do. Most of them are directly related to the fact that this is just another unit - already sold - for him. Many - but definitely not all - dealers are just not as enthusiastic about your car as you are. As my saleman - a good guy - said to me 'It's just metal' to most of the personnel. You are doing the right thing by coming here and getting information to help yourself. I always make sure I know more than the dealer just in case. That is usually not hard to do. It doesn't mean they are scum, though. Just that they have other things on their collective minds.

Thanks,,,wasn't getting cocky, I've been good about being patient and was just curious as to why they would hold back any info if they had it ....I've bought 5 cars from this same dealership since 1990 and was always treated well....

Archived