TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to end

idareu

when they eco-boost the mustang it will return to cobra instead of shelby. at the press release of the 2013 mustangs carrol said himself, "[i always tell people my favorite car is the next one. Now this car, right here, is my favorite]" If that isn't an indicator that he's finsihed...i don't know what is

when they eco-boost the mustang it will return to cobra instead of shelby. at the press release of the 2013 mustangs carrol said himself, "[i always tell people my favorite car is the next one. Now this car, right here, is my favorite]" If that isn't an indicator that he's finsihed...i don't know what is

He did say that didn't he...................Hmmmm you may be onto something.

If that isn't an indicator that he's finsihed...i don't know what is

Um, yeah, until "THE NEXT ONE" comes along.

Sheesh, nothing like reading into something that isn't there.

But from some (reliable) reports I've heard, "Ole' Shell" may not be around too much longer so you could be right.

Phill

Um, yeah, until "THE NEXT ONE" comes along.

Sheesh, nothing like reading into something that isn't there.

But from some (reliable) reports I've heard, "Ole' Shell" may not be around too much longer so you could be right.

Phill

Sadly, I've heard the same, reliable reports.

08 was the best time to end the modern Shelby GT500 run.........Now that the "Cats outa the Bag" then no end in sight??????

Of course the 2013 650HP GT500 will make Hstory as the most production HP??????

Looks like all mustangs will look like Shelby's by then??????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am sad to read that Carroll may not be doing well. I am grateful that he brought back the Shelby for the modern age of muscle.

Me too. When I finally was in a position to buy a modern day muscle car, a Cobra wouldn't do it. Had to be a Shelby.

He did? I am grateful for SVT!

I think he meant that the "Shelby" name was again brought back this time to the modern age of the muscle car.

Unless something extraordinary happens 2015 will usher in a new era for the Ford Mustang leaving the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 as the last Ford factory Shelby Mustang in this modern era and probably ever for that matter. Appropriately It will go out as the greatest, most capable, highest powered, fastest top speed Ford/Shelby Mustang ever produced.

Archived