TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Super Snake 660 horse VS 2013 GT500 650 horse

Crushinator

Let's just hypothetically say both cars are the same price. Let's say $65,000. The 2010 SS has less than 1,000 miles.

Which car would you buy and why? Anyone want to speculate which car will perform better? My thinking is the

2013 will run a quicker quarter mile and probably go around a race track quicker....but does that even matter

when we're talking about an SS?

I'd love to hear from Super Snake owners and get your thoughts. Would you consider selling or trading your

Super Snake for a '13?

Pro's - Exclusivity - SS wins

Looks - SS wins

Overall performance - '13 wins

Warranty - '13 wins

Let's just hypothetically say both cars are the same price. Let's say $65,000. The 2010 SS has less than 1,000 miles.

Which car would you buy and why? Anyone want to speculate which car will perform better? My thinking is the

2013 will run a quicker quarter mile and probably go around a race track quicker....but does that even matter

when we're talking about an SS?

I'd love to hear from Super Snake owners and get your thoughts. Would you consider selling or trading your

Super Snake for a '13?

Pro's - Exclusivity - SS wins

Looks - SS wins

Overall performance - '13 wins

Warranty - '13 wins

Pretty good rumor going around about the 2013 Super Snake being available with 1000 hp. I like the lighter weight of the 2013 (Aluminum Block) over the 2010 which is like gaining hp also plus the better handling. For me, newer would be better.

Crusher you thinking about that SS in Pottsville?

Yep, I saw it on autotrader and it got me thinking. Looks like a really nice car and I'm only about 45 minutes away so I may go down and check it out...just to look.

They're asking $69,995 but I may be able to do some haggling.

Crusher...I saw that same car and thought the same thoughts you are having. I still look at it from time to time.

It is a very nice looking SS. I then wonder if it would make more sense to snake my current 2011 GT500 vs trading.

Shelby bolts parts on.

Ford engineers cars.

The end.

Thanks to those Shelby bolt-ons, we have cars like the original Cobra and Tiger. Shelby bolted on hotrod engineering. Ford engineered cars for the masses. Both were very good at what they did and still do. Put the two together, and you have a well-engineered hotrod. :)

Go back and read road test reviews of the 2010 SS.. the general gist of them was that the car was a dyno queen that didn't live up to its potential at all in terms of its performance on the road. Since we have no road tests to compare the 2013 yet it's impossible at this point to say which car is the better performer but all signs point to the 2013 Shelby being a FAR better performing car in every category. If looks and exclusivity matter most, the SS wins in that category. Its an awesome looking ride...

Was going to stay out of this but, you all realize that the first Shelbys were pretty much the same. Cobra=AC with Ford motor, GT350, Mustang and some really nice aftermarket parts. I think Shel has done quite well. And who hear wouldnt have a super snake or a new GT350. Yes, they dont have the engineers on staff like Ford or, the CAD systems excetra. But, the products comming out of Shelby have faired well in the press and, more importantly, with thier owners

Thanks to those Shelby bolt-ons, we have cars like the original Cobra and Tiger. Shelby bolted on hotrod engineering. Ford engineered cars for the masses. Both were very good at what they did and still do. Put the two together, and you have a well-engineered hotrod. :)

Hey Lugs Off topic here but hell those wheels look awesome on your Stang... :worship:

Well there must be something limiting about the Mustang chasis that is making it impossiblle for both Ford and SAI from widening the rims to go along with the ever increasing power. If the Super Snake ups the power to 1000 like the rumors and they give it wide steam roller size tires then it will be faster than 2013 GT500 in a straight line at least.

If the Super Snake ups the power to 1000 like the rumors....

Everything I've heard, seen or read says the 1000HP Super Snake is a "OFF-ROAD ONLY" vehicle and will be limited to TWENTY units, with Carroll Shelby getting Number 1 of 20.

Phill

Archived