TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Recaro Seats Available Now

MichaelGoodwin

I Found out today that the FRPP dealer cost is $2100, so now you know what kind of margins they are working on.

My FRPP pimp told me he would hook me up with a set for $150 over cost.

Then I have the expiense of modify the bottom cushions to accept 5-point harnesses

SO I maybe selling off my Recaro soon

----------------

Now maybe I'll start looking for a power rack for the pass. side. Is there a passenger power seat option in any 2010-2013 Mustang (V-6, GT, etc)? Because *generally*, they use the same harness on ALL cars of the same year/body style but just leave the extra plugs hanging there. I say, *generally*... Hmmmmm, Phill
Yes, GT's/V6's with the Comfort Package have a power passenger seat. Cost me an extra $1400 to get the power pass. seat and heated seats....both things my wife wanted. I'm not a fan of the swamp ass that the heated seats cause so I never use them. But my wife can barely see over the dash in the standard pass. seat. It was a little funny to see her riding shotgun in the GT500....she looked like a little kid. So, yes. You can get a power pass. seat rack.

Those seats look awesome! Those are going on my wishlist for sure.

I Found out today that the FRPP dealer cost is $2100, so now you know what kind of margins they are working on.

My FRPP pimp told me he would hook me up with a set for $150 over cost.

That explains Tousley's price. They sell all Ford Racing parts for 10% over cost, or $200 over cost, whichever is less. 10% is $210.oo so they're selling them for $2300, which is $200 over cost.

They also give you free shipping and no sales tax so it *might* be less expensive for you to get them from Tousley than pay $2250 for them from your guy.

A pair of them are *definately* on my "want list" now...

Phill

That explains Tousley's price. They sell all Ford Racing parts for 10% over cost, or $200 over cost, whichever is less. 10% is $210.oo so they're selling them for $2300, which is $200 over cost.

They also give you free shipping and no sales tax so it *might* be less expensive for you to get them from Tousley than pay $2250 for them from your guy.

A pair of them are *definately* on my "want list" now...

Phill

Thanks Phill- I'll keep it for a back up if things go bad- as of now I was told no freight plus I pick them up 20mins away in OR were there is no sales tax

I'm not so sure about that Phill.

http://www.svtperfor...other-mods.html

I'm not sure what you're saying. The thread shows a early model ('07-'09) car with late model ('10-'12) SRS seats in it.

Which is what I said you can do, install a set of LM seats in a EM car, but the SRS won't work (no connection as prior years didn't have SRS side bags).

What am I missing?

Phill

I'm not sure what you're saying.

What am I missing?

My response was to you when you stated...

The thread shows a early model ('07-'09) car with late model ('10-'12) SRS seats in it.

Which is what I said you can do, install a set of LM seats in a EM car, but the SRS won't work (no connection as prior years didn't have SRS side bags).

Here's the relevant data taken directly from my 2009 owner's manual...

2009GT500sideairbags.jpg?t=1330742894

2009GT500sideairbags1.jpg?t=1330743159

You'll find the same data in your 2010 owners manual (try here on pages 138-139).

Not truely plug and play but should be easy enough to convert-

The passanger front air bag sensor plug-in is the same but the pins are in differant locations, the driver side has a different style plug but will be converted once I get my hands on a wiring schematic

DSCN0521.jpg

The passanger front air bag sensor plug-in is the same but the pins are in differant locations, the driver side has a different style plug but will be converted once I get my hands on a wiring schematic

If the other end of the plugs are available, then we could depin the originals & replace with the new plug

Just a thought

DSCN0521.jpg

I think you need to put up more pics. :happy feet: :rockon::yahoo::worship:

YES....More Pics!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sorry the car is now packed, leaving for the BASH in the AM- stop by and see them in person :)

Love the seats, but I can tell you from owning them if you are a bigger guy they are tight. I am not even talking about being fat I am 6'2" and proportional and its snug, the side bolsters hug your thighs and put a serious tar-baush on your sack.

• 4 weeks later...

:headspin:

Seats work great even with the the Air Bag light on :)

Just now starting to gather the schematics (recieved fax yesterday from my FRPP sales rep) for both the 08 & 2011, and I'll be ordering a 2008 connectors to replace the 2011 ones under the FRPP seats, I will repinned the wires to match the existing connector of my 2008 seats..

Just now starting to gather the schematics (recieved fax yesterday from my FRPP sales rep) for both the 08 & 2011, and I'll be ordering a 2008 connectors to replace the 2011 ones under the FRPP seats, I will repinned the wires to match the existing connector of my 2008 seats..

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

I'm about to grab a pair.

Let me know when it's depinning/repinning time & I'll be there if you like

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered the only way to make them work correctly is to disassemble the bottom seat cushion and swap out the sealed pressure module & bag assembly and all the wiring/electronics from my '08 into the 2011/12 seats. There are to many differances that will not allow them to be compatible without swapping out all the components. More to come- I may have discovered another option for my use

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered the only way to make them work correctly is to disassemble the bottom seat cushion and swap out the sealed pressure module & bag assembly and all the wiring/electronics from my '08 into the 2011/12 seats. There are to many differances that will not allow them to be compatible without swapping out all the components. More to come- I may have discovered another option for my use

Any updates as I would like see more about how you completed the retro fit?

Wonder how different the 2010 pinning is compared to the '11-12.

I was under the impression that the '10 is the same as the '11-'12.

I think Ford Racing has them listed as '11 & '12 because that's all they came in. They weren't available in the 2010 MY.

Phill

Any updates as I would like see more about how you completed the retro fit?

Went another direction but that failed. Only option I see is what I mentioned in Post #50.

At this point I'm not going to worry about, it tiime now to enjoy my car, maybe next winter I will take the seats to an upholstery shop to have everything swapped over

I was under the impression that the '10 is the same as the '11-'12.

I think Ford Racing has them listed as '11 & '12 because that's all they came in. They weren't available in the 2010 MY.

Phill

MY 10 and 11 have some very subtle differences... my hunch is you are right and they are the exact same but I'd rather not assume if possible. Haha

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So the FRPP seats are cloth. Does anyone know if the cloth can be removed and a set of leather Recaro take-offs installed??

I was speaking with Steve @ Tousley re: this topic on TH and he was pretty certain the bolster and everything is the same and that you could swap the skins. I just got a PM about a set of factory seats with the white stripes o plan to go that route unless something falls through. That said, I prefer the suede of the FRPP seats...could always skin them later I suppose, they're going to get worn if tracked anyway...more decisions. Skins pop up on the bay for anywhere from $300 to $800.

Archived