TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Anniversary Builds- Thoughts, opinions?

50th Anniversary GT350  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the GT350-

• In Black, but not White...
    • In White, but not Black...
    • Both, they look terrific!
    • Neither, the GT350 should not have this scheme!
  2. 2. Do you think 59k is priced right for this build?

• Yes- its limited to 50, each color, so that is pretty rare
    • No- Dont see the value for the build since its a rare car anyway

Why would you think a 2012 would be rare over a 2011 anniversary .. 2012 is a 2012 not rare at all ??

Because most the people that wanted one bought one in 2011, the 2012 holdouts are the ones that really wanted the convertible, or the different color. At any rate, I would be surprised if there were 50 2012s built. My guess would be closer to 40.

Because most the people that wanted one bought one in 2011, the 2012 holdouts are the ones that really wanted the convertible, or the different color. At any rate, I would be surprised if there were 50 2012s built. My guess would be closer to 40.

Sounds about right to me Warren..................A 2012 red vert GT350 would look great in my garage :drool:

Is there a cutoff when the 2012s could be built like there was with the 2011 45ths? Can't you still bring in a 2009 to have is Supersnaked? So, if there is not cutoff, the 45ths and the 50ths were very special builds and very limited. But is it possible to still build a 2012 in 2013 or 14 or 15 where you couldn't do that with an 11 or 13 model?

I agree you will be able to pick up a 2012 for many years to come. As an example, I was one who jumped quickly for a 2007 and paid an ADM for the GT500, just to be in for the limited edition 40th Anniversary. Fast forward to a stalling economy, and not meeting the 1,000 production numbers, and you could still have the Anniversary package added to your car up to December 31st of 2010. My brother in-law did just that. He found a GT500 (vert) with 3,000 miles and picked it up for $38,000. Adding $12,000 for the 40th got him to $50,000. I paid $59,000 for mine new, and when all was said and done had $71,000 into my car. So my advice to all of you is this.... Be patient, for the wait will always be worth it :)

Having stood next to the balck and gold GT350 at the Detroit Auto Show for the last two days, I would love to own one of them! They also have the GTS anniversary car in white and gold. I was surprised that I liked that color scheme as well. I always reserve making the decision about what I think of a car unitl I see them in person.

I can tell you that a lot of people who visited the show were talking about the black and gold in connection with the Hertz rental car colors rather than making the connection with gold being associated with the 50th anniversary of Shelby.

If someone has the cash, I wouldn't question them snatching one up. If I had a dollar for every person who upon seing the GT350 stopped dead in their tracks and said WOW this weekend, I could probably afford one!

Is there a cutoff when the 2012s could be built like there was with the 2011 45ths? Can't you still bring in a 2009 to have is Supersnaked? So, if there is not cutoff, the 45ths and the 50ths were very special builds and very limited. But is it possible to still build a 2012 in 2013 or 14 or 15 where you couldn't do that with an 11 or 13 model?

everytime you post I love your picture! Those 2 Blue Shelby's are bad ass especially the Terlinqua! You had it done in TX right as I remember being right next to it out in the shop when I was there. Too bad those were idiots running the shop as they disappeared with about $600 worth of my parts

Having stood next to the balck and gold GT350 at the Detroit Auto Show for the last two days, I would love to own one of them! They also have the GTS anniversary car in white and gold. I was surprised that I liked that color scheme as well. I always reserve making the decision about what I think of a car unitl I see them in person.

I can tell you that a lot of people who visited the show were talking about the black and gold in connection with the Hertz rental car colors rather than making the connection with gold being associated with the 50th anniversary of Shelby.

If someone has the cash, I wouldn't question them snatching one up. If I had a dollar for every person who upon seing the GT350 stopped dead in their tracks and said WOW this weekend, I could probably afford one!

Alot of people did eye the White GTS 50th & had alot of questions regarding the package you could get with it.

Yeah, that is very true...the cutoff is past with the 45ths, so those numbers will only get smaller now...the other years have room to grow. I would assume the 50th cars will sell out in quick fashion.

everytime you post I love your picture! Those 2 Blue Shelby's are bad ass especially the Terlinqua! You had it done in TX right as I remember being right next to it out in the shop when I was there. Too bad those were idiots running the shop as they disappeared with about $600 worth of my parts

It is a stunning car, and if I knew the program was ending, would have bought one in blue or white...

And yes, Quantum was not run very well. There were many cars stuck in their garage when they got their doors chained shut. That was not the responsible way to handle what they knew was inevitable. In fact, I know a couple cars did not get their parts back mid conversion. We were told that if the parts werent on the car, they belonged to the creditors of the business, not the car owners. (Although they were nice enough to be a little flexible to that rule in one instance we saw)

Planned production on the 2012 is targeted for December 31, 2012. Quite possible that any 2012's delivered in the months of November and December will be built in 2013.

Roger

Archived