TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Anniversary Builds- Thoughts, opinions?

50th Anniversary GT350  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the GT350-

• In Black, but not White...
    • In White, but not Black...
    • Both, they look terrific!
    • Neither, the GT350 should not have this scheme!
  2. 2. Do you think 59k is priced right for this build?

• Yes- its limited to 50, each color, so that is pretty rare
    • No- Dont see the value for the build since its a rare car anyway

Okay, so we have all seen the 50th anniversary builds. I just thought I would add a poll in this thread since I know there will be many that love it, especially those of us who enjoy the Hertz cars, and those that hate it. I mean, it wouldn't be Team Shelby without the naysayers, right?

So rather than have this all over the boards, here you can critique, admire, admonish and hate on whatever you like or don't like about it!

I will be happy to start with this thought-

I like the idea, the colors look great, and the limiting to 50 cars each color is going to make this sell pretty quickly in all likelihood. I do wonder what kind of grief the masses will be throwing around considering the 20k premium for the build.

That said, I prefer SA building small batch numbers for a run like this, as I think the Cobra 50th is a good barometer of what the market can support. Smart business move if nothing else!

I like the black and gold.

I never really liked the White with Blue stripe color combo. Sorry Warren but thats just how I feel....lol

Would never pay $60,000 plus the cost of the car.....I would pay $77,000 for a Boss 302S which is a real race car.

I am very happy they are doing this and its also cool that they are doing it in such low numbers. If I had endless money I would buy a Black one.

I still think Shelby should make a dedicated road course track car that is not street legal and price it around $65,000 to $70,000 and that would include the price of the car

Its a cool car, but I think $60,000 is pretty high just for a different color and a special badge on the decklid, fender and the interior, especially when u can get a NA 350 package for $27,000. Is the 50th really worth $33,000 more just for a few extra that i mentioned in the last sentence?

But if anyone that can afford this car, cool beans, hope you enjoy your new ride

I think it's great they are doing the 50th in style and all the power to them if they can sell 300 of these cars.

I like the color combinations especially the white and gold and even had my CS6 in that scheme for a couple of years before I decided to install the factory graphics.

Personally however, I think with the stock 2013 Boss and GT500 offerings they are going to have their work cut out for them.

There will always be the collector who will pay anything for a Shelby but 7 years of various Shelby offerings, now the 2013's and the current 50th packages I think is a lot for a niche market to absorb.

The price would push me to the GTS 5.0. Still can get the 624 hp for quite a bit less. I know, if you optioned it all they way out, it would then be close. But I would get the GTS with just the supercharger option. 624hp, black. I prefer the GTS hood and wheels. But that's just my opinion, and you know how that goes!! Everybody has one! :hysterical:

Wow I’m sick; all my prior muscle autos are triple black. This car looks beautiful in Black & Gold. With that said there is something about the 45th white and blue that has grown on me knowing that it was that way 45 years ago.

60K you say? By time you get done with the upgrades you’re looking at 75k at least. Then add the base GT.

Yes it’s pricy but I stopped and put a pencil to it…I really am enjoying my 45th anniversary GT 350.

Its a cool car, but I think $60,000 is pretty high just for a different color and a special badge on the decklid, fender and the interior, especially when u can get a NA 350 package for $27,000. Is the 50th really worth $33,000 more just for a few extra that i mentioned in the last sentence?

But if anyone that can afford this car, cool beans, hope you enjoy your new ride

You pretty much said what I am thinking... I am looking to buy a GT350 and yea I can afford it but I don't see the cost matching the car even with its limited availability and is why I have passed on the 2011 and 2012. I've actually been tempting about getting the 2012 Mercedes CLS AMG as I've had nothing but Mustangs but buying something other than a Mustang I haven't done and I have no use for a 4-door but man that CLS is a bad ass car

If you like it, and you want it, then buy it, drive it and enjoy it! Who cares what anyone else thinks. Every time you walk into the garage you'll smile and look forward to getting behind the wheel.

Go for it; life's too short not to....just sayin'.

John

Tradition back to 1966 has the gold relagated to the Hertz cars. The later GT-H cars carried on the tradition. So while the 50th Annv. editions look sweet, I have my own hang up with the gold striping on a non-Hertz car. Another color stripe would have been a better choice for me.

B)

Tradition back to 1966 has the gold relagated to the Hertz cars. The later GT-H cars carried on the tradition. So while the 50th Annv. editions look sweet, I have my own hang up with the gold striping on a non-Hertz car. Another color stripe would have been a better choice for me.

B)

Actually, gold on black was used on non Hertz Shelby's in 1969 and 1970. My uncle had a 69 GT350 gold stripe on black which was not a Hertz car. Albeit only a side stripe, there was gold on black used on non-Hertz cars.

1969_00093_06.jpg

You pretty much said what I am thinking... I am looking to buy a GT350 and yea I can afford it but I don't see the cost matching the car even with its limited availability and is why I have passed on the 2011 and 2012. I've actually been tempting about getting the 2012 Mercedes CLS AMG as I've had nothing but Mustangs but buying something other than a Mustang I haven't done and I have no use for a 4-door but man that CLS is a bad ass car

I agree, the CLS looks good. I like to get a new ride every 2-3 years. That CLS AMG will be worth 55-60k in three years, where I believe the GT350 will hold close to 80k. I have 90k in mine. I look at cost of owning the car when I buy and sell stuff. I had a C6 vette for 2.5 years, bought brand new, drove it like I stole it for 13k miles and sold it for a loss of 9k. I'm having a harder time driving the 350 "like I stole it". That ($&@-^£) is loud and fast!

To finally get on subject, even though I'm a diehard Steeler fan, I'd never buy the 50th Anniversary. The original white with blue is what sold me on the 350.

Edited to remove F-bomb

If you like it, and you want it, then buy it, drive it and enjoy it! Who cares what anyone else thinks. Every time you walk into the garage you'll smile and look forward to getting behind the wheel.

Go for it; life's too short not to....just sayin'.

John

Couldn't agree more. :beerchug:

Do we know how many 2011 GT 350 45th Anniversary made in 2011 ??

There should be a final count coming out soon that will break it down by all of the variables; engine build, S/A's, auto's etc. The CSM # doesn't mean much as far as total build out goes because #'s were available to be selected and some #'s were higher than the number built. I believe Roger or Steve was compiling the info but it was taking some time because of all the possible variations.

John

I'm not real partial to the gold stripes but would love me a black 350. That said, I'm enjoying my white and blue 45th. Life is too short to nit pick. Get what you like and enjoy it the way you like. Time worrying about what others feel or think is wasted time.

I really think a black 289 cobra might be in my future .........

There should be a final count coming out soon that will break it down by all of the variables; engine build, S/A's, auto's etc. The CSM # doesn't mean much as far as total build out goes because #'s were available to be selected and some #'s were higher than the number built. I believe Roger or Steve was compiling the info but it was taking some time because of all the possible variations.

John

Almost but not quire finished with it. And you are absolutely correct about the CSM numbers. One CSM number even matched the cars horsepower.

Steve

While the 50th Anniversay cars are as beautiful as all the products from SAI, current and earlier generation, I question a 50th Anniversary Shelby Mustang. Fifty years ago there was only the small block Cobra, It would be three years before Shelby Mustangs would hit the production line. So now we have a 45th Anniversary GT350 followed a year later by a special edition 50the Anniversary. Hmmmm. Bring on the discussion.

Now this is just my take................The 50th Anniversary cars are for 50 years of Shelby American, not the Cobra, Mustang or any car built by Shelby.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

I agree with you! However, I would not pick black or white with gold stripes for a color because of two reasons: To much work to keep perfectly clean and I am totally the white with blue stripes kind of guy! My peronal thoughts are that I will never in my life buy a car as an investment. I would drive it as much as I could. Like I read what Jay Leno said once, " we drive our cars down to 15%, then fix them up to 100% again." I look at it this way, life can be cut off short at any time, so I will drive my 65' as much as I can. If I had many cars, I would drive all of them as much as I could.

I agree with you! However, I would not pick black or white with gold stripes for a color because of two reasons: To much work to keep perfectly clean and I am totally the white with blue stripes kind of guy! My peronal thoughts are that I will never in my life buy a car as an investment. I would drive it as much as I could. Like I read what Jay Leno said once, " we drive our cars down to 15%, then fix them up to 100% again." I look at it this way, life can be cut off short at any time, so I will drive my 65' as much as I can. If I had many cars, I would drive all of them as much as I could.

I'm with you on the White with Blue stripe...........that color combo screams Shelby.

Archived