TEAM SHELBY FORUM

clutch pedal hanging up

rsfdiver

Hi All,

Dealer replaced mine with the RXT and before the 500 mile break in I noticed that some thing was hanging up the clutch petal on the way up near the fully depressed position.

I thought it was the floor mat catching it some how. Now at 800 miles the hang up is more near the point of full engagement. Anyone know what would cause this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have them make absolutely sure the system is completely air free. Short of that, have them make sure they check the spacing specs. The RXT is a little touchy when it comes to set up. The plates need to be able to freewheel when you're setting them up. Been there...done that.

bj

• 2 months later...

Just an update, called McLeod and talk to Lee he told me that according to my "symptoms" he thinks that it might be that the pressure plate not torqued down properly, do to the crush washer. Originally when the pressure plate was installed we hand tightened the bolts and then torqued them to 35ft/lbs he said that the proper way is to hit the bolts with and impact gun turned down in power so that the fingers of the pressure plate tightened down then torque them. Hopefully this would do the trick. Just an FYI my only symptom was a feeling of the clutch pedal catching almost at the fully depress position and at high rpm (5900 to 6000) it's really hard to get into 1-2 to 2-3 gear. Hopefully this would help someone in the future. Will do as advice and re update.

Cody at Stang Hi in Baton Rouge :worship:

I am so glad to hear that this is going to get resolved. Let us know when the repair is copmplete and you are on the road again and happy.

Sorry you have to go thru this. I feel for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived