TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Boss 302

regalt87

I haven't been on here for a while. Not much time lately. I did get a different Mustang so I thought I would pop in and say hello.

It had 680 miles. #646. Bought it from a forum member of Boss mustangs on line. Drove by my self from Pa to my sisters house in Wash DC. Left at noon the next day and drove straight through to Central Florida arriving at 0500. The seats were so comfortable and the car drove so nice I was able to sleep about half the way!!!

79 mph average speed. 19.6 mpg Slower speed zones average 70 mph and got 20.2

My GT500 had stupid power but handled like crap. My 2011 Supercharged Performance package car was a much better driving car than the 500 and IMO with the way I set it up handled as good as the Boss. Also was faster.

I had 2 1970 B2's and regretted selling one of them ever since then. I can't go back to 1970 and buy another new one so I bought the 2012. There are a few improvements I plan to do and it should be good to go. I need to research some of the Mods and maybe ask a few questions then I should be good to go.

Headers- the American Racing ones I put on my V6 car were the best made I have ever seen. Great quality but they are $500 more than the Kooks. Any body like the quality of the kooks?

Control arms- Everybody makes them and just about any thing on there will be an improvement. I had J&m Hotpart lowers on my Shelby and V6 car and they worked fine. Will see what every body recommends.

Used Steeda adjustable upper control arm on both previous cars that worked fine but a lot of noise traveled in from it. Will see what everybody recommends.

Fays 2 watts link. It made a huge improvement in the GT500 but not so much in the V6 Performance package car. I am not sure the Boss needs it . But a pan hard bar has it's limitations. What do you think?

Hydraulic hood hinges are a nice feature.

Oil pressure and amp gauge. It would be nice if a factory 4 gauge set up out of another mustang would fit in the dash. Obviously the installation and function of the sensors will require some research. I will look into that. Any body know?

I put a MGW shifter in the V6 car with the MT 82. Biggest noticeable improvement was accurate rapid downshifting. Shorter throw was ok also. Now that I have installed one and had a chance to study the rear mount, I am not so sure the Barton rear mount will be all that is required.

Laguns Seca rear spoiler is a must. I saw some pics of a Yellow Blaze car that someone had on it but I can't find them any more. Any body know who's car that was?

Ford Synk after market kit looks like a nice feature. I got spoiled with the Phone answering through the radio.

Raising the passenger seat kit. OK as far as I know no one makes one yet. I will do some studying of the mount system and see if I can come up with a quality solution. An easy fix would be to incorporate the drivers mount to the passenger seat but the ratchet would be on the wrong side and may not fit due to the console.

I guess this will keep me busy for a while.

post-3388-0-98343000-1325902298_thumb.jpg

post-3388-0-98343000-1325902298_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I haven't been on here for a while. Not much time lately. I did get a different Mustang so I thought I would pop in and say hello.

It had 680 miles. #646. Bought it from a forum member of Boss mustangs on line. Drove by my self from Pa to my sisters house in Wash DC. Left at noon the next day and drove straight through to Central Florida arriving at 0500. The seats were so comfortable and the car drove so nice I was able to sleep about half the way!!!

79 mph average speed. 19.6 mpg Slower speed zones average 70 mph and got 20.2

My GT500 had stupid power but handled like crap. My 2011 Supercharged Performance package car was a much better driving car than the 500 and IMO with the way I set it up handled as good as the Boss. Also was faster.

I had 2 1970 B2's and regretted selling one of them ever since then. I can't go back to 1970 and buy another new one so I bought the 2012. There are a few improvements I plan to do and it should be good to go. I need to research some of the Mods and maybe ask a few questions then I should be good to go.

Headers- the American Racing ones I put on my V6 car were the best made I have ever seen. Great quality but they are $500 more than the Kooks. Any body like the quality of the kooks?

Control arms- Everybody makes them and just about any thing on there will be an improvement. I had J&m Hotpart lowers on my Shelby and V6 car and they worked fine. Will see what every body recommends.

Used Steeda adjustable upper control arm on both previous cars that worked fine but a lot of noise traveled in from it. Will see what everybody recommends.

Fays 2 watts link. It made a huge improvement in the GT500 but not so much in the V6 Performance package car. I am not sure the Boss needs it . But a pan hard bar has it's limitations. What do you think?

Hydraulic hood hinges are a nice feature.

Oil pressure and amp gauge. It would be nice if a factory 4 gauge set up out of another mustang would fit in the dash. Obviously the installation and function of the sensors will require some research. I will look into that. Any body know?

I put a MGW shifter in the V6 car with the MT 82. Biggest noticeable improvement was accurate rapid downshifting. Shorter throw was ok also. Now that I have installed one and had a chance to study the rear mount, I am not so sure the Barton rear mount will be all that is required.

Laguns Seca rear spoiler is a must. I saw some pics of a Yellow Blaze car that someone had on it but I can't find them any more. Any body know who's car that was?

Ford Synk after market kit looks like a nice feature. I got spoiled with the Phone answering through the radio.

Raising the passenger seat kit. OK as far as I know no one makes one yet. I will do some studying of the mount system and see if I can come up with a quality solution. An easy fix would be to incorporate the drivers mount to the passenger seat but the ratchet would be on the wrong side and may not fit due to the console.

I guess this will keep me busy for a while.

+1

Archived