TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell - Voided driveline warranty?

Did anyone else get a letter from Shelby asking you to acknowledge that the Kenne Bell super charger they supplied voided your driveline warranty with Ford?

Just wondering if I am special or not, and what sort of failure do I have to look foward to.

Sounds like this should have been upgraded as part of the Super Snake kit?

Did anyone else get a letter from Shelby asking you to acknowledge that the Kenne Bell super charger they supplied voided your driveline warranty with Ford?

Just wondering if I am special or not, and what sort of failure do I have to look foward to.

Hey jacks1071,

Yes I did get that letter...........and I was told up front by John that it would be voided, so no surprise for me.

I remember hearing about the letter and I remember the 725 from the beginning stated as voiding the Ford warranty. I also know of 725 owners who have had no issues getting warranty items resolved after the 725 conversion.

R

I remember hearing about the letter and I remember the 725 from the beginning stated as voiding the Ford warranty. I also know of 725 owners who have had no issues getting warranty items resolved after the 725 conversion.

R

I did the clutch/tranny TSB after the SS was complete. That was way back in 08 but I think Ford will still work with us. Either way the SS is still worth a voided warranty.

When the KB was announced as an option on the SS package it was also stated that it would be sans warranty.

The TVS (625 pkg) did not void the warranty. However, I don't believe I've heard of folks having issues other that the "standard" clutch issues with the KB.

When the KB was announced as an option on the SS package it was also stated that it would be sans warranty.

The TVS (625 pkg) did not void the warranty. However, I don't believe I've heard of folks having issues other that the "standard" clutch issues with the KB.

Did the 605 have a TVS, I was not sure what the Ford Racing S/C was?...........,

I remember that many went with the 605 specifically because of this warranty issue, and then also those who wanted a convert.

R

Did the 605 have a TVS, I was not sure what the Ford Racing S/C was?...........,

I remember that many went with the 605 specifically because of this warranty issue, and then also those who wanted a convert.

R

Yes, Ford Racing was the TVS, and your right, I meant to say 605hp package. It kept the balance of the factory warranty.

That wouldn't do anything to help keep the drive train warranty.

If the parts that they are concerned about failiing were engineered to handle the power, then you wouldn't need a warranty.

Something must be breaking otherwise I wouldn't have been asked to sign this indemnity form.

If the parts that they are concerned about failiing were engineered to handle the power, then you wouldn't need a warranty.

Something must be breaking otherwise I wouldn't have been asked to sign this indemnity form.

Ford does not want to cover the warranty for a 700+ hp drivetrain when their original power output level was in the 500-550 range for the car that they designed and built. It is the OEM Ford parts at the 500-550 level that Ford does not want to take responsability for, when the owner chooses to go to the 700+ level. If these drivetrain parts were upgraded by Shelby during the conversion then Shelby would choose to offer a warranty, but since they are not upgraded, Ford says they are not going to take ownership of the new found power and "possible" breakage issues.

Other than the common clutch issue on the 2007-2009 models, I haven't heard of major issues over the last 4 years except maybe some with the tune that needs to be addressed after the Super Snake build.

Now there have been some breakage issues with the rear tires, the break loose at will...............

At the time I had my Super Snake built I asked myself two questions, "How long will the Ford powertrain warranty last?" Answer - 5 years at the maximum. "After the warranty is done, do I want my car to be at the 605 level (with a warranty that is long gone?) or at the 700+ level for as long as I own it?". Since warranty is not forever, and I planned on keeping my car longer than 5 years, I chose the bigger power level.

R

I guess the issue for me, is this should have been advised and agreed to up front rather than being sent a letter out more than 1yr after the order was placed.

I agree with you on that one !!!!, I av bend told that it wouldent afect my warranty !!!! It was my first conserne .

I guess the issue for me, is this should have been advised and agreed to up front rather than being sent a letter out more than 1yr after the order was placed.

If you were not aware of this, then yes, I understand your concern. Those of us who ordered our cars 3-4 years ago were all aware of the 725's not keeping a Ford warranty on the powertrain. There were quite a few magazine articles written during that time period, they also stated no warranty for the 700+ cars.

R

If you were not aware of this, then yes, I understand your concern. Those of us who ordered our cars 3-4 years ago were all aware of the 725's not keeping a Ford warranty on the powertrain. There were quite a few magazine articles written during that time period, they also stated no warranty for the 700+ cars.

R

Yep..............John Walker was very clear about the voided warranty when I made my deposit.

Okay, I don't really want to sound like a jack-wagon here, but did you really think Ford was going to honor a powertrain warranty on a 750hp car with major modifications??? Anytime a car is modified there is risk that Ford will void the warranty.

But the warranty is only voided by breakage that is directly related to the mods. So if you water pump goes out it is still covered but if you break an axle that would not be covered.

Okay, I don't really want to sound like a jack-wagon here, but did you really think Ford was going to honor a powertrain warranty on a 750hp car with major modifications??? Anytime a car is modified there is risk that Ford will void the warranty.

But the warranty is only voided by breakage that is directly related to the mods. So if you water pump goes out it is still covered but if you break an axle that would not be covered.

:hysterical3: "jack-wagon"

I received the letter some time ago, but did not return it. I did understand (from multiple sources) that 725 voided the powertrain warranty. Since the OEM warranty is 36 months the issue is kind of moot.

I thought the bumper to bumper is 3 year or 36K, but the powertrain is 5 year or 50K?

R

Archived