TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New-ish '07 GT500 owner from Toronto

Carmine_GT500

I say "new-ish" because I've had the car since June 2011.

Bought at Craig Riley's Markville Ford in Markham, Ontario. Car had been Craig's for a while when it was brand new. 9100kms when I got it (5600 miles), and has approx 16,000kms (10,000 miles) now asleep as it is for winter.

I've stayed away from forums purposely - while there are always great people and great help on forums, the "mod-bug" always hits when you hit the forums. :) I sold my last car with a bunch of mods that, while they were enjoyed while having them, don't payback in a sale. Anyhow, my promise to myself is not to mod this car but I'm here, so I think that promise may end up going the way of my New Year's fitness resolutions.

Love the car - don't care that there are flashier or faster cars out there.

Couple of pics to share: 2nd is just a parking lot shot. 1st is at a track day at Mosport this past summer.

Car has been away since around Hallowe'en....getting bored of driving the minivan and can't wait until spring.

Cheers,

Carmine

6145948482_e9fd57ff34_z.jpg

6145953286_76e55db1d1_z.jpg

I say "new-ish" because I've had the car since June 2011.

Bought at Craig Riley's Markville Ford in Markham, Ontario. Car had been Craig's for a while when it was brand new. 9100kms when I got it (5600 miles), and has approx 16,000kms (10,000 miles) now asleep as it is for winter.

I've stayed away from forums purposely - while there are always great people and great help on forums, the "mod-bug" always hits when you hit the forums. :) I sold my last car with a bunch of mods that, while they were enjoyed while having them, don't payback in a sale. Anyhow, my promise to myself is not to mod this car but I'm here, so I think that promise may end up going the way of my New Year's fitness resolutions.

Love the car - don't care that there are flashier or faster cars out there.

Couple of pics to share: 2nd is just a parking lot shot. 1st is at a track day at Mosport this past summer.

Car has been away since around Hallowe'en....getting bored of driving the minivan and can't wait until spring.

Cheers,

Carmine

6145948482_e9fd57ff34_z.jpg

6145953286_76e55db1d1_z.jpg

Welcome aboard and congrats for the great new car!!!

You can register as the new owner with the Shelby Registry at the link below.

Enjoy,

David

Welcome Carmine, you've certianly come to the right place for all things Shelby.

Not bad that your cars colors match those of the Maple Leafs!

Enjoy and Happy Motoring

Tom

LOL. Thanks. I had Maple Leaf "graphic" license plates that I retired with the car that I sold to get into the Shelby. Too many years of getting abuse in April.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats & welcome to TS! I've been lurking & posting on these forums since August of last year and haven't done any mods yet. I've got the basic mods onhand but haven't gotten the guts yet to install them. Very paranoid on screwing up the engine although there's probably nothing to worry about. Guess it's just my nature & serious respect for the dollars I put down on purchasing this vehicle.

We're lucky here in Colorado winter weather wise as we get breaks from the cold & snow and are able to take our cars out. Just this past Saturday it was sunny skies with 67 degrees F.

BTW - Great color combo!

Cheers,

Ray

Congrats & welcome to TS! I've been lurking & posting on these forums since August of last year and haven't done any mods yet. I've got the basic mods onhand but haven't gotten the guts yet to install them. Very paranoid on screwing up the engine although there's probably nothing to worry about. Guess it's just my nature & serious respect for the dollars I put down on purchasing this vehicle.

We're lucky here in Colorado winter weather wise as we get breaks from the cold & snow and are able to take our cars out. Just this past Saturday it was sunny skies with 67 degrees F.

BTW - Great color combo!

Cheers,

Ray

Mod away Ray, and be sure to invest in a good tune. What a difference it makes.

Archived