TEAM SHELBY FORUM

mustang_roush_vs_mustang_shelby

Larry T

Ok .... HE SAID and i quote! this car has 4 DRUM Brakes!

All GT's from 67 on Including the Cougar had FRONT DISC BRAKES! and rear Durm.

Is that a True GT390 or was it a Standard 289 or 302 NON GT which could of hade the 4 Drum Brakes???

Mr Hays,

Is this the Fernley track...I have a home there and would love to meet up one of these days.

Ok half way through the Video and I have found another one.

He states that the Shelby has a 4.6L no mention of the 5.4L with a Bigger Supercharger than the Roush...

Silly Brit!

+1. In addition, he adds the the Shelby has 475HP. Everybody has the rignt to have their own opinion about the Shelby, but at least they should provide accurate factual info about the car. In a similar video from the same british show that I posted a few week back, another guy complained that the Shelby wasn't making the advertised 500HP when put on a dyno, apparently now knowing anything about RWHP.

Mr Hays,

Is this the Fernley track...I have a home there and would love to meet up one of these days.

Yes it was the Fernley NV Track. I live in Reno.

I am working on Qualifying for the Road Course there, Ill Give you a shout when I Set up the time.

Ok half way through the Video and I have found another one.

He states that the Shelby has a 4.6L no mention of the 5.4L with a Bigger Supercharger than the Roush...

Silly Brit!

it sounded like a Roush commercial to me

I am a bid Roush Fan, I have been a Mark Martin fan sice 1988

I was looking at the Roush stage 3 Mustang, it is a sweet car

when I got the chance to get a GT500, I dropped the Roush Stage 3 like 3rd period French

I thought it was settled a long time ago that he was driving a pre-production gt500?

At any rate, don't look for 'real' info from Top Gear. They're typically full of :censored:

Here's the other vid of the gt500 (referred to as a wallowing hippo) and a bit about the Roush. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/05/hp-101-...sepower-rating/

They make the mistake about Crank vs. RWHP, and then go on to say the gt500 doesn't have a LSD.

Fun show, light on facts.

- Tony

Archived