TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt-H car return manual from Hertz

has anybody hear of a manual that Hertz employees used when the GT-H was returned to make sure it came back with all it's parts?

I have seen long yellow sheets listed bu a rental place told me of a 9 page checklist with pictures they were sent from corporate they needed to go through.

In 2006 Hertz used a rental and return checklist that included pictures of all the Ford Racing parts added to the 2006 GT-H. The checklist and pictures were put together as a sort of booklet, no cover, that gave the Customer Service Reps (rental agents) a "heads up" on what may be missing upon rental return. The "booklet" was not published or proprietary so anyone with these pages should be able to burn you a copy with no problem. In 2007 the convertibles were rented to just about anyone, with little restrictions, so I'm not sure the same style "booklet" was used. In 2007 Hertz's new owners (two investment banker groups) just wanted the cars rented and ran the mileage up much more than the Ford owned Hertz in 2006. I'll see if I can't contact someone at Hertz that still may have the internet print out of the "booklet". hope this helps, Larry , Team Shelby-SAI Registrar, Hertz GT-H.

Thanks!! I would definitely want a copy if you can get your hands on one. I will gladly pay shipping and write a letter of thanks to your boss. $200.00 for the e-bay one was well above my price range but nice to hear about the enthusiasm.

Yea h this auction had the "reek" of shill bidding. Cmon, 22 bids!!!!!! I doubt they are all legitimate. I stayed away from this one.

AND, I would love a copy too please.

QSS

Hi Larry:

I'm not sure if your contact at Hertz ever did anything with the press release given out on disk, but if they did, I would love a copy. Here is what it is

http://www.ebay.ca/i...49#ht_500wt_941

I certainly don't mind paying for the trouble of making a disc.

Linky no worky.

QSS

Let me know how I can get a copy as well if this happens. Maybe a good way is to scan a copy and send out via email. Folks can print & laminate at their cost. Just something to consider.

+1000 .... long live the Shelby GT-H

The checklist was not a publication but simply available via the Hertz website for each location. There is no "original", as all were just printed from the internet, some in color, some locations printed them in black and white. I will get a copy, I think I still have a black and white copy, and in any event anything purchased will be just a printed copy, hardly worth $200 for sure. I'll start searching next week and post my findings. regards, Larry

publi

I have located a black and white version, I'm waiting now to get the color version, many of the Hertz locations didn't bother doing it in color, just used the b&w printers. There was NEVER a manual, just a download e-mail style attachment

Awesome news ..... thank you for all your hard work on this project!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived