TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Feed up!!!

It was a very nice weekend in Vegas. The high today was 65 with no wind. I decided to take the Shelby out for a smog check and a ride out to a friends house on the west side of town.

My ride started out with some gang banger looking types in their thrashed out SRT-4 who first tailgated me and then got beside me and wanted to race. When we got to the off-ramp, they started reving their engine in an attempt to impress me (hardly!).

As I was heading home, a jag off in a F-150 cuts me off twice. I wanted to get away from this a-hole, so I dropped it down a gear and put distance from him. A few miles down the road, I was sitting at a red light to make a left hand turn, the same jerk moves into my lane and damn near made the passenger side of my car a part of his truck.

Am I just the only one this happens too?

It is sapping the joy out of driving this thing and I sometimes go into panic mode because of the other bozos out on the road.

Sorry, I just had to vent, this seems to happen at least one to two times I drive my GT500.

Matt

I have put a few Tailgaters in the Ditch before when I had to hit the Brakes for that Damn (invisable) Dog that ran out in the Road. I produce custom Tailgate Bras and the one I had on my Ranger was the best......and it actually worked.

tailgatebra6.jpg

tailgatebra6.jpg

I just hit the rear red and blues in my unmarked. They usually turn at the first opportunity, if not they get put on the curb.

That would do it for me........... :drop:

So far most have let me be in the Shelby. Had a few fools put in their place but not to bad.

I have put a few Tailgaters in the Ditch before when I had to hit the Brakes for that Damn (invisable) Dog that ran out in the Road. I produce custom Tailgate Bras and the one I had on my Ranger was the best......and it actually worked.

Now thats funny !!! But shouldn't it be in spanish :hysterical2:

I just hit the rear red and blues in my unmarked. They usually turn at the first opportunity, if not they get put on the curb.

I use to love taking out the unmarked car sitting low in the seat so no one would see my uniform. Then drive around at normal speeds and see who is a A-Hole, Its turns out the most aggressive drivers are women. I had one lady ride my bumper blow her horn at me in a school zone she got 2 nice tickets and in NY blowing your horn other than danger is 2 pts on your license. She told traffic court she was in a rush and didn't know it was a cop car if she did then she would have went around me.

I had a nice mother and daughter on broadway which is to 4 lane road 2 north 2 south the daughter was driving the car with blacked out windows they start blowing there horn at me. Then she started riding my bumper then came around to my paaenger side the driver puts down her window and her and her mother start giving me the finger and cursing at me. I just laugh at them then pull them over the driver say she is later for work and her mom tells me you only pulled us over because they are spanish. In court they repeat the same statements to the court and ends up with a 6pt hit on her license you need 11pts to lose your license in NY and her fine was 350.00.

I don't get it much. It I drive mine in pretty off traffic hours. I did a few days ago. Some jackwagon parked it beside me. If I sped up he sped up I slow down he slows down. I needed to merge so I went from 6th to 5th rolled the throttle got in front of him. Took the interchange a wee aggressive. On a new highway now I see headlights lift go around some folks and park it beside me....I'm thinking really again...its 4am I'm tired leave me alone ...I look over and it's a county sheriff ...he just looks at me shakes his head and speeds off

I don't get it much. It I drive mine in pretty off traffic hours. I did a few days ago. Some jackwagon parked it beside me. If I sped up he sped up I slow down he slows down. I needed to merge so I went from 6th to 5th rolled the throttle got in front of him. Took the interchange a wee aggressive. On a new highway now I see headlights lift go around some folks and park it beside me....I'm thinking really again...its 4am I'm tired leave me alone ...I look over and it's a county sheriff ...he just looks at me shakes his head and speeds off

Then you went Home and changed your Shorts................... :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time but it's funny as heck now.

Thanks for sharing.

It was kinda funny then. My cruise was set before I sped up. Around the interchange I hit 6th and resume. On my cruise. When he pulled up my window was down. He shook his head I hit the - button on the cruise and off he went.... it happened so quick I didn't get the oh crap thought. He was in a new challenger so I didn't recognize The headlight pattern. I'm just glad I wasn't feeling froggy when I saw his lights lift. He may not have found the humor in it if he would have had to hit his lights to catch me

Would have been my luck though lol

I would have thrown my coffee at you !!! :sing_rain:

• 2 weeks later...

Am I just the only one this happens too? It is sapping the joy out of driving this thing and I sometimes go into panic mode because of the other bozos out on the road. Sorry, I just had to vent, this seems to happen at least one to two times I drive my GT500.

Just about ALWAYS happens to me too. 90% of the time it's some dummy in a pickup truck. I have no idea why some people turn into complete ***holes around these cars. I'm just doing my thing and could care less about some stranger on the road. It does get so annoying that you almost don't even want to be out on the roads.

I got it yesterday. Jackwagon in a tundra regcab wanted to race I ignored him. He got mad then had the balls to come over in my lane and push me into the grass. I haven't been that pissed in a long time. Wish I had a big gulp because it would have been flying out my window

This seems to happen to me every time I try for some seat time. My wife hates to ride with me for that reason. It's usually the 'bangers, mainly in a Screwbaru. What's with that? 4 doors and a wing don't make a race car. :shrug:

Funny I never see these guys out at the track when they have open track time for $25 , all you can run.

As a rule I don't street race my SGT for safety and legal reasons. But I need to relate two stories.:

1) I was out for a ride on a limited access highway before breakfast one Sunday about 6:30 AM. I was waiting at a light when a kid in a new Impreza pulls up and starts with the revving. His car still had the temp tags on it. On the gree he was gone like a shot. This old fart just drove like normal. He braked just right to meet me at the next two lights. We both did the same thing. At the next light I decided I'd had enough of his b.s. I let him go about 3 car lenghts ahead of me and I dropped the hammer. I flew by him at 85 and held it there. He comes up to me at the next light, flipping me off and honking like crazy. He started with his mouth thru the open window. I told him not to bring a pedal car to a race next time.

2) Another Sunday I was on the same hwy. and a soccer mom with two teen age girls pulled up along side. They were all eyes and gawking, like we get all of the time. At the green she floored it and the kids were looking back. I took off to get just barely ahead of her. At the next light, she says she hoped I didn't mind her racing me. I said "Is that what we're doing?" When the light turned green I punched and got,up to the legal 65MPH in a heartbeat, and held it to the next light. They pulled up all smiles and thumbs up.

Sometimes I just can't help myself. :hysterical:

I got it yesterday. Jackwagon in a tundra regcab wanted to race I ignored him. He got mad then had the balls to come over in my lane and push me into the grass. I haven't been that pissed in a long time. Wish I had a big gulp because it would have been flying out my window

Holy :censored:! I don't get these idiots at all. I would have definitely got his plate and turned it in for aggressive driving at least. Why do people have to be such morons?

I use to love taking out the unmarked car sitting low in the seat so no one would see my uniform. Then drive around at normal speeds and see who is a A-Hole, Its turns out the most aggressive drivers are women. I had one lady ride my bumper blow her horn at me in a school zone she got 2 nice tickets and in NY blowing your horn other than danger is 2 pts on your license. She told traffic court she was in a rush and didn't know it was a cop car if she did then she would have went around me.

I had a nice mother and daughter on broadway which is to 4 lane road 2 north 2 south the daughter was driving the car with blacked out windows they start blowing there horn at me. Then she started riding my bumper then came around to my paaenger side the driver puts down her window and her and her mother start giving me the finger and cursing at me. I just laugh at them then pull them over the driver say she is later for work and her mom tells me you only pulled us over because they are spanish. In court they repeat the same statements to the court and ends up with a 6pt hit on her license you need 11pts to lose your license in NY and her fine was 350.00.

Not to be a stereotype or anything, but is it just me that notices that when a TS member's Shelby or even an expensive exotic like an Audi R8 or something is wrecked, it is usually a female in another car? Racer I agree with women being more aggressive. My mom tells me that MEN are bad drivers, well my mom was innocently pulling out of a parking lot, another lady blasted there horn at her and my mom flipped her off. In a parking lot a few weeks ago, I was driving and a women cut in front of me while se was on her cell phone and had her kid in the back seat. WTF. Like I said, I am tryying not to be stereotypical, I am just stating thing that I am witnessing.

Just about ALWAYS happens to me too. 90% of the time it's some dummy in a pickup truck. I have no idea why some people turn into complete ***holes around these cars. I'm just doing my thing and could care less about some stranger on the road. It does get so annoying that you almost don't even want to be out on the roads.

The question I am raising is why is it always around the Shelbys and not a POS BMW 7 series or M Performance or a Mercedes and their AMG models? Why do the American cars get the unfair advantage? I'd like to see that more with a driven by a 1% car than a Shelby. Anybody can buy a Shelby even if it is a used one!

Are you Fed up or Feed up with bozo drivers? I wish they would feed me.....lol

+1 I was thinking the same thing.

This seems to happen to me every time I try for some seat time. My wife hates to ride with me for that reason. It's usually the 'bangers, mainly in a Screwbaru. What's with that? 4 doors and a wing don't make a race car. :shrug:

Funny I never see these guys out at the track when they have open track time for $25 , all you can run.

As a rule I don't street race my SGT for safety and legal reasons. But I need to relate two stories.:

1) I was out for a ride on a limited access highway before breakfast one Sunday about 6:30 AM. I was waiting at a light when a kid in a new Impreza pulls up and starts with the revving. His car still had the temp tags on it. On the gree he was gone like a shot. This old fart just drove like normal. He braked just right to meet me at the next two lights. We both did the same thing. At the next light I decided I'd had enough of his b.s. I let him go about 3 car lenghts ahead of me and I dropped the hammer. I flew by him at 85 and held it there. He comes up to me at the next light, flipping me off and honking like crazy. He started with his mouth thru the open window. I told him not to bring a pedal car to a race next time.

Ah yes the "I'm going to get to the light a few seconds earlier than you." trick. Happens all the time.

Oh I got a few to tell. One event happened to me a few weeks ago. I was making a turn, and this guy was riding up my @$$ and the zoomed around and pointed at me with an angry face. I knew he thought I was probably going too slow and was trying to say sh!t to me. Dumb azz in his POS old rusty Honda.

The funny part was that my mom was with me and she thought he was pointing to the tires thinking I had a flat. Well I'm sure my face didn't have a flat that's for sure. :hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I got a few to tell. One event happened to me a few weeks ago. I was making a turn, and this guy was riding up my @$$ and the zoomed around and pointed at me with an angry face. I knew he thought I was probably going too slow and was trying to say sh!t to me.

I actually had some moron go flying around me across the double yellow line because I guess I was going too "slow". Have no idea what his problem was...figures there was no police around to see it. I tend to just pull over or take a side street to get away from idiots. It's worth it to me to get away from the jackasses and avoid getting myself upset and into a potential situation. I hate going out into the public in every way at this point.

I've been driving now for nearly 45 years and it seems to me that road rage has really gotten bad everywhere over the last ten years. I first heard of it 20 years ago in California and didn't really understand what it was about. Now as the roadways have become more crowed it has migrated east and is everywhere there is traffic. Everybody is in a hurry to get somewhere now it seems. :shift:

I hate to say it but they are many import owners who think putting a loud muffler on your former 4-door economy car makes them a 9-second race car. Believe me, 40+ years ago many of us put glasspacks on our 2-bbl smallblock V-8's but I don't think we felt it turned them into 14-second Supercars (LOL). :doh:

Hey here's a thought, you know those blow into devices they put on drunk drivers cars so they can't start their car if they've been drinking? Maybe they should put something similar on all vehicles except that it would be hooked up to your blood pressure.... Naaaaah, on second thought I'd probably spend too much time sitting on the side of the road waiting on my blood pressure to drop back down to normal. :rant2:

Archived