TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford "tracking" system for Mods??

BoneDoc

Hi Guys-

like many of you, i have added a few mods that would probably technically void the power train warranty.

My question to thos in the know is this: Does ford have some sort of tracking system for modifications done to our cars? For example, If i took my car into dealership "A" to have routine maintenance done and dealership "A" were made aware of the mods i have done.... If I then took the car at a later date to dealership "B".... would dealership "B" be made aware from dealership "A" that i had modded the car?

in other words ... is there any form of formal communication between dealers regarding modifications that may have been done to the car... or does each dealer keep it's own separate set of records?

Thank in advance

Ron

Hi Guys-

like many of you, i have added a few mods that would probably technically void the power train warranty.

My question to thos in the know is this: Does ford have some sort of tracking system for modifications done to our cars? For example, If i took my car into dealership "A" to have routine maintenance done and dealership "A" were made aware of the mods i have done.... If I then took the car at a later date to dealership "B".... would dealership "B" be made aware from dealership "A" that i had modded the car?

in other words ... is there any form of formal communication between dealers regarding modifications that may have been done to the car... or does each dealer keep it's own separate set of records?

Thank in advance

Ron

Good question for some one like Five-oh or Don to answer for us. My guess fromthe outside looking in is that the dealers are networked together but that being said they have to do the input initially to have it in the system. I would guerss that only happens if they actually do the labor or order the part for you to put on the car. Meaning if you go in for an oil change and they say cool intake about your JLT they likely won't input in the system "has aftermarket intake"....now if you have them install it and they have to bill you then it will go in the system as "installed aftermarket air intake" or something.

This is all speculation so I reserve the right to be totally wrong, but clearly the info has to be put in and unless they are making $ off of it I bet they don't put it in to keep tabs on you or just have the knowledge of what's on there.

I would say yes. doesnt ford have an oasis report from ever car so they can look back and see what service was done to the car and when. As a matter of fact i know they do my F150 had a bad stock alignment and it was fixed under warranty and i made a big deal so they gave me free life time alignment i got a flat in NC and only place that had that tire was a ford dealer and he saw that i had life time aligement. So id say yes

I would say yes. doesnt ford have an oasis report from ever car so they can look back and see what service was done to the car and when. As a matter of fact i know they do my F150 had a bad stock alignment and it was fixed under warranty and i made a big deal so they gave me free life time alignment i got a flat in NC and only place that had that tire was a ford dealer and he saw that i had life time aligement. So id say yes

I agree. The only issue to note is (as ice mentioned) that someone must enter it in Oasis. So if the service person or tech doesn't enter that you have a mod...it won't show up. Hopefully you get someone who doesn't like to type much. :hysterical2:

Archived