TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New York Auto Show (April 5th -15th) - Has Anyone Volunteered to Work the Shelby Booth?

Z-man

Who has volunteered to work at the New York Auto Show?

I did this last year and had a fantastic time. I got to spend the day surrounded by Shelby automobiles, talking with Gary Patterson, John Luft, and Sam Trout, as well as meet some of my fellow Team Shelby Members (MsSnake500 just to name one).

If you are thinking about volunteering, just do it! You won't be sorry you did (but your feet might be 'barking' at the end of the day :hysterical: ).

I'm signed up for the 10:00 - 3:00 shift on Friday, April 13th.

Anyone else headed to NYC?

Z-man

If you would like to volunteer and haven't already registered CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Who has volunteered to work at the New York Auto Show?

I did this last year and had a fantastic time. I got to spend the day surrounded by Shelby automobiles, talking with Gary Patterson, John Luft, and Sam Trout, as well as meet some of my fellow Team Shelby Members (MsSnake500 just to name one).

If you are thinking about volunteering, just do it! You won't be sorry you did (but your feet might be 'barking' at the end of the day :hysterical: ).

I'm signed up for the 10:00 - 3:00 shift on Friday, April 13th.

Anyone else headed to NYC?

Z-man

I sent an email to Gary but not heard back from him. I guess I'll try again. I did it last year,

and I agree it was fun. I'm trying for the first weekend shifts.

-Tom

I sent an email to Gary but not heard back from him. I guess I'll try again. I did it last year,

and I agree it was fun. I'm trying for the first weekend shifts.

-Tom

I e-mailed Gary just a few days ago, and he responded right back (super responsive and extreamly personable). I know he is focusing on the Detroit Auto Show first (it starts on January 14th), but if you don't hear from him in the next day or two, I would definately e-mail him again in case your original message got lost in what I can only imagine is a very busy 'mail box'.

Z-man

Spoke to Gary yesterday, I'll be working either Sat. (7th) or Sun. (8th). Told him to plug me

in whenever he needs me, but it looks like Sat. based on all the responses in this thread.

For those who haven't done it, it's a blast. Beyond the cleaning and thief-watching, chatting

with the visitors and SA folk is entertaining, along with the Gary stories which are priceless.

Looking forward to meeting some more TS folk.

-Tom

Spoke to Gary yesterday, I'll be working either Sat. (7th) or Sun. (8th). Told him to plug me

in whenever he needs me, but it looks like Sat. based on all the responses in this thread.

For those who haven't done it, it's a blast. Beyond the cleaning and thief-watching, chatting

with the visitors and SA folk is entertaining, along with the Gary stories which are priceless.

Looking forward to meeting some more TS folk.

-Tom

:yup:

Had a blast last year. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday...

:salute:

:yup:

And wipe down the Shelbys.

Also people have a tendancy to steal anything that isn't bolted down. Security too.

And things that are bolted down... basically you will act as one part salesman, one part Shelby info rep, one part car detailer and one part security guard for the cars. You'll most likely be assigned a vehicle to "claim" as yours for the shift. You'll be responsible for directing any potential buyers to Gary or John L. and keeping the car clean while watching it like a hawk.

We worked last year open to close a couple of days (14 hours is a loooonnnggg shift LOL). Sam T watches the cars like a mother hen so he will know if anything is not right :)

Sam is a great guy and will help you in whatever you need. BUT , people WILL try to take EVERYTHING off of the vehicles.

Case in point: Julie was wathching the GT350 last year when she saw a woman lean over and place her hand on the oil fill cap (aluminum). She watched as the lady undid the cap while prentending to look at the S/C. She had it palmed and stood up when she saw Julie looking right at her then looked down at her hand with the cap and said " Oh,so that's where the oil goes in at ". She put the cap on the fender and took off. LOL.

The CSM plates were pried off at an earlier auto show in seconds so you really have to be on your game at all times. It's a great time and working with the SAI execs is an awesome experience for Shelby owners...

Hey Z-man.......I'm there again this year, booked with Gary early on. LOL he thinks I'm a glutton for punishment, but he doesn't realize that we all had a great time hanging out and doing it. Yes, the mad polisher will be at it again with whichever convertible arrives for the show! I'll be sure to do the bagel run again, since John seemed to enjoy them so much. So excited to have back to back events this year, it's going to be great!

I'll be attending! Came across the volunteer post back in December for the first time & emailed Gary...had no clue they did this. I'm going to be available all day on the 6th,7th,14th&15th but haven't received a confirmation as to when yet. I'm so looking forward to it! Hope to meet you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I had already spoken to Gary about working the first weekend, but I registered anyway since

originally I could work either day of the first weekend, but now I can only offer Sat. the 7th.

Still looking forward to another great time cleaning Shelbys! (j/k) Hanging out with the SA

folks is very educational.

-Tom

I had already spoken to Gary about working the first weekend, but I registered anyway since

originally I could work either day of the first weekend, but now I can only offer Sat. the 7th.

Still looking forward to another great time cleaning Shelbys! (j/k) Hanging out with the SA

folks is very educational.

-Tom

Tom , I'll be there all day on Sat the 7th. See you there.

It's great off pre-season practice for car cleaning season. LOL

It's great off pre-season practice for car cleaning season. LOL

Good point... and I'll get to practice on a bunch of black cars like my own!

Since you will be there, I'll look forward to chatting up the big celebration

at Summit and Carlisle.

-Tom

Hey guys, I'm new to Team Shelby but I signed up anyways for the 13th. Sounds like a good time and look forward to meeting some of the Team Shelby members.

Rob

Helo All-

my wife and i advised Gary that we would be very happy to work at the NY auto show - any day/time we might be needed

we will be in Las Vegas this weekend for museum delivery on #155, and hope that Gary will have dates and times for us to work NYC

looking forward to meeting all of Team Shelby at the auto show! and then off to Carlisle!!

Best

Pat

Hey guys, I'm new to Team Shelby but I signed up anyways for the 13th. Sounds like a good time and look forward to meeting some of the Team Shelby members.

Rob

I will be there the 13th as well. Looking forward to meeting you.

Z-man

Archived