TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Rear Lettering --- Help !!!!

Larry T

Hello I am replacing the rear lettering on my 2006 Shelby GT-H and am looking for replacement flat tension clips as some have broken from removal, I have a few questions

- Has anyone found a supplier? As both SPP and Scott Drake were unanable to help

- Has anyone found a different alternative that may work?

- Does anyone have the skills to make any replacements?

Thanks in advance for any help

Might want to check your local auto parts store.

O'Rielly's usually has similar items.

The brand name is Dorman.

Thank you Bill for the manufacturer, we do not have an O'Rielly's and I have been able to find the clips but not small enough, does anyone have the proper part number and I will try again.

Larry is this what you are looking for? These came with the Left Fender TriBar Running Horse Emblem. This is a Scott Drake piece.

I have purchased a new set and the only thing included are the barrel clips, the flat tension clips were not included, in order for the barrel clips to work you would have to increase the size of the mounting holes on the trunk. I do not want to use the barrel clips, I am just wondering of anyone has found and purchased replacement flat tension clips so that I can keep the car as original as possible. The picture from dh777 is the correct type clip but now i am just looking for the proper size and part number, this seems to be quite a challenge ... I am quite suprised that no one else has run into this issue.

Thank you everyone for your help ... and the search goes on!

No sir, mine came with the flat tension clips .... and the mystery continues???

I've replaced a couple of sets of letters on the grill first, then the trunklid when the stripes were replaced and if I remember corretly you can use either the clip or barrel nut on these letters and the will both work correctly as long as the pin diameter is the same as they come in different sizes.

They may have supplied you letters with the next size pins rather than the size of the originals.

Check here for replacements www.cobranda.com as the letters on the CS6 / GTH type cars are the same as the originals on the 1960's cars, just search barrel nuts or you could call them and they can tell you what you need to know.

I've replaced a couple of sets of letters on the grill first, then the trunklid when the stripes were replaced and if I remember corretly you can use either the clip or barrel nut on these letters and the will both work correctly as long as the pin diameter is the same as they come in different sizes.

They may have supplied you letters with the next size pins rather than the size of the originals.

Check here for replacements www.cobranda.com as the letters on the CS6 / GTH type cars are the same as the originals on the 1960's cars, just search barrel nuts or you could call them and they can tell you what you need to know.

Thank you, I have spoken to them and they do have the barrel nuts but not the tension fit clips, has anyone had any expeience in getting these tension clips made??

Or maybe a mid buiild change???

Can someone check on the earlier builds to see what they may have used??

While you can never say never keep in mind that the Shelby letters came from the supplier with barrel clips so unless I'm missing something it doesn't make sense to throw out those included clips and purchase another style of clip.

Unless you can find another car that used these flat clips I'm staying with its a modification.

Steve

While you can never say never keep in mind that the Shelby letters came from the supplier with barrel clips so unless I'm missing something it doesn't make sense to throw out those included clips and purchase another style of clip.

Unless you can find another car that used these flat clips I'm staying with its a modification.

Steve

The original sets of letters ( early 2006) that came with my CS6 package both had the flat style retainer clips.

The spare sets of letters I ordered later one set had the flat clips and the other had barrel nuts.

When I inquired what the difference was if any, I was advised the original letters (1960's vintage) used the flat clips but the newer supplied ones would have the barrel nuts.

I just assumed they had plenty of the original type on hand as spare parts etc. which were all used up by the CS6 program and then the Hertz program and after a certain point the remainder came with barrel nuts.

If I'm not mistaken the post size on the letters with the barrel nuts are slightly larger than the ones with the clips.

The original sets of letters ( early 2006) that came with my CS6 package both had the flat style retainer clips.

The spare sets of letters I ordered later one set had the flat clips and the other had barrel nuts.

When I inquired what the difference was if any, I was advised the original letters (1960's vintage) used the flat clips but the newer supplied ones would have the barrel nuts.

I just assumed they had plenty of the original type on hand as spare parts etc. which were all used up by the CS6 program and then the Hertz program and after a certain point the remainder came with barrel nuts.

If I'm not mistaken the post size on the letters with the barrel nuts are slightly larger than the ones with the clips.

Thank you for the information and insight into this mystery .... any chance you want to part with some of the flat clips????

Thank you for the information and insight into this mystery .... any chance you want to part with some of the flat clips????

I have found 14 pc. new ones in my spare parts for my CS6 but I'd really like to hold on to these..

I did however do a little searching today and found out they are called rectangular push nuts and this company

seems to have rectangular and round versions.

http://www.wclco.com/pdf/spring/srpushonnuts.pdf

Hope this helps..

I have found 14 pc. new ones in my spare parts for my CS6 but I'd really like to hold on to these..

I did however do a little searching today and found out they are called rectangular push nuts and this company

seems to have rectangular and round versions.

http://www.wclco.com...rpushonnuts.pdf

Hope this helps..

Awesome news .... thank you VERY much for the information, I do not have any to measure, is it possible for you to measure and maybe help me to figure out which ones I might need to talk to them about?

From what I measure the pin size is 1/16 but I need to see if you measure the same and what the physicial size of the clips are, any help you can give with this would be great and thank you again.

Awesome news .... thank you VERY much for the information, I do not have any to measure, is it possible for you to measure and maybe help me to figure out which ones I might need to talk to them about?

From what I measure the pin size is 1/16 but I need to see if you measure the same and what the physicial size of the clips are, any help you can give with this would be great and thank you again.

They are

0.382" long

0.218" wide

0.012" thick

And are slightly concave.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the web page I posted there is contact information there and I'm sure they can help you out.

Hello I am replacing the rear lettering on my 2006 Shelby GT-H and am looking for replacement flat tension clips as some have broken from removal, I have a few questions

- Has anyone found a supplier? As both SPP and Scott Drake were unanable to help

- Has anyone found a different alternative that may work?

- Does anyone have the skills to make any replacements?

Thanks in advance for any help

Larry I looked at mine and they are what you have. I also noticed that three of my letters S,H, and L are missing one of the pins.And the S and Y are loose. So what is a GT-H owner to do? I also want to keep the car as original as possible. The link that CS6 posted seems to be the manufacture to go to. Also called Ford Racing and there reply was they have both the stick on and clip/barrel kind. But I suspect a barrel is what you would get.

I stopped at Pep Boys and they had a clip that was close. That clip was sold thru Hillman. Check there web site but does not show that clip. Next thing to do is contact them for more info. Cross your fingers!!

WCL is a no-go .... they offer them as special order only and have yet to make any, got another lead I am chasing down, if it goes anywhere I will let everyone know.

I think I've found them....

Looks like they are automoitve use and are made by at least one company Tinnerman.

http://www.amazon.com/Flat-Push-Speed-Nut-count/dp/B000OVZPMI

They are also called spring nuts or speed nuts.

Hope this helps..

Randy

Archived